VNI changes?

Yes, they trot out this type of excuse every time someone calls them on how poorly the game mechanics work. “The old code, it’s so hard, we can’t understaaaand it!”

CCP, HOT TIP FOR YOU: take some of the 50-60-70 million dollars a year that your customers pay to you, and write some new code. (Second tip: code that actually works, not the stuff you’ve been turning out for the past 5 years)

• Write a new anomaly tool

• Write a new mission creation/editing tool

• Write a new tool for finding/forming fleets on the fly from people in local, and then put some content together that interests them (which is what Resource Wars should have been, before you bunged it up)

• Write a tool that allows Corp owners to post their own mini-objectives for corp members to complete for a certain payout, which is granted upon completion (PLAYER CREATED CONTENT!)

• Write a tool that simulates what we have seen in the few events you’ve run lately (that weren’t crap) where you get 3 different objectives to complete. Then make Activity Finder have a ‘Daily Missions’ section that gives players 3 random tasks to complete each day, for some reasonable reward/points they can shop with. Mini injectors, skill books, sort of like LP store stuff but different and more interesting.

Stop wasting development time on crap like WiS, modifying a working Agent Finder to a useless one, creating entire fleets of AI NPCs that nobody interacts with except as a nuisance, changing the NPE 10 times without ever getting a decent/working one, creating new solo PvE content, or creating entire mechanics like Resource Wars which you then render completely useless.

Stop using our money to make excuses. Start making tools.

2 Likes

I’m not sure why you use the word nerf, a streamer took the new VNI on the test server and challenged people to 1v1 dual’s and won 12 in a row against other types of ship’s of similar class including a vedmak and Vigiliant.

The New Vni might actually need a nerf.
The streamer was Andy Virus.

1 Like

Bravo! And return local to null.

1 Like

You haven’t been paying attention :] otherwise you would realize that you can put some local up in your null if you tried hard enough.

This is what I said when CCP decided to do something about carrier ratting income, and NERFED THE CARRIER IN PVP. It’s like… duhhhhhh… change the anoms?

I said the same thing about the carrier. See above.

Ishtars have 125mb/s drone bandwidth and they’re cruisers too…

I wonder what will happen if I say “Nerf Bat” three times in a row over an image of an Ishtar…

Andy Virus a great solo pvper and streamer recently released this video testing the new VNI on Sisi.

1 Like

Don’t forget where that ISK comes from, those people stopped supplying the market with ISK when the blackout hit, the market will see a crash soon!

there are 2 Towers that spawn in an un rated signature. Serpentis logistics outpost.

the initial site has 2 in the second room that spawn at 30km about 10-30 seconds after the Rat spawn, they have an aggression range of 50km but once aggressed will web out further (not sure on upper limit) they web for aprox 60% speed and are softly tanked (most of the HP is in hull. a flight of Meds will dispatch a tower in about 60 seconds depending on skills.

the escelation to this site has 4 twined pairs of stasis towers that spawn in the same room.

When I buy PLEX (rather seldom) I buy using Steam … so 30% less money for CCP :smiley:

I’m someone that enjoys EVE, but I cannot afford to pay for game time. One of the big reasons I first started playing this game was because I heard you could pay for subscription with in-game currency, and that was a big draw for me.

To this date, I don’t believe I’ve been able to afford a month worth of PLEX, but when I first got out to null-sec and was taught how to VNI rat by my corporation, I got closer than I ever had before, and that was exciting. I’m not very knowledgeable of the game, I don’t know how the nerf/buff/whatever it’s considered will affect the ship I use the most, but if it ends up negatively affecting my ability to rat, then even when I do play the game, I may not be able to do much of what I want to do.

And before people go, “If you can’t afford a subscription don’t bother playing” then I’d rather you see it from my point of view. If you’re a fan of this game, would you just not play if you suddenly couldn’t afford a subscription? I don’t think so.

This could be an awesome opportunity for me to learn about something like a Dominix, but I honestly don’t know. I’m apprehensive at best, and I hope my enjoyment of the game isn’t heavily affected by a change like this.

As an alpha clone, I feel my PvE options are heavily limited, especially in null-sec. I’m not really a solo PvP player and I never will be. I just hope I can learn how to Dominix rat!

Do you enjoy the tasks you do for PLEX money?

Thats one of the reasons the ship gets changed. Improvise, Adapt, Overcome (get to know game better). Semi-afk alpha-capable mind numbing relatively cheap ratting with relatively decent payout had to go away.

It would actually be better for ratting because you can kill things quicker and earn isk quicker you just cant do it afk anymore like you used to so in a way its a buff to non bot players :].

Don’t lisen to the guys saying its a nerf, they just lack the experience to know just how strong the new VNI actually is and its a monster of a ship now.

But if you haven’t already you should start cross training into Blasters/Rails as well, for ratting I would say Rails would be stronger because of travel time and clearing speeds, plus the tracking bonus means you could kill of npc frigates super fast compared to waiting for drones to get to them which ups your clearing speeds a lot.

A Word of advice would be to go onto the test server and find the site you want to run and start testing with different fit’s if you do this you will be ahead of everyone else and will be prepared when the ship changes.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips! I didn’t mention it in my first post but I definitely never AFK ratted in my VNI. I liked the micro-management of my drones and their targets, so I would actively play whilst ratting. Cross-training right now will take a long time since I’m sitting at 12mil SP but I’m alpha. It’s definitely something I’ll look into!

Also I really have no idea how people AFK ratted in a VNI. Maybe I’m unlucky, but doing sites against Sansha rats, my drones would get randomly targeted out of nowhere by every single ship in the anomaly. Sometimes though I would get a site that I never had issues with… I dunno. AFK ratting when all you can use is Imperial Navy Praetors as an alpha was just not good. Too much to lose.

1 Like

New VNI max DPS configuration 550-600 depending on skill, reps ~250hp/s with proper rigs, ancil, and standard reppers.
Current VNI 774dps with 2 ion blasters and 5 ogre2’s, reps 209hp/s with the same tank configuration.

Don’t listen to this guy, he doesn’t already fly a brawly vni.

You can’t just look at numbers you have to factor in increased tracking + med drones move faster than Heavies so that’s less travel time as well, If you want to be super technical Download the DPS meter plugin for eve go onto the test server and do a run check out the dps then do a run with your current fit and check out the dps meter do this mutiple times with different fits to min max and get a good avg and those numbers would be more accurate than the fitting window.

A link to the dps meter: https://github.com/ArtificialQualia/PyEveLiveDPS

Pvp wise go up and click the link and watch the vid with Andy Virus the guy knows his stuff.

You will be at 0, because blasters. Drone travel time is irrelevant.

He’s doing good work in that vni, but I’m telling you nose to nose, guns and reps hot the old one wins PERIOD.

1 Like

I was originally talking about pve and clear times btw but yea at 0 old VNI has more damage, but having 5 larges means when they die you have a lot less reserves. I would love to see old vni VS new vni wonder if ccp can do that on Sisi and have both options.