Victorieux Luxury Yacht Cov Ops Cloak 5 second timer?

With an exception. You can’t cloak again if somebody is in a 2500m range. Moreover, I’ll add, the ship is bigger than a frigate and if somebody is close enough to you, it can cause issues with warp. It’s very possible you can get “bumped”.

Hey, DeMichael! Are you going to participate in that “Extra Lap” Grand Prix final competition?

As I remember, during the previous Grand Prix, you fitted a multi-billion Victorieux Yacht for the purpose. In my opinion, the investments are too damn high for the reward.

The last one was in 2018 and I didn’t run it in a multi-billion fit, my Victorieux Luxury Yacht was all T2 fit. However my clone was fit with a full set of Mid-grade Ascendancy Implants…

Anyway, here’s a screenshot of it:

I might do the ‘Extra Lap’ time trials, after I run the regular routes next week.

My current fit and clone is kicked up a notch compared to the last time. My clone has a full set of Mid-grade Nomad Implants and my ship has quicker alignment, faster warp speed and more EHP. I don’t know why I have more EHP’s but hey, I’ll take em if they give em…

1 Like

The VLY has been in game for quite a while. This means that we don’t have speculate about whether it is OP or not based upon its stats and role bonuses, because we can look at what’s been happening in game. In fact, that’s exactly where we should be looking.

So, is the VLY OP? Well, I personally can’t answer that question. I rarely see them, and know jack ■■■■ about WH’s, where the VLY is apparently more common (some people use them to roll holes). There’s a group complaining about them in the following thread, but I’m also kind of skeptical of their competency. So, I’ll refrain from making any judgements based upon their comments alone.

Also, something to consider is that the VLY is a special edition ship with (afaik) no new sources. Thus, even if it is OP, the problem will naturally become less and less of an issue over time.

https://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Victorieux_Luxury_Yacht

I’m considering the clone’ implants as part of the fit, because they are useless without the specified set of ships.

Why not DED MWD in the mid-slot?

Well, the last two laps have routes through null-sec. To be competitive, we have to jump gate-to-gate and gate-to-checkpoint and back. Without dedicated intel and bookmarks the competitor is out of competition, even with 5B ISK implants set. The rng plays a big role here. There’s no time to mess with the gate campers. Also it can be dangerous to jump gate-to-site at range. There are places where tacklers are sitting in the entire range of landing spots from the checkpoint center. Also, along the northern lap, there are some really nasty Grand Prix hunters with insta-lock gate camps (Interceptor formations with remote Sensor boosts and Skirmish Burst support).

Is it really worth investing a multi billion fit and time, with these conditions, for such a result/reward?

I don’t consider the clone as part of the ship.

No reason to fit a MWD, the race is all warp. The EM Shield Amp plugs the hole in the shield. I added the DC mod for more EHP’s with increased resistance in case of Smart Bombs being activated when landing on out-going gate. However I’m not sure if that’s really needed, there’s a very small time frame between warping to gate and jumping for that to happen.

For traveling in Null Sec space, just bounce off celestials between gates. For the Landmarks, bounce off of celestials, warp in at range and then immediately warp out, all done while cloaked. The Yacht doesn’t need to worry about Warp Bubbles due to it’s bonus stats:

Role Bonuses:
100% bonus to warp speed and warp acceleration
100% reduction in Cloaking Devices CPU requirement
• Immune to Interdiction Sphere Launcher, Warp Disruption Field Generator and Mobile Small, Medium and Large Warp Disruptor
• Can fit Covert Ops Cloaking Device

As for insta-lockers, the fit has sub 2sec align time for insta-warp and the Covert Ops Cloak can be activated immediately after clicking ‘Warp to’. Cloak makes the ship immune to targeting. The WCS mod is fit in case of bad timing for cloak activation. I’m actually thinking of replacing the DC mod with another WCS mod just to be safe.

Last thing to help stay safe is to pick a time when there’s not many people online, can probably check killmails to find when the least amount of players are camping those areas. Anyway, feel free to let me know if I missed something.

been a while since i checked but the gate cloak is basically invulnerability to those things, you can’t be hit while gate cloaked

The last spot of this event isn’t about safe travelling, but about who’s faster.

This ship is hard to fit for a respective purpose with only module slots. Only implants will let to, let’s say, “soft cap” the required stats. To be competitive in the race, based on what I found, the overall implants price should vary between 3 and 5 B ISK. Your second fit allows you to replace one IS II with a C-Type DED Multispectrum item and the second one with a Shadow Serpentis IS. So, your ship tank will rely on Armor and Hull. A DED MWD, for a mid slot, is just to good for this vessel, in my opinion. That module will be the only thing which will help to save the ship when it’ll respawn near junk at gates.

You mean safe travelling, but it’s not a condition to pretend for a win spot. You need to jump gate-to-gate and gate-to-safespot at a destination point. Just imagine the amount of “home work”.

Only a cloak can save from insta-lockers, true. The sub 2 sec aling time isn’t a condition for safe travelling. There can be nasty scenarios with two gate camps in a row. So, it’s a scenario when you have to stay cloaked for the entire 15-20 sec. The +/- 10sec will define the first and the last place in the competition.

I’m just impressed you could spell Victorie…Victorieu…whatever.

Vicky works for me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.