Vote Xenuria for CSM 14

The meeting mins are linked in the OP. I ran as the only reform candidate in the history of the CSM and I was elected on that platform. I changed the amount of seats, rewrote the whitepaper and changed the way the CSM functions as an institution.

2 Likes

A lot of “me” and “I” in your writings but, as my grandfather was fond of saying, “there’s nothing more arrogant than a S.O.B. who knows he’s right.”

Keep up the good fight X.

1 Like

I was pushing for this feature back when I was on the CSM, mostly as a way to help new players find things. I suppose it has other functions like helping alliances find the undock button.

2 Likes

Woulda been better if someone didn’t beat you to that joke by 2 hours.

Can you help us against ISDs that are possibly not fit for their “job” ?

Hi Xenuria, what’s your view on highsec pve opportunities?

Thanks.

Daisy.

A few quick questions, if I may:

1. A major gripe of mine in hisec is the proliferation of structures. Whilst this is undoubetly a boon for some, others - or perhaps only me - see the proliferation of structures as somewhat akin to a boil on the fetid sphincter of hisec. The changes that have been made have, in my humble opinion, been for the worse. I’d love to see some measures taken to greatly reduce the number of structures, and further, to make it far more competitive for larger corporations to maintain hisec structures.

2. Turning to something a little more important, I note from the CSM photograph that there is absolutely no female representation in the CSM. So, how about some proposals for a form of positive discrimination? I do think we could perhaps do with some here - assuming, of course, that there are any real-world females who are willing to stand for the CSM.

Thoughts?

[Edit: Typos]

To answer your first question I think proliferation of upwell tech has gotten away from CCP but I am fairly certain they know that and are already taking steps to mitigate this.

To answer your second question… No. I don’t think we should give people a seat on the CSM just because of what they have between their legs. That’s really silly when you think about it. If a woman wants to run for the CSM and be elected on merits they can do that. They have done that, some of the better CSMs before my time were women. It was actually a female CSM candidate that sparked the long, mostly classified process that lead to a newly reformed CSM in the first place.

2 Likes

Hi Xenuria,

How are you?

I might vote for you cos you seem really genuine and interested in helping players.

What is it about high-sec you enjoy and how would you represent us?

Many thanks.

Natocha.

High sec is a great starting point or even a return point for people who want to market PVP. I have run all the epic arc missions and If I had the chance to change anything about high sec I would change missions. They need updates on their payouts and difficulty. They aren’t balanced at all.

1 Like

Wow that’s a good answer. Thank you so much.

:grin:

Ok, just to make it clear for all…exactly what do you want to change in difficulty and payouts for missions?
Anything else about missions (types,number of, variation within each) you would like to change?

Thanks!

1 Like

The missions haven’t had any kind of serious attention in years. Some level 4 missions are as hard as level 5s and some level 5s are so easy you can solo them in a cruiser. There is not a consistent gradient between the level of difficulty or the level of payout. I also have been pushing for a way to get faction skins at a discount if you have high enough faction standing.

I think mission variation needs work also, most of them are just show up and click something then go back to agent. I would like to see some more puzzles and random elements in terms of spawns and NPC behavior. I want it to be very difficult for anybody to Bot or AFK clear a mission. I also want the rewards in terms of time bonus to scale several times based on how much you crushed the mission site.

1 Like

Much more detailed and interesting reply!

Thank you…and added to my voting list.

Can you campaign to make distribution missions more diverse/better pay or just more ranged in general…or would that make you unpopular?

I love the idea of doing distribution missions but they are horrifyingly dull. Maybe ccp don’t want players to get stuck in single player hauling so much?

I dunno.

Thanx.

As you have detailed Hisec I would be interested to hear your views on two questions I have.

The first and most important to me is what do you think about and what do you want to suggest in terms of bumping and how it is used in hisec as a no consequence point which they can apply and have done for hours and which gives too much control in terms of the battlespace imo. They do not need to bump to gank freighter because if you look at JF’s they gank a lot on the gates with suicide points. Ganking will not end without bumping and as this is totally imbalanced against hisec solo haulers what is your view on this.

Another issue which I would like to expose, something that I tried to push in the war dec discord before I got meta gamed out of it and in the dev threads, I especially noted Jin’Taans ideas here. War decs, it got close to what I wanted to see, but there is still one missing piece, from my perception of war decs the real push should be to make the defender want to fight. CONCORD allows wars to develop capsuleers, but all the major war dec alliances and corps TZ tank. Therefore we need to make the structure in which the war HQ is in to be vulnerable in the TZ of the defender. Then we can turn carebears into carebears with teeth. What is your opinion of this?

To answer your first question, Bumping is probably one of the single greatest tools we have against botters and people who are AFK. I think it should be buffed when used on somebody who isn’t moving but made harder to do on a person who is actually playing the game. I think bumping AFK miners in high sec is gods work. I feel less enthusiastic about bumping people off stations or gates when they are trying to warp away. I don’t think it should be removed but it should required higher skill on part of the bumper.

TZ tanking is kinda problematic yes but I suspect that will be getting the attention it needs soon enough.

1 Like

Orca miners on moons and ice at a guess. Agree with that.

Totally agree.

I had suggested giving freighters the ability to fit a BS MWD to see how that develops. Despite all the name calling I get from the gankers I rather like that they developed it and want to see real skill rewarded. But I do want to see more options for those being bumped.

Good answers.

I am focussed on the War HQ as in terms of hisec, on the other side of things hisec indy people have it too tough at the moment. But that is my opinion I guess, one of the issues is that people do changes for nullsec and it really changes things massively for hisec. One example was the watch list, which should come back as part of the locator agents. Well this one will be interesting to see develop.

They should have new players only for this council. Has a CSM council ever done anything positive except for their own personal interest in eve?

Rather they should scrap it, I haven’t seen too many changes in the 5-6 yrs since I played.

You haven’t been paying attention and you clearly haven’t read the first post of this thread.