Viridian in Focus - Updated with Lancer T2 Dreadnought + Structure Customization

I did watch it, i missed that.

Good catch

FYI, they mean literal mid-warp.

What you’re thinking of is the common use of smartbombs, right before the gate. That’s not what they mean when they’re talking about smartbombing mid-warp.

People can and do smartbomb shuttles mid warp too. Example: Reddit - Dive into anything

2 Likes

Thanks, really didnt know this is possible. Well in this case firing lances on incoming JFs is incredibly easy by placing a midwarp scout on a timed spot for spooling up the lance.

CCP confirmed in stream it will prevent jumping gates.
Jfs warp and in particle land after warping very slowly. It won’t be hard to time spool up and lance on a jump freighter.

Now that is pretty cool on a tactical level.

A scout would indeed work.

Alternatively your directional scanner can also be used for timing. With a directional scanner at a certain range (based on warp speed of target) is how people can get the timing right to bomb incoming fleets, which like the lance also needs some ‘spool up’ time in advance as bombs travel 7,5 seconds before exploding.

1 Like

It looks like CCP has abandoned yet another feature of their portfolio. The forum is not even mentioned any longer in the dev blogs. All feedback now goes via their “official discord” only.

That aside, the editor in the latter clips looks interesting. Has CCP recruited CaldariPonyClub or bought his Skin editor? Being able to manually change and customize the colors looks indeed very promising. Maybe a first step towards a new/updated/modernized corp logo creator, too. :slight_smile: I want to see a statistic of how many people colored their structures pink after the first month after the release of this feature.
Another good thing is that the skins are available for Evermarks and not RL cash. These marks are a bit of a pain in itself, but worlds better than having to pay for the skins with cash/cash-derived currency.

1 Like

Coloring your corporate space station looks entertaining, for the one person who gets to do it, for a few minutes play.

Hardly worthy of the “expansion” label. CCP, how about doing something that benefits EVERYONE?

1 Like

grafik

CCP is already super aggressive with this expansion. Just got a mail that it’s “Live Now”. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Let’s hope that CCP is better with QA of this expansion than with handling their mail service.

Cannot believe the structure cosmetics expire. Really likely won’t even be bothering with them now

2 Likes

Most alliances have holding corps for structures. Not sure how they will ever get evermarks to use them

1 Like

Skins for ever marks is not a good thing. I’d rather pay for a permanent skin than deal with evermarks. As well in terms of monetization that CCP had always been looking for this is a massively huge missed opportunity for them.

1 Like

More to come in Viridian: Corporate Goals

Hmm, temporary structure skins, evermarks, corporate goals (get evermarks?), hmmmmm
:thinking:

Nah, thanks but no thanks. Time is ISK. ISK is better spent on ships to blow up. Blowing up structures and ships is also the superior type of branding for your corp/alli/coalition. Mining for space crayons ? LOL.

2 Likes

Do paragoon agents offer other errand types beside fetch me (err. buy me) this or that piece of junk in exchange for earmarks? I have just begun to do some side jobs for them recently and I am wondering if it gets any varied? Otherwise it will be grindy to get them just to have this customized looks. …that do not last apparently :open_mouth: or do they?

1 Like

Sometimes an update comes along that has zero interest for me, but I still hope it will encourage other players in other playstyles to be more active.

Unfortunately, the “Coloring in Stations” and “T2 Dreads that Show We Learned Nothing from Edencom Ships” release doesn’t seem to be appealing to anyone so far.

6 Likes

WHY HAS CCP NOT GIVING ANY MORE DETAILS ? WHEN WILL THIS IS ON THE TEST SERVER?

• time limited structure skins for Evermarks is bogus. Seriously, if a corp/alliance needs to grind to keep up their structure skins is just telling them every 30/90/180 days “haha look how stupid you guys are”. Please don’t talk that way to your players. You have seen the “success” of time-limited ship skins vs the success of permanent skins. This is a clear message. Listen to it!
  • If you want to sell them repeatedly as an ISK/mineral sink, don’t make them “group skin licenses” that work for all structures of a corp/alliance but make them decently cheap and let them apply to a single citadel. So for an additional like 50 Million ISK or 100 Million ISK you can have a pink Astrahus. To make it more attractive for larger groups sell them as 10, 25, 100er licenses for a discount then. However, if the Citadel is destroyed or unanchored, the License is void. You could even create skins that reflect different states (vulnerable, reinforced timers, low-power, abandoned…).
  • make them tradeable via contracts. Skin design could be a whole new way of business in EVE, I am pretty sure people would pay huge amounts of cash for very very professionally designed skins.
3 Likes

By reading some New Eden news (last two paragraphs for this headings) I would estimate it’s going live in less than two weeks :thinking: In the middle of June.

I think the new effects are great.
However, I see close up ships in frigate PvP.
This effect negatively impacts FPS on PC and makes ships invisible due to smoke and light.(In particular, this is noticeable when an opponent shoots you with a rocket.)
I’m dealing with it by turning off the effect now.
I want you to suppress the amount of light and smoking a little more.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.