Warclone Blanks, Save Our Clones

When its disputed about the RSS’s claims by another branch if the republic government, particularly the RJD, things become quite murky.

1 Like

It would be, but have the RJD meaningfully disputed the RSS’s position?

1 Like

Since Skarkon went final lim and was woven into Pochven, what evidence they could have used for a formal contestation is now outside of their reach, and I believe as you noted in another thread, Kril Efrit has already been written off as a dead man with his new ‘position’

1 Like

So that’s a ‘No, the RJD hasn’t disputed the RSS’s claims’? Which means things are, in fact, not murky?

They were beginning the process of dispute and overturning many of the RSS’s oversteps. But that has, unfortunately, in Efrit’s favor, come crashing down as the system is no longer easily accessible by the parties therein.

As for ‘enemies of the republic’ specifically it was only Efrit’s subcell and the Khumatariat government of Skarkon that reallt declared them enemies, and not the overarching RSS. Sanmatar Shakor in his infinite wisdom gave Efrit full powers to do anything and everything he wanted in Skarkon after final lim happened, so even if it were still possible to easily access for evidence gathering, Efrit could just as easily declare any RJD agents working to investigate as working against the good of the republic there as they’d be investigating his actions past and present. So a Hell of a catch 22 exists.

A perfect clusterfuck

1 Like

(removing)

It would have been better to make this argument in the off topic thread, as it had already moved there to stop further derailment.

True, I’ll move it.

As I said, the terminology is simply wrong from a legal perspective. Your earlier comments demonstrate this.

The legal nature of any document is determined by its operative provisions not its title. In this case, you register ownership of territory with Concord and lose the registration if you don’t pay those fees. That demonstrates a system of regulated ownership. Sovereign powers don’t have to pay registration fees to a regulator. They are the regulator, in this case, the sovereign signatories of the Yulai Convention behind Concord.

Infomorphs, whether capsuleer or clone soldier, seem to have a tendency to forget their place. Perhaps whichever Concord committee chose the term sovereignty for these agreements calculated that it would placate capsuleer vanity more effectively than ‘leasehold title’, either that or their legal advisors needed to be introduced to the nearest airlock.

Hm… you know, something strikes me as strange over your series of responses. While you’re usually wont to shake your head in disapproval behind closed doors you only tend to become vocally when there’s a motivating factor Callisto. I wonder what that is herein. And I doubt its actual concern about ‘legitimacy’ or ‘responsible clone soldier employers’ being of greater importance.

1 Like

Back on topic as it were, warclone blank recovery is proceeding apace.

1 Like

I cannot imagine ever having a reason to use the IGS on my own account and my principal is clearly identified in my original comments.

Hm. So it is. So you’re only representing a majority stakeholder interest in this, and therein, I unfortunately must raise the obvious, that any independent clone soldier company represents a present threat to CHTRR’s bottom line(and also the bottom line of any given empire based warclone company), so of course you’d take an opportunity to discredit any ‘unregulated’ entity you could see of such description as dangerous renegades and ‘irresponsible’. It makes sense now.

Hmm, let’s see…

CONCORD, the people who actually determine the legal perspective, are wrong, and you, a capsuleer with no actual authority to make these detminations, are correct, hey?

Gotta say, you’re not convincing.

Talk about some irony, huh?

1 Like

Yet you do not seem to be able to refute my argument with one of your own.

Put it another way, who does the Republic or the Empire pay its ground rent to?

A case could, in fact, be made that both of them pay CONCORD. Both are Yulai signatories, and both are responsible for a certain % of funding for CONCORD. That funding, in part, goes to preserving the international order and ensuring their territorial claims are recognized by the other Powers. As well, they’re paying CONCORD for the maintenance of the ihubs etc that constitute sovereignty infrastructure in the CEWMPA warzones.

Those payments are not directly tied to their territorial claims though.

Also, they are treaty obligations voluntarily entered into not imposed on them in the way Concord imposes payment obligations on null sec alliances. See how far you get refusing to sign an agreement with Concord or make the payments they demand.

Put it another way calling something a thing does not necessarily make it a thing, even if a law making entity does it. Sovereignty has a well understood and generally accepted meaning and null sec alliances’ rights even to entire regions of property does not match that meaning.

I am not trying to establish myself as any kind of legal authority. I am simply pointing out that BosAc’s rhetoric implies strongly that it has aspirations to actual sovereignty and that would go beyond even the undoubted power (whatever you want to call it) of even the mightiest null sec alliances and not be subject to the same Concord supervision.

Aren’t they? Absent international treaties, do you think the Republic would still exist? Right now, with the increased tensions over the Kahah and Floseswin atrocities, who is it the Empire and Republic are turning to for a resolution? Who actually controls the warzones and designates which empire each system belongs to?

It’s rather like contributing military forces to EDENCOM: voluntary contributions remain voluntary exactly as long as the contributors ‘volunteer’ to give at least as much as the recipient would otherwise demand. Be generous, lest the contributions become compulsory.

There are numerous differences and I respect your intelligence enough not to list them. Also, having an argument for its own sake (and I suspect that’s what’s happening here) is boring and a waste of time.

I’m here to make a point. I’ve made it but I’ll make it again: unregulated clone soldiers are bad; lost of unregulated clone soldiers with political ambitions is worse; don’t sell them spare clones.

2 Likes

They’re bad for your shareholders, you mean, who benefit from clone soldiers not having a proper means of self-determination. Humans, generally, are ambitious. That does not change with the addition of transhuman capability.

That said, after reviewing some of the independent clone production capabilities, this is more of a ‘principle’ acquisition call, more than a ‘we absolutely need this to stay afloat,’ call. Even without converting upwell infrastructure to produce warclone blanks, the Accords has quite a robust production capability for these items.

1 Like