Wardec - mechanics to eliminate players

This wouldn’t be needed if we didn’t have a bunch of douchebags who think they need to wardec every corp full of people who are brand new constantly.

Further looking at these douchebags seems to indicate that they tend to also get their funds directly from botting and RMT.

Gee I wonder why CCP would prioritize them? Someone targeting their new customers, and on top of that they are cheating to boot. All those problems wrapped into one seem like a logical target for resources. Of course people will make excuses why they need to target newbies but then again this game is full of inferior pvpers.

10 Likes

Finding ways to not PVP is PVP. Cowering in a ditch or a hole or in a civilization to avoid a swift and brutal death is a time-honored survival strategy. Why shouldn’t gameplay in EVE reflect this fact?

1 Like

How is avoiding PVP PVP exactly? Is that how like avoiding to gamble is gambling, and avoiding the subway is taking the subway?

Finding ways to avoid PVP does not include changing the game mechanics to make it easier. The game already allows what you’re talking about in the sense of allowing you to avoid high sec war. That doesn’t mean you get a free pass and perfect safety in high sec from all aggressors, and an aggressor that wants to give you a bad day is going to find a way to give you a bad day.

2 Likes

Legit!

CCP must reconsider as soon as possible that many High-Sec players have only one or two free hours for games, maybe once per week. In this time they want to have fun by doing something easy and trivial in space. Honestly there aren’t many good games about space and space ships. War-Dec is a hemorrhoids which requires a lot of resources and time to deal with.

CCP must make the High-Sec space more safe, while Null-Sec space more dangerous. Sadly, currently the High-Sec is much more dangerous than alliance SoV space.

1 Like

WRONG!

OP subbed to a MMORPG game.

Read the CCP motto “EVE Online is first and foremost the greatest definition of the term MMORPG”"

2 Likes

Don’t join a HiSec Corp. Stay in an NPC Corp and enjoy your wardec free experience.

2 Likes

“One of the best sandbox MMOs in existence”

1 Like

You know, somebody want to try corporation stuff with his friends. They want to build something like, IDK, those kids in Minecraft.

1 Like

An MMORPG game focused on PVP at its very core, and in its very mechanic. Every rock you mine and put on the market, every isk and piece of loot you generate running missions, it all adds to the competition in the game. PVP = player vs player. Even those things that look like PVE on the surface, they’re either PVP, or there to drive and/or facilitate PVP. That is the focus of the game, that’s what you subscribed to, and make no mistake, MMORPG and PVP are not mutually exclusive.

What you quoted is not the CCP motto. It is a quote from an article about EVE Online. Which is why on the page you linked, it’s inside quote marks with an MMORPG e-zine logo beneath it.

2 Likes

It’s also a very vague debate. The MMORPG contains both PVE and PVP. EVE is a very complex sandbox, so lets take as an example WoW. A part of players joined to that MMORPG to pass dungeons and raids (PVE), while other part to play Battlegrounds, Arenas or Dueling (PVP). Moreover, some of PVP don’t like BG completely and they dueling all the time, while others doing only Arena. The PVP between ‘raiders’ and ‘gladiators’ is - ‘raiders’ can sell some looted epic items on the market, while ‘gladiators’ can gank them at instance gate. That’s all their PVP. They can’t influence on their gameplay otherwise. Their PVE/PVP gameplay is still working in any case.

In EVE, if someone doing a PVP vs your gameplay - your gameplay is impossible.

Maybe…

I mean, in case, when a player enter to the CCP official site to read about this game he sees one of the RNG motto like:

• “One of the best sandbox MMOs in existence”
  • “It’s an infinitely gratifying space-sandbox where you can do just about anything”
  • “EVE Online is first and foremost the greatest definition of the term MMORPG”

[updated]
And imagine the disappointment when a player just realizes that even after the phrase “It’s an infinitely gratifying space-sandbox where you can do just about anything” he can do nothing.

1 Like

Wardec is the only way to legally aggress in HS.

Removing it makes no sense.

1 Like

Not quite:

1. Dual
  2. Activate a killright to make someone suspect
  3. Someone is already suspect
  4. Someone is criminal (whore on CONCORD kill)

You can legally agrees other characters in any of those ways, in addition to wardecs.

But absolutely no reason to remove Wardecs (it would make structure aggression near impossible), though the mechanics need some changes.

2 Likes

This is not true, there is the suspect mechanics. But after reading all the discussions I see wardecs can’t be repaired, they have to go. To be replaced by a structure facilitated (not necessarily only Upwell) and an adapted suspect / limited engagement mechanic.

The main point to balance that out, aggressors can be engaged freely by all of EvE. Then we can put that topic to a rest once and for all.

3 Likes

You point to me one thing you think is PVE, and I’ll tell you what makes it PVP in this game as well.

1 Like

It’s true. The mechanic should be changed. It must contain a set of actions, conditions which will make it hard to exploit it for: trolling, easy target, ‘cancer’ purposes.

Ok, let me re-formulate.

Wardecs are the only way for corps to engage in legal warfare in HS.

Why?

Every time I’ve seen someone state “CCP must…” on this thread, they’ve yet to qualify exactly why they must.

If we are going to go down the path of structures being the key to being able to declare war or not then CCP needs to make it so the aggressor has to find the damn thing first and then declare war on grid with it.

1 Like

I can see a significant downside to this.

The whack-a-mole wardec groups will just declare against Corps for any structure. There’ll be no looking for specific Corp assets. The net effect will be to exclude smaller Corps from establishing assets near any of the trade hubs. They’ll have to put up with longer, slower and more costly hauling to get things to market.

Additionally, for “real” wars, it’s the type of thing that could shut them down almost completely. Can’t find the structure of the Corp that’s pissed you off. Can’t agress them. I think that would be a step away from the direction that many people see wars as being ok for.

1 Like

Well if you want something better than you have to fight for it, it is like taking and using the better true sec systems in nullsec, you will get camped and roamed into a lot more. So you have to fight to be able to use it.

That is totally deliberate on my part in suggesting this because I want to stop blanket war decs. People need to put effort into things, so you want to go after that person who pissed you off then you have to go get the intel on them and locate their assets and stuff and then you can go after them. In any case the best content in terms of wars is always around something that people value.

1 Like