Wardec infinite rehash

wars cost isk mate, per week and scale with the number of members,
you have to be killed a lot or in something rather expensive for the declaring corp to break even on the cost
or
have an ulterior motive i.e. being one of your industry competitors, having an agreement/contract with a third party.

edtit: to clarify i do actually agree with you in that the system is bad at the moment and im in no way advocating for the Status Quo.

that said im wholeheartedly against your position, if its a problem for you , there are solutions that donty involve whinging about it here

3 Likes

Well, too bad actual history disagrees with you and unless you learn about, and understand, the cultural shifts over the years, you won’t really understand why there are so many npc corp players
 but hey, no need, right? Right.

1 Like

‘wars cost isk mate, per week and scale with the number of members,’

Bingo. And new corps just trying to start out, don’t have a lot of members. They usually have 1-3 really experienced players, that have, yes, a lot of resources. And a ton of new joins that are basically worthless.

Honestly, no, I’m not gonna lose much if I’m one of those ‘founding members,’ except the vision of whatever we were trying to build go down the drain. If you wipe out a few cruisers and demoralize our other 7 players, the corp folds. Vision dead, because we were not allowed to build, in high sec.

Can’t build, can’t develop, the dream dies. Due to a chickenhawk mechanic, so you can fund your Jita camp? This is not good for the game. It’s good for you, I admit.

@yellow parasol

If it disagrees, and I don’t understand, why not tell me? No, instead, you assume an attitude of superiority, assume I’m too stupid to learn anything, assume I don’t care, and toss of a snide ‘no need, right?’

That’s an exit strategy, not a debate.

I think you perhaps have a view of it that differs from mine by quite a wide margin.

A wardec, as you know, allows legal combat between two corps in high sec for a fee. That fee varies in size depending on the target. The value to any corp paying it is relative to what they will get out of it.

It can, but it doesnt include the entirety of high sec. Given what we are talking about, can we be clear if a large alliance decced your corp? We dont need names, but Im guessing that a larger group attacked your guys?

Still, in every system in High Sec without a red flashy in local, you still had CONCORD protection and all the NPC stations to dock in, yeah?

When you go to Null, if you arent wearing tags then you are usually unwelcome by everyone. If you wear tags you are an enemy to everyone but that group.

Lets be honest here, they arent going to learn those things spamming Lvl4 missions and afk mining.

No, I can honestly say I dont do any of those things. My prey is redacted so I operate mostly outside of High Sec where I dont get CONCORDED and I can fire Stealth Bommber Bombs whenever I like. Im in Amarr now to sell wares, see the family and stock up, if youd like to say hi.

I havent decced in ages tbh. A few years anyway. But yes I dont Wardec in Null.
Because the Wardec system only functions if the target is mostly in High Sec.

I thought you were talking about a new corp of new players?

If all it takes to demoralise any corp is the death of a few cruisers, I really hope you never accidently lose a Paladin through falling asleep at the controls, as happened to
er
a friend of mine.

1 Like

mate, wars were gutted a while back ,
the vast majority of the aggressive entity’s in high are little better than hub humping/pipe camping degenerates
and are trivial to avoid.

wars themselves are practically opt in , you can leave one in literally two clicks.

5 Likes

Yes it does, because in Eve the basis of the game is to have interaction with other players as its main focus, so there has to be some sort of conflict mechanism in hisec.

I do not think that this is true any more, in fact you are better served as a new player to go join one of the newbie groups and get rich from nullsec first. The you will réalise that hisec is actually a place where you can go to do some indy on an alt, have a mission alt if cloaky camped and of course where you can chill if you want.

That is the result, however it comes down to the choices that you make, I joined when I first started playing what I thought were corps with people who had more experience to learn from them, if you create a fledgling corp with fledgling pilots expect to be farmed hard by the easy kill brigade and why, simply because they can.

No it is for people to get kills, many are easy and pretty worthless but they are still kills.

I think you just need to sit back and see that the players have really screwed up war decs, blanket war decs being one part of it. And the solution is not to end war decs, but to really develop more meaningful rewarding group play in hisec so that being in a organised tight and effective hisec corp is worthwhile

Yes it is annoying but only if you are not hard enough mentally to deal with it, I found war decs a doddle to deal with, but I have something that makes me a very effective Eve player, a lot of play time and multiple accounts.

1 Like

to clarify though , i do actually agree with you in that the system is bad at the moment and im in no way advocating for the Status Quo.
iv been very vocal here in that change is needed.

that said im wholeheartedly against your position, its a problem for you , there are solutions that dont involve whinging about it here.

3 Likes

I see you points, Ralph, and to answer Ramona, yes, I was in this situation, with a massive alliance, comprising over 500 people, all corps accounted for, war deccing a tiny group.

Yes, I can survive this ■■■■. I know how, personally, to evade this. But I can’t keep giving out money for new players idiotic ship losses. Over and over and over again, the three of us that actually have resources, were being drained.

We couldn’t even run missions to help the noobs gain rep and isk, themselves. Because of wardec. Wardec took our idea, and made us all solo. This is not a new story. But it’s still not a good one.

I’m a bit butthurt over how many ships/mods/etc I had to buy, and ultimately just flat lost. Because the corp had to dissolve, and it was directly because we could not build up to a point where noobs were at least intermediate players.

1 Like

Yes:
Death, destruction and forum posts about how wars are useless

Yeah nah
The real game is where you make it, not where others say it is

And what’s preventing you from fighting back?
Or you know, not dying?

Don’t blame players who play for the kill, blame yourself for doing nothing else than complaining about an established game mechanic

Yes:
Death, destruction and forum posts about how wars are useless
Oh and a plethora of other uses that you’ll discover soon enough I guess :joy:

This is just another

grr wars hat wars

post that is only to complain without bringing any legitimate possible solutions
 so you’ll only get laughed at by everyone who knows how to deal with wars
 unwanted or not :wink:

Highlight the part you wish to quote and choose the quote option that appears.

1 Like

Im glad you said these. Are you friends with the folk who mine (my assumption) during war or are they pick up employees?

If they are not listening to you and your friends advice then you owe them nothing.

How you progress your idea during a war will depend on what your idea or goal is.

I hate miners. We didn’t have a single one, execpt a few that mined while we were not on. This was in no way a mining corp. It was, intended, to be a pvp corp, but that means they need time to build up some reserves, get some capital.

They were mostly new players, waiting on the SP grind, so we were running missions. Obviously, I’m not risking my paladins on a war. When I started losing T1 BS at a phenomenal rate, in HS, in a 9 man corp

Well, ■■■■ started to smell rotten.

This, and this again.

EVE is personal.

As the advertising proclaims, EVE is unscripted, and we each write own own stories in conjunction, cooperatively or competitively, with others.

1 Like

Pretty much what @Ramona_McCandless said.

Most corps that are starting out would quickly learn that having to defend what you worked hard for is a necessary part of life in Eve Online. Even in an NPC corp you are still not safe from attack due to suicide ganking. The whole point here is to harden everyone up.

The corporations that declare war on your corp are doing you a service by teaching you how to fight back and defend your keep. If you don’t fight back, they will just keep on coming. If you fight back and do well consistently all while having fun doing it, they will get off your case.

Most of the big corporations like Eve University, Goonswarm, Pandemic Legion, Brave Newbies, etc. have a near perpetual drive for war while still having the means to fund them. Often times their funds are in low-sec or null-sec where they have far better protection than what Concord can provide.

1 Like

Then your war protocol is what is letting you down.

If the enemy are less numerous but more skilled, switch to smaller faster ships.

Others may disagree but for me a BS is a death trap unless defending a base or attacking one.

Another option is to get to the cause of the war.

Was it really random or was it for isk?

The greatest war I didnt fire a shot in was just leaning on someone for protection money to cover my POS fuel.

I knew how much he could make, how much I could ask for every 15 days, and not take so much he couldnt operate.

I think it started when he was boasting in local how rich he was.

i’m so used to it, i just stopped caring. it’s not your fault.

Your whole post started “wrong”, because nullsec isn’t “endgame”. Nullsec is for people who enjoy crabbing and being drones. i’d agree with you if nullsec was more like highsec, in regards to having actually disconnected “citizens” like in the real world, but that’s not the reality of the situation.

Anyhow
 wardecs got made more expensive, because so many people did them, especially newer players. They were damn cheap, but it paid off for them, because back then culture was different. Over the years CCP shifted away from seeking customers who are
 let’s say more daring
 towards people who are easier to milk. that’s a short summary.

if CCP made wardecs cheaper again, we’d see more of them from more people. if they also shifted culture back to where it belongs (right now we see a shift towards equalization of PvP and PvE, which is a step into the right direction, aka people willing to defend themselves), then you’d see a huge increase of wardecs.

The main problem with CCP is that they didn’t really knew how to do proper politics and that they took “cheap” measures trying to fix things, with rather desastrous results, leading to a shift in the playerbase towards people not really “cut-out” for the environment the game offers.

it’s a super complex topic.

1 Like

They were both more numerous and more skilled. But running L4 missions without a bs in pretty sketchy.

It can be done, yes, but most of the noobs were in frigs and the top ones in cruisers.

I’m pretty sure me and the two others that were older players, were the prime targets. Even our T2 modules dropping makes it worth it for them, on a T1 pos bs.

To put it simply, it was not a good experience. We were trying to help out new players earn money while their queue was grinding, but we’re not allowed to do that. I actually lost less than most. I’m not so terribly worried about losing ships. Hell, that happens a lot. I’m pissed that this mechanic is allowed, at all.

In the ‘real’ game, you don’t need to declare ‘war’ to attack. How the hell am I supposed to tell people ‘join our corp’ for fun and profit, when we’re outnumbered 510 to 9, and can even be killed running mission in HS before people are even ready to leave hs?

Seriously?

Now, to me its sounding like your isk/hr bottom line is whats important to you here?

Im not saying its valueless btw, Im just asking if this is your corp’s main goal?

I am aware that to move to a more dangerous area requires more capital, so I understand why that would be, if so.