Vote Xenuria

What’s your stance on AFK cloaking and can you nag CCP to finally give Black Ops the rebalance they need? Also, where’s the promised Project Discovery Marshal reward?

When it comes to CSM stuff it helps to sort things into 2 main categories.

A. Things that CCP intends to fix/do/add/etc but simply has higher priorities or not enough staff/time/resources/etc.
B. Things that CCP has not yet been convinced/decided are worth doing.

AFK cloaking, black ops re-balance and promised items all fall into category A. After working with CCP the first time around I have come to understand that these lists of importance and focus are not locked in stone. When something breaks or is exploitable or even when there is enough push from players and the CSM; gears can shift and things can change pace.

The question is do you as a player feel that those things are what are most important right now. If you say yes, then it becomes my job (if elected) to advocate for that stance. This includes me doing my own research often outside my normal play-style. I consolidate a consensus based on what my constituency pleads for and move from that point.

There are always going to be people running for CSM who climb up on a soap box and proclaim with unwavering confidence that if you vote for them they will “Fix x y z”. That there is some magic buttan they will promise to press once you vote them in that will instantly fix or address a given issue. I am not going to lie to you, it’s not my style. The truth is that while the CSM has more power now than ever in it’s history; CCP as a company is still finding equilibrium. Your going to want people who treat CSM like a job or a responsibility not a social trophy.

The average high sec voter learned that lesson the hard way last year when vince draken was elected. It is my hope that high sec voters aren’t the mindless goldfish power blocs would have you believe.

4 Likes

With AFK cloaking I just want to know if you’re one the sane side or the liar / lunatic side of things. Blops rebalance, however, is very important to my buddies, alts and me. Whoever promises to continuously nag CCP about it gets our votes.

Well I wouldn’t use the term nag but I do agree that the present state of cloaking leads to a reduction in actual content in the same way clone costs did. Finding a happy middle point is going to be key with anything that even touches cloaking or is in any way connected to it. There are these obvious things that while present reduce the likelyhood a player will undock or engage other players. One of those things was clone upgrades, another is how broken AFK cloaking is. Obviously black ops and associated mechanics are tied into that.

this is your csm campaign thread
do you really wanna bait me and turn it into a cesspit of petty squabbling
so isd has to come in and clean up all the bikkering
i made myself clear
i dont like you
i dont wanna talk to you
im allowed to tell you that in your csm thread
and thats not trolling
but if you wanna turn your campaign thread into a bloody boxing ring then go for it

You aren’t really doing much to change perceptions about yourself. I will ask again if you have any legitimate comments or questions for me. You don’t have to like me and you also don’t have to talk to me either. I will remind you that nobody forced you to post in this thread. You weren’t coerced into talking with me or about me in my thread. Please be civil or cease posting in this thread.

1 Like

I think beauty pageant JC’s problem is purely aesthetic. I wouldn’t pay it too much mind.

As for FW, there doesn’t necessarily need to be any direct change here for it to benefit us.
Many changes like the Retribution ship rebalance changed fw for the better, as all t1 rebalance and module tierecide did.

On the other hand, if Citadels docking rights changes in null, but are not given attention to how they are done within low, we continue to have a problem. Limits to how many one entity can have might fix this, but it will be like telling a wounded soldier he will have to amputate a limb to save the rest. If feel that is where we are with Citadels.

There are more concerns for FW, but that is the greatest one.

Yes, everything connects in some way or another and that is what makes it so difficult to address anything.

Citadels are an overqualified replacement to moon POS. CCP didn’t listen to the voices that said so, because the roar of the crowd was in their ears, delighting them. Now they are too afraid to scale them back to where they belong or create something new that will take their place and leave Citadels in their own category as sov structures. Their utility is that good and everyone knows it. Only spoiled brats will rage against this obvious balance to something that has tilted the scales too far to one side for too long.

Well damn. After that in development video, I take that back. Those are some serious steps in the right direction.

I will save a spot for you Xenuria

Including Pink Skins, something I have been pushing for years.

2 Likes

Good luck Xenuria. Seeing you rugby tackled by burly space security at Fanfest last year was genuinely brilliant role-play and should be rewarded. I hope your hand was okay in the end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it was fine. I am really excited about this years fanfest and all the wacky stuff I have planned.

While I agree on several items you have previously mentioned (especially tying in NPE with FW), the rest of them are kind of “meh” and all of them have far more impact in LS/NS. If you are trying to scrounge up any of disorganized HS vote, please expand on your ideas in regards to HS. Of the current CSM, Jin taan is probably the closest HS has (besides Steve) to someone willing to at least hear about HS concerns. He is, without doubt, the best in communicating with us: the unwashed masses.

1 Like

if he had posted in one of your threads or answered a question of yours on someone elses i would understand; telling someone on their thread you dont want to talk to them… and then keep talking to them… seems like a bit of a futile gesture?

Ive heard the name xenuria before tho i dont recall where tbvh…

I also feel there are more than enough gsf on the csm.

It is true that he is better at explaining what he plans to do to the average player. It is also true that he is in far less need of support from organized high sec ballots that I am. He has been on most of the null sec bloc ballots as has steve. I think the difference is that Steve can get elected with only support from high sec but I don’t see that happening with Jin Taan despite the fact that he is really good at what he does. I think that painting him as a high sec CSM is disingenuous in the same way painting me as a goon candidate is. Such assertions betray a shallow surface level understanding of the current political climate in eve.

I have a rather successful youtube dance career and I have made waves in eve before. I exposed the truth about drifter super structures and their use of shoes.

2 Likes

It’s not painting Jin taan as a HS candidate per se, it is that he is one of only a couple of CSM willing to start and maintain a dialogue with people of HS, the largest group of players in EVE. Based on the CSM minutes over the years, the rare communications directly to the players from the CSM, and the blogs from CCP where they state what they are hearing from the CSM, the overwhelming majority is (and always has been) a tool used by the NS blocs to craft the game toward what they want and where CCP should spend their resources. Often this is to the detriment of HS/LS.

HS will never have a representational presence on the CSM equal to their population on EVE, the voting process and human nature will always skew the results to tight knit and organized groups…and nothing is wrong with that. What many object to is the long running opinion of the CSM is that people of HS/LS should ALWAYS take a back seat to the needs of the NS. Any candidate that is willing to at least reach out and MAINTAIN contact with people outside of NS on a regular and, MORE IMPORTANTLY, productive basis is worth consideration. They don’t have to run lock step with HS, but they should at least have the mental and ethical ability to see the concerns and needs of HS, an ability that appears to have been sorely lacking over the years.

It has become apparent from CCP comments in these forums that the devs have the needed information about what is going on, but are horrible in ascertaining exactly what their data means in terms of players’ needs and wants. I think part of that problem has been the institutionalised establishment of an echo chamber environment made up of people the socialize both in and out of the same area of EVE: NS. Being part of NS for a CSM is not the problem; sacrificing or ignoring the rest of the areas for it, is the problem. You prove to people that you are willing to at least hear what areas outside of NS are asking for and why, make a good faith effort to present their case in front of the CSM and CCP, and keep the line of honest communication open, and you will get your votes. Otherwise, people will think it is just another metagaming ploy by a large NS bloc.

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time for such concise answers on this platform. Not all of us have the time for external sites.