War Declaration Augmentation by LP and Corp Shares

So… “not really, no” ?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done more as a means of risk averse intimidation. Incursion runner I encountered paid to have the wardec removed so they could go back to safe mission running.

It’s pretty cheesy and even though I’ve profited from it I don’t think ISK for Wardecs is a good mechanic.

50m ISK is a paltry amount these days. I didn’t have to invest much else to cause this player to be fearful of reprisal.

Hey, awesomely done! :slight_smile:

Why would you think you can tell if it is, or not, given that you lack any and all experience? please note that i’m not saying you’re a highsec crybaby who is biased against the evil sociopaths. those people can’t tell reality from fantasy, and i have no doubt that you don’t suffer from this issue.

What interests me is how you came to the conclusion that it makes sense to force peopls, who want to fight, to do PvE. i can’t copy your thought process, so i’m really curious. to me it seems you’re seriously disconnected from what makes people want to wardec others.

i’m aware of the status quo. i’m aware of the fact that CCP ruined the game mechanic many years ago and created the issues we have now. i’m aware that there are too few, but also too big, wardeccing alliances/corps. i’m aware that these corps/alliances contain too “fat” people who are way too comfortable with what they do.

what i am not aware of, is the motivation behind your idea, and i don’t want to jump to the easy conclusion that you want to get rid of wardeccers, which is what your idea definitely would cause, if it ever saw the light of the day.

Please share some insights. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Once again, let me reiterate. This proposal is not forcing people to do PvE. They can:

a.) Hire people to run missions as bait ships.
b.) Gank good ol’ fashioned ways.
c.) As a defender get shares from an attacker that you use to punch some little space kid to sharpen your baby teeth. or
d.) Go to damned different part of space for PvP.

I mean, if i was looking to pvp i’d go out and roam in lowsec, not drop 50 mil that even though it’s paltry in the grand scheme, not something i have all the time, or can easily recover.

i know what your proposal is, but you have to look beyond your proposal. you have to look at immediate, short and long term consequences. you have to consider the mindsets and motivations. these things are important!

And that’s why i ask, because it looks like you didn’t.

Your proposal is forcing people to do PvE. it doesn’t matter if you mention it, or not. it’s one of the outcomes of both what will happen, and what will be perceived. People will not waste isk for others to run missions, they will use alts. Mission runners, who don’t PvP at all, will not participate in this. Mission runners who PvP also will not participate in this, because they know that no one, who has a slight clue of combat, is going to take the bait.

Btw…

I’m concerned that you don’t actually understand the point of ship combat, and wardecs, in highsec. it’s not just about PvP, it’s also economics, politics and power. CCP reducing wardecs to a joke doesn’t change that.

Do you actually do any ship PvP?

1 Like

There’s more reasons for killing people. many actually don’t reduce it to an arcade-like experience, but thanks to CCP combat in highsec devolved into that state. the “fun” crowd, who only want to log in to get some fights, kind of amplify this. they create the idea that there’s “zones” for where one should go for ship combat, ignoring that it’s not an arcade and that there are more reasons for fighting people than just for killing.

1 Like

I know a good deal when I see one!
+1 to you my good ma’am.

3 Likes

you created this char five minutes ago, just to post this, and it almost instantly got two likes.

i’m outta here.

o7

3 Likes

so, what your saying is that there’s actual pvpers who wardec each other to actually pvp? and it doesn’t so happen to be that a couple of haulers get blapped in the process?

I’m kidding, I guess the hs industry alliances could actually care where which citadel is where, but the only group of pvp blokes that could take a hit from this are those who go out to kill dead citadels, POSes and the like. I’m still not unsure why it would be that big of a deal unless you make it a heavy grind, which the 90 day LP wipe I think would make it a grind for those who don’t frequently wardec.

maybe it’s the white noise of wargankers that makes the wardec system like it is. but i guess i’d need to be reminded if there’s something i missed.

1 Like

Is that accusation an attempt to sully my honor! Heavens to Betsy, what is a cybernetic brothel madam without her honor. I doth protest against your spurious claims of living an ALTernative lifestyle.

A simple google search will return a reddit post that shows the Profit Muhammad, blessing onto him and his 72 Fedo, was created February 2016. That is hardly minutes ago.

1 Like

Zones are necessary. Sure you can create nebulous long term content, but some folks want immediate fight zones. Gates and stations games can continue to exist, but lets expand the potential PvP-centric HS zones. This proposal advocates the creation of several Concord mission running systems designed exclusively for ‘mining Concord LP’ to obtain war shares that are used to issue war declarations.

PvP defense fleets and bait mission runners must work together to force the competition out of these HS zones while extracting as much Concord LP as they can.

Now I see why you hate missions. How do you lose a Tengu in Gone Berserk?

Capture

1 Like

This entire thread is a very elaborately thought out and executed troll thread.

The impractical use of CONCORD LP, wiping CONCORD LP on leaving a corp, and the fact that you get CONCORD LP from Incursions not Missions should all have been giveaways that this is a troll idea if “This change in payment model compels wardec groups to become mission bears” didn’t give it away.

2 Likes

I’m not @Pix_Severus Severus, or any of his alts, assuming he has them. I thought better of you, than trying this. It’s funny, how both sides of the equation are so similar.

@Profit_Muhammad that may be, still doesn’t change what i said. You registered on the forums shortly before posting.

@Cade_Windstalker i’m not into incursions at all, so i didn’t consider it. I only ever shot one or two sansha rats in an incursion system, in a belt.

I gave her the benefit of the doubt, but considering the link above, i know where he/she is from anyway.

Thanks for making it clear.

2 Likes

I didn’t say you were Pix Severus or an alt of Pix. The account I linked was Oylpann Kumamato. Wow, you really got defensive on that point. :thinking:

You do show up in a lot of his killmails for bashing MTUs, which is a genuinely noble cause.

1 Like

Yeah, right.

1 Like

if that is true, i guess I’ll break out the vaporwave and we can sing along together @yellow_parasol.

1 Like

So i have to grind away all antisocial till i get enough LP to do something actually interesting? Great game design that is.

1 Like