Wardec - mechanics to eliminate players

Because it’s a hilarious concept compared to Null-Sec politics, Null-Sec PVP. It’s hilarious to wish Hi-Sec wars, having BlueDonut Null. It’s hilarious to support this game mechanic, while are so many Alpha and Omega ALTS. As someone pointed in another thread. ALT1 declared a War to a rookie corp. The rookie corp pay him and he finished the War. His ALT2 began another war vs the same rookie corp - an exploit of game mechanic. It’s hilarious when a PIRAT, with all their T3 ships, declaring War to a rookie corp. It’s hilarious to force poor rookie corps to pay to mercenaries or for a ‘closed war’. Moreover, to perform these useless payments you have to farm ISK through ratting or mining. How it can be done if your ships will be destroyed on undock attempt - senseless!

My first suggestion is - a Elysium set of Hi-Sec systems should be introduced. Lets say systems 1.0, 0.9 and maybe 0.8. In those systems War-Dec should not work as usually. Citadels in those systems should have a downgraded stats, which will make them good for rookie players and completely useless for big alliance corporations. Cause a big alliance can suicide gank a citadel similar and easier than ‘Burn Jita’.

Due to the topic: “Wardec - mechancs to eliminate players”!

I see your angle.

But this would break EVE as a PVP sandbox.

The Elysium system Citadel, nor players there could be aggressed by any legal means.

Also, would anyone really want a low-efficiency Citadel there?

Lets say all 1.0 systems become wardec proof.
This would also allow using them as wardec proof staging grounds.
IE: Corps in 1.0 systems could aggress outwards to lower sec systems, with no fear of being aggressed themselves in the 1.0 system.

2 Likes

Create a chat channel, invite only. You now have all the practical advantages of a corp with no interest in PvP.

That said, I too support the implementation of non-wardeccable “social” corps. It’s nice to have somewhere for players to belong.

2 Likes

Just because you’re not guaranteed to succeed doesn’t mean you’re always doomed to fail.

“It’s hilarious” isn’t a reason to eliminate it.

It’s a PvP MMORPG.

2 Likes

For you maybe, many of us manage to carry on with our gameplay despite other people attempting to get their PvP on with us.

It should also be noted that this is exactly what makes it a PVP game, the fact that anyone can do what they want to, and if someone else wants to do something that comes into direct conflict with what you want to do, there’s going to be PVP whether you want it or not.

Technically removing wardec from HS would not impede that.
You can still aggress, it just wont be legal and will incur a CONCORD response.

So what this boils down to, is wardec, as legal mechanic for Corps to aggress in HS.

You cant wardec if you arent in a player corp, and you cant be wardecced unless you are in a player corp.

That concord response is what impedes the use of wardecs to remove highsec corp assets in a big way. When it comes to people who don’t drop corp to get out of wardecs, you impede the PVP. When it comes to corps who WANT to fight each other in highsec, and have the wardec mechanic to do it with, you impede the PVP.

I cant figure out why corp history is just available to anyone from anyone in this game. Doesn’t make sense to me why I would want to share that information with everyone. Doesn’t make sense how someone else is forcing me to share that information. It further doesn’t make sense for the health of the game for it to be a good idea to freely point out new players so they can be offered up to older ones.

1 Like

The point I was making, is that even without wardec in HS, non-consensual PvP would still be possible, whereas you claimed PvP would not be possible anymore in HS without it.

The central function of wardecs in HS, is to facilitate LEGAL aggression between Corps in HS.

As such, it cannot be removed, unless we agree that all HS PvP should be illegal.

I don’t claim it wouldn’t be possible at all. One of my first posts here was explaining that part of the point is this game is that everyone is subject to non-consensual PVP with or without wardecs. I was just pointing out a range of issues with the assertion that the removal of wardecs would not impede high sec pvp. It would impede a lot of it, actually, and I provided examples.

I agree.

Wardecs cannot be removed from HS.

Though without it, PvP would still be possible, it would cripple the legal means for HS Corps to aggress each other.

Another one of these threads, just to add to the last dozen already made…

Not true, was mentioned by a CSM and discussed in another thread, linking structures to wars is not viable.

Already discussed aswell, these corporations do not fight and still would not fight. Sadly your intel about us is very incorrect, we leave station loads & neutral logistics would come in alliance for fleet fights.

Just to note on that point though, everyone believe we only camp trade hubs then why are war decs such a big issue? Just avoid the trade hubs :wink:

Please give me the names of these, we will war dec them ourselves. Across the merc alliances we dont aim for ‘new player’ corporations, this doesn’t mean it never happened.

Then again what do you define as a new player? Injectors changed the rules, I killed a 1.2b Gila the other day from a 7 day old player.

Things are same other side of the fence, alot of our members are fathers/mothers and only have afew hours to play. Takes alot of effort to search and hunt players after consistent nerfs to wars.
Another thing to note is its not CCP responsibility to consider peoples playing times, you may only play 2 hours, others may play 20.

Players make the easy targets, not the wars. Get rid of wars? Ganking will become our new meta.

If you establish assets then as said, you should have the responsibility to defend it.

So my question is; If all these industrial / mining corps are being targeted by other corps who wardec others for fun, why don’t they just pool their resources and hire help or recruit people who are willing to pvp? Seems if this kind of behavior was happening in a “real life” scenario these organizations wouldn’t stand for it and would agree to come together to remove the aggressor.
Maybe I’m just a newb but I don’t understand how this is such a problem with “no solution”.

Now for my part I’m avoiding joining any Corp because I’m still trying everything out in the game and constant pvp would be a distraction but honestly, at some point joining a Corp that gets wardeced in high sec a lot for the giggles of going after wardeccers sounds pretty fun lol. I’m sure there’s plenty other of high sec people who wouldn’t mind fighting back. Hire some? Aren’t there merc corps that will defend you for a price? Wouldn’t an industrial Corp have the Isk?

Forgive my newbish question I’m just trying to understand the problem.

Edit: for clarity I want to understand the problem so I can offer solutions. I’m not even saying either side is right or wrong. But my impression of eve as a sandbox is you should first and foremost find your own solution as a player and I’d like to help.

3 Likes

It means acknowledging that Eve is at its core a PvP game and that nowhere is safe, it also requires effort, social networking and actually thinking about how they play the game; thus it an anathema to some

Maybe I’m just a newb but I don’t understand how this is such a problem with “no solution”.

Nah, you’re newbieness is nothing to do with it, it’s only a problem because some players refuse to accept that PvP exists and get all butthurt when PvP happens to them.

But my impression of eve as a sandbox is you should first and foremost find your own solution as a player and I’d like to help.

You just demonstrated that your own understanding of Eve exceeds that of some who have been playing for years.

Welcome to Eve, with that single post you probably gained some respect from those that do understand the game

4 Likes

This is largely the same crap as has occurred in countless other persistent world MMO games.

There are always people that want to be a “boss” of their own org.

Nothing wrong with that, but in EVE you really have to step up, learn, play smart and work hard at it to make that real.

“Join my corp” spam just wont cut it.

As Ive said before, if you are running your corp correctly, wardecs are the least of your problems.

2 Likes

I appreciate your kind words. I really can see both sides of the argument and I can think of all sorts of things to do in response. Maybe I’ll make a list. Or maybe someone already has?

Don’t mistake Jonahs words as kindness :smiley:

Probably better you make a list of questions, and the distinguished panel here can help you answer/resolve them.

1 Like