Wardec infinite rehash

You have fallen into the all too common trap set by this community. The status quo choir will now pick apart anything you add and eat it up like rabid wolves. War decs should be different than what they are now but most here being risk adverse to any changes will fight you tooth and nail to preserve what they have become accustom too vs anything unproven. That and the fact that CCP like most other MMO companies often make things worse than better when they adopt new changes.

You would have been better not responding further than say past the 45th post.

The goal now will be to have your thread locked because…

Salty again Linus, how amusing, that was like being savaged by a very dead sheep…

Jonah’s lack of pvp does not in any way have any impact on my respect for his opinions, here. This is not pvp.

This is players of the game, talking about the game. In that respect, over the years, I find Jonah to be perfectly adequate.

Then why not admit that, instead of telling me about eve tactics, and eve fairness, and eve harshness, and let me train my little corp to be good?

Morons is an apt description for many of them. People who think that they should be able to play without interference from others, in a PvP game, fall into that category, as do those who fail to understand the nature or the rules of the game.

Yes it does, what the problems are is a matter of opinion, and I can flat out guarantee that the problems I see are nothing like the ones you see.

Most of what you see as problems are by design, they are the cornerstones with which Eve’s reputation of being Mos Eisley on steroids was built.

You’re right, I don’t like it, and people such as yourself are one of the problems that I see.

You have thousands of games to choose from, why come to one of the very few that allows the freedoms that Eve does, and try to ruin it for those of us that play it precisely because of those freedoms, and the opportunities and challenges that they present.

1 Like

Because like I already told you x number of posts ago, EVE is targeting intelligent players, not the average human. Well at least it was once, but that’s beside the point.

Here in EVE you either adapt or die. You don’t get nurtured in some safe area where nobody can harm you, because that goes against everything that EVE is about.
And clearly you’re a very bad CEO and have no place in any leadership position of any kind, making your “let me train my little corp to be good” completely irrelevant. Your corp members are better off without you.

I’ll answer you with the same directness. Meridian 59. Graphical MMO’s. Back in the day, text-based MU*'s ruled. We had code, and we had, ever more importantly, cannon. And a story. Stories were told, and code, was there.

Code, as in computer code, did not RULE. A wiz could override code, for theme. Not so, today. Human interaction is expensive. Not gonna happen. Not in EVE. Since Meridian 59, graphical has ruled, and humanity has suffered, in his expression of imagination.

You couldn’t resist having a poke could you?

I’ve never claimed to and you know that, so why bring it up?

I’ve never advised on PvP as such , only avoidance.

1 Like

no, it doesn’t. It goes against what you have been TOLD eve is about. What you want it to be about. The design of the game, however, with security ratings for space? Proves you wrong. They designed a thing, and it was tossed.

I have been playing EVE since beta, whereas you are some WoW craphead that thinks every game has to be like WoW.

The space security levels exist for game balance reasons, not to provide a perfectly safe area. If highsec was supposed to be perfectly safe, there would be neither ganking, nor wardecs, nor any other kind of the shenanigans we can pull.

EVE’s design has always been about being a unforgiving game world. You obviously don’t like that, so just ■■■■ off instead of demanding the game change for you.

Can you show us where the safe area is then?

I know this gets quoted a lot, but it still doesn’t seem to be widely appreciated. Linus is correct, that safe spaces are against what EVE is about.

In CCP’s own words, as part of the New Player FAQ:

The whole page is relevant. However some specific quotes that demonstrate how Linus is correct:

The essential core concept of EVE online is that it is full time pvp in a sandbox environment.

Can I avoid PVP completely?
No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PVP may be completely avoided.

There are no safe spaces. If you are undocked, you are subject to the possibility of pvp. If you are docked, then other forms of pvp (market, scams, corp awox, etc.) can still reach you.

2 Likes

Great. Little ignorant wow person that I am, I totally miss any game balance.

Tell me, what game balance does it provide? By the simple expedient of paying 50M in bribes, cannot a corp war on another corp, in highsec, right under condord’s nose?

Sorry to be so stupid. We wow healers are like that. Expecially resto druids that are actually on the bg ladder and one of the top 200 healers world wide. We’re stupid. So sorry.

I thought space security was meant to suggest the potential value of the system’s resources and the reduced CONCORD presence in accordance (At least in Highsec) That’s why you can find a greater variety of resources in a 0.5 system vs a 1.0 system.

Relevant only in so much as it explains why you haven’t adjusted to the different paradigm here.

2 Likes

Fine. I will say it, again. I understand the paradigm, here. I have adjusted. The wars are something I can live with by abandoning my enterprise. I have tried, several times, with several different toons, to provide like AMC provides. In other words, to mimic real life strengths.

But, I can’t. I cannot beat 510 to 9. It’s too much to ask. I have, stupidly, tried, just to see. As expected, I lose. But I cannot lose everything. At some point, I have to withdraw. The odds are simply too much.

Resources in the system (what kind of NPCs, anomalies and ore are available), relative safety (CONCORD and gate gun presence), no capitals in highsec, no moon mining in highsec, weapon and module restrictions, different rules of engagement (highsec is either wardeccing or CONCORD blows you up, lowsec has suspect mechanics and gate guns, nullsec is free-for-all).

The list goes on and on… The “safe space” you ask for, however, is nowhere to be found.

Militarily, that should be the first thing to do when faced with an enemy who outnumbers and outguns you

This is a bit where I think you definitely can. Not if you try to fight. But you don’t need to. There are other ways to ‘win’ and the good thing about EVE is that the criteria for winning can be defined by you.

2 Likes

The problem here is - CCP isn’t going to balance the game so that the 9 has the chance against the 510. It’s the same way in Nullsec, Lowsec, and Wormholes… You either find your own friends to escalate or you have to find a way to live with your circumstances or look for other ways to defeat your enemies. Unfortunately the most common choice is evasion through corporation rolling.

CCP devs are mostly the ‘elite pvp’ types… This has been a sub-killing mechanic they have refused to actually tackle for 8+ years. The fee is virtually nothing. But again, CCP just being CCP. Don’t hold your breath that anything will EVER happen except to make wardec-griefing even easier and more accessible and more incoherent.

You’d think the nullsec WARS would have a wardec mechanic, and not HIGH-SEC where it is abused simply for griefing. Nobody can argue otherwise, it is simply a CCP sanctioned griefing tool.

And here we have the next person that doesn’t understand the game nor its community.

1 Like