War in Nullsec?

This:

It would have been awesome if enough people showed up but they didn’t.
For me they also did it at a bad time (not their fault, mine) for me so I was only in it for about five minutes at the most before I lost my internet connection.
This and a number of other things are why I keep trying to give them time to do stuff even when I don’t like what’s happening. What I wonder is why they didn’t do a lot of these tests and make it something that held people’s interest, if someone in Eve likes something they tell people, and if those people like it they tell people and so on untill whatever it is becomes completely overrun.
And overrun is exactly what this test needed.
Right (multiple question marks)

And because of comments like these we are in this situation. People just don’t get it and talk trash without the slightest clue of what’s going on.

Just because you canstuff x thousand chats in a system like you stuff a Christmas turkey does not mean that it’s a good gameplay experience. Especially if that stuffing makes it literally impossible to attack certain areas of space because the game just becomes unplayable. Thanks to your stupid argument more people can enjoy this idiocy instead of enjoying the game.

4 Likes

Who cares? Most players in hisec don’t give even a passing thought to wars in nullsec.

2 Likes

Reddit is a hive mind shithole they can stay there.

3 Likes

Did not see you when M2- (a re-enactment of the Battle of Stalingrad’ explained it wasn’t going to work. I can’t understand that the blue doughnut ‘council of leaders’ who then had factual proof 1DQ would not fall lead their players into certain dissapointment.

Then the shafted most of their players by evaccing their stuff on monday at the final ‘big invasion’ only to tell their members afterwards they would have to fight their way out but not to worry as the leaders have their ISK out.

Funny. EVE does reflect real wars but then you see the leaders fail to care for their players, which is an issue as the dissapointment they feel need to be compensated with some content. Communication is key. I hope PAPI leaders learned from it, but you know… its only a game.

The war is not over, the invading forces are retreating like Germany in the 1940’s. Many battles are still ahead. Goons will probably go blow up some PAPI stuff to ‘show them’.

Lets hope no players quit forever but just take a break and then come back to rebuild.

1 Like

To answer OP: good question. Probably better for the victors to enjoy victory and the losers to recoup elsewhere. These forums are not exactly the places for warm, intelligent, friendly discussions.

If reaching large groups of people is the goal, there are much better ways to do that than public forums. One would be a news website:

I have been following the war since I have been playing. So glad it is over. Propoganda from both sides has been exhausting to sift through.

Very satisfying conclusion. Very happy for the victors and I hope those in defeat learn from it. To see past one’s hubris and admitting mistakes is to grow. There was plenty of lame ego flinging from both sides, but only one side earned the right to be, well, right.

A war of morale, for certain. Masterfully played. Well done and welcome home.

Edit: So it may not “be over” (after rereading this thread), but for all intents and purposes, a rookie like me has a way better outlook on joining a large null group after seeing some sort of conclusion. Strange levers on strange fulcrum, if you ask me.

3 Likes

I heard some guys had to grind Citadels for 13 month just to be pushed back within in 3 days.

That is what i heard :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Most Reddit posts are from Goons and how they fake won the war. I can also confirm Goons were given an order to flood Reddit with propaganda spin that positioned the war in their favor.

Null conflict just means more opportunity to sell things.

1 Like

This is where we see a majority of the Null/WH/Lowsec based players on the forums. When CCP publishes Patch notes/News we get an influx of those kinds of players on the announcement board and the test server feedback board.

Else the forums are mostly highsec, industrial, roleplay based.

2 Likes

Ah, yah, the EVE forums are probably too intense for nullbears.

Your blob can’t save you here!

2 Likes

Myself I’m looking forward to more nullbears in high , so many will die and not understand what’s happening :grin:

1 Like

Actually was thinking more targets for us but yes that too

Yes, that is why we get in wars in the first place. What else could be our motivation?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
No my dear. As in each and every war in Eve, both sides will spin it in a win, no matter what.

I’m there.
What I need to do to you consider me a nullbear?

2 Likes

Be there.

1 Like

I was, but someone told me Mining in Idoken is the funniest thing in this game. So I APed all the way in my retriever to try it.

And all that to discover that HS is scary as hell…Neutrals everywhere!!!

1 Like

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

IDK, or you don’t have the information, or you are just trolling. Similarly to fake news, you posted a fake post.

The current server performance is a reason why the players, who are interested in big war battles, are leaving the game or are doing something completely different. I didn’t say that CCP devs don’t have skills or understanding how to improve the server. Have you ever maintained an old project? You can do some improvements and optimisations here and there, but you can’t totally boost that thing to a new performance level. It’s like you’re going to put a V8 engine on a Mini or trivial sedan from 90x. That thing will not go well. You’ll not manage to fix the aerodynamics and center of mass, the multi-link suspension will not resist the torque. I completely have no idea how their EVE server is working, what’s new and what’s old there and which tech they are using.

From my point of view, I’ll just analyse all new technologies, the budgets. If there’s a non hardware tech which can seriously improve the server, I’ll redirect the devs to a new project - “Developing the EVE server from scratch”. Even if will take years to code. Sure, the software and hardware don’t have unlimited potency. Therefore, I’ll begin to rethink the gameplay mechanics to make it playable for all timezones and to not allow this kind of “in game DDoS” behavior. It needs some quota on the server resources.

And so many people scanning your ships.

2 Likes

Oh, that is a relief. At last they are not cloaking.