VNI changes?

I agree, the issue is not with the ships, its with the way rats, anoms and so on works.

Nerfing the dps will only make the site go slower, and make drone ships undesirable.
Changing the way the ship works will have the same effect.
Or people will use the next fotm.

Change the sites… NOT the ships…

Easy really.

4 Likes

I’m not familiar with the Ishtar, do you have a fit you can share ?

1 Like

That’s exactly the thing, if the npc’s are not going to shoot the drone’s then it won’t change anything, but I mean like have you done t5 filament in a gila? You definitly feel the nerf there.

For null sec ratting which is rediculasly easy sites, it would make 0 difference.

2 Likes

Yeah I have been since before and after the “nerf”. I can tell you there’s really no “feeling” the nerf.

Do you mind explaining exactly in which situations are you’re “feeling” the nerf?

1 Like

I will do that as soon as the server is back up and I have finished lunch. in this reply It is effectively a clone of the VNI fit.

[Ishtar, Ratting Ishtar]
Damage Control II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Omnidirectional Tracking Enhancer II

Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
100MN Monopropellant Enduring Afterburner
Drone Navigation Computer II

Drone Link Augmentor II
Drone Link Augmentor II

Medium Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Praetor II x5

This was better then the VNI in terms of better DPS, 100 km lock range and 125 km of drone range. I was using this for Sansha rats even with the poor resists on EM with 55%, my fit is also slightly adjusted from this with a small T2 neut and a civilian railgun. I was generally orbiting at 50 km which is not really effective for AFK as your drones would get aggro.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Against those BC’s with close range high dps high tracking weapons, you have to pull them a lot more often to keep them alive which slows down the run times a bit.

1 Like

My gal mil LP!

1 Like

It has three turrets and a vexors drones only with more tracking :roll_eyes:

The third bonus was kinda necessary.

1 Like

to be precise it will have Vexors drones with more tracking (makes sense to use 3 heavies for extra dps in a brawl situation), 0.5 effective turrets less with a 50% tracking bonus, a rep bonus, an extra low slot and an utility high.

It is from our perspective. In every QnA session in every event they were asked about new pve/missions they said their tools were lacking, like every npc is set up and placed by hand, legacy code 'n stuff. They keep telling that for so many years though. Guess pve is very low priority.

1 Like

Ok well im a builder, if i turned round to you and said your house was built poorly because i didnt have the tools or knowledge how would you feel about me as a builder?

Exactly, dont make excuses for them when yu wouldnt make them for others.

Oh in my opinion there is no excuse for not creating the right tools long ago. I only told what they say as an excuse.

1 Like

But there are clear signs that tools have been developed: Pirate FOB rats, Abyssal pseudo-randomized content, Triglavian invasion force. So instead of bashing for lack of tools we should bash CCP for not revisiting ‘legacy’ content with tools they have now.

1 Like

oohh ok well yeh… i dunno what to say about it all anymore other than i used to love eve online.

But this isnt the same game now and i’m pretty certain as everything else theyve made hasnt really been much of a success i would imagine they dont wish to burn this into the ground; and maybe it wont.

But the pve content isnt great and its not why most play and stay.

1 Like

They develop and add new rats, mechanics and sites. But remaking 3000 IIRC different missions/anoms/sites by hand is a task they seem to deemed unrewarding and unworthy. I think at some point they’ll replace parts of old pve with new procedurally created with smart-rats.

Well, look at triglavians in abyss or invasion system. They are able to make rats more aggressive. And scripted missions aren’t anomalies. Don’t look at them same way.

Yea the same content with different rat’s would change everything but good AI is a very tall request but It seems like one of CCP’s main focus atm which is really cool.

That’s extremely useful, thank you very much. :+1:

eta: Didn’t realise it was an HAC, needs another 2 months training :frowning:

I don’t understand why the VNI needs to be changed. I have searched the forums trying to find out why the VNI is such a bad thing for the game. The ship seems to work well and it doesn’t provide too much income unless it is being used by botters. This nerf will not stop the botters, they will simply move to another ship. So then why destroy a wonderful ship that when used by regular players, provides for tons of fun and a little profit? What I’m trying to get at is that this nerf makes no sense when you look at what it will do regardless of the intentions of it:

• Will not stop botters; they will just go to another ship
  • Will stop newbros from being able to make enough isk to enjoy nullsec
  • Will stop vets from using them to relax and make some isk without a huge risk
  • Destroys a market item that generates decent profit
  • Makes players believe that CCP would rather nerf what the players get rather than deal with the real problem

This nerf makes the VNI just an extra ship in the line. Something unneeded with no purpose. I would rather use a regular Vexor than the nerfed VNI. This nerf just doesn’t make any sense because it will not fix anything. That is what upsets me the most about it. We will still have the botters, but we won’t have the VNI.

Makes me wonder what is next on the nerfing block? Hey, newbros make a ton of isk doing Relic and Data sites in the Astero… we should take away the covert ops cloak and say that botters were using it too much to be caught.

Really, CCP, this nerf in not your best work. You can do better. Please take another look at what you are doing and make a better solution as the problem is not that VNI’s are too good to have in the game.

6 Likes

This Income depends on market prices and is NOT isk generation activity. AFK-Farming VNIs are.

When you say “works well” you have to compare it to other faction ships. And that comparison will show that it performs a little bit too well.