Warp gate with keys and ship limits for making gankers life more tedious?

You realize you’re essential saying he should not do the sites at all. Unless I’m misunderstanding you. If he actually does it - which is the scenario - he is going to get scrammed and will remain so until all scrammers are eliminated. Because they will come to him by warp bounce around preset spots and warp to him. And because the sites are not behind a deadspace gate you can warp to specific spots in and around the Angel base. For instance, I could warp in and save a random spot before I land at 100km. Then immediately warp out to the saved spot and rewarp to 100km of the original 100km spot. At that distance I can warp to the wrecks you make. The gankers can “use their noggins” too. Being scramed is unavoidable if he actually plans to complete the site. Rather it’s at zero or 100km away. You’re acting as if you’re saying something profound here. MJD away is not rocket science. Have you actually done any of the event combat sites? Don’t combat probes pinpoint the exact position of the target. Again, there are no acceleration gates. Once they combat probe you, even 100km from zero, they can land right on top of you.

I want to reiterate that I’m not suggesting anything be changed, BUT I also feel it’s disingenuous to pretend like there is anything that can be done to prevent a gank if you actually plan to do the content. As I said previous, it’s the risk you take. Plain and simple. I see no need to piss in this guy’s ear and tell him it’s raining.

You’re entire post is wrong.

• You can’t warp within sites. You can warp out, but you cannot warp to objects in the mission space or event pocket.

• Yes you can combat probe someone but it will always land you at 0 of the beacon (warp in point). This is how they’re getting caught in mission pockets for example. So if you’re doing a site and you’ve moved 30km off the beacon and I’m -10 and in catalysts and I combat probe you, there’s nothing I can do to kill you before dying to faction police…

• Warp to the site at 0, spool up your MJD, and ta-da! You’re “safe”. There is nothing disingenuous about my posting here.

So all that said it sounds like you have a poor grasp of the content and the mechanics used. That’s fine, but just saying you’re wrong.

I suggest brushing up on the mechanics of Grids, specifically the Deadspace mechanic. They do not require acceleration gates (see: ESS acceleration gate grid, not the ESS itself, which IIRC is also Deadspace). I personally haven’t run the combat sites but it sounds like they are on a Deadspace grid, which is knowledge players should use to their advantage (but it is not taught in the NPE).

OK, it looks like this is slowly turning into a constructive approach.

Take a look at Dr. Who event Keys for example.
Ppl had to manufacture them, then they were on market for others to buy.
What I learned from that experience:
I could make isks by manufacturing keys and selling them on the market.
Keys prices went down a cliff after three-four days in, and after that, it wasn’t any more profitable to manufacture keys.
Keys prices initially were higher than the return loot, except for other BPC of Keys themselves,
that if failed to sell within one hour, the market price would go down with such speed that you would lose isks.
At the end of the event I spent more isks than what I could have made up with running the sites.

It was a new experience. Was it bad? No. It was fine. No Gankers. You could choose your empty
solar system and run your keys there, in almost complete safety.
Was it fun without a minimum of contesting? No either. I like contesting or being contested.
Player interaction is always good. Gankers exists and no-one denies they are part of the game.

Could there be an evolution to the current Event D-Scan system to an Hybrid concept?
Absolutely.
I don’t know the difference b/w Deadpspace grid mechanic and HS so I can’t infer.
But it’s definitely a sign of intelligence moving forward this direction.

Fay, do yourself a favour, try to be constructive.
There could be Third party agents at Warp gates that could sell illegal keys
to Gankers, and you would be the first to take advantage of that situation, don’t fool
yourself… greedy…

I literally did just that a moment ago. There is no deadspace pocket. There are no ‘rooms’. The Guardian Gala combat sites are in normal space like any random combat site anomaly. Are you trying to gaslight me? This topic is specifically in regard to the Guardian Gala event sites. I don’t know what other sites you’re talking about.

Incorrect, of course. This is covered by my previous statement above.
Have you actually tried this on someone in a Guardian’s Gala site? My guess is “No”.

To answer my previous question, which I don’t recall if you answered or not: Can I take it you have not actual entered any of the Guardian Gala event combat sites and therefore have no clue what you are talking about?

I understand you don’t enjoy being corrected, but to continuing lying at this point just makes you look ridiculous. And it is indeed actual lying at this point because we’re past the stage where it could just be ignorance. You’ve been corrected and you’ve had days to test it out for yourself. There is no excuse anymore. There is no shame in being incorrect about something you know nothing about. It’s just a game and no one is expected to know everything or be right all the time. But there is shame is doubling down and continuing to push a lie in the face of said correction. I do not understand what it is about the anonymity of the internet that makes people so stubbornly prideful as to be incapable of admitting when they are wrong. This isn’t a matter of opinion we’re talking about here. You are objectively wrong. Plain and simple.

The irony is THICC.
Are you trolling at this point? I hope so.

These sites ain’t deadspace. They are the same as any Gurista Hideaway and the like. I understand deadspace doesn’t require acceleration gates. I used acceleration gates as an example. But again, the Guardian Gala sites don’t function like deadspace. They are normal space. You can warp to specific objects within the area like wrecks, MTU’s, etc. I just did this a few minutes ago. This isn’t debatable.

I hope she is trolling. The sites are not in deadspace, but she keeps lying and pretending like they are L2 mission sites or something. If not to troll, to save face perhaps? But she’s doing the exact opposite. She is embarrassing herself more and more and demonstrating how clueless she is. I don’t understand why someone would even give their 2 cents when they’ve clearly never even bothered to test out anything they’re claiming. She has never even done a Guardian Gala site, but is acting like she’s giving some profound expert advice by saying don’t sit at zero. Geez. Correct me if your experience has been different, but in my experience they do instalock. I’ve warped in at 100km and had them warp over to me and have me targeted the moment they drop out of warp. And that’s before I can even warp away in a corvette, much less a battleship that lands right in the midst of them. I’m fairly certain you wouldn’t even have 9 to 12 second to even initiate a MJD. You’d be better off just warping in at 100km if that’s the case.

Getting ganked just the risk you take doing them outside of Hisec. If you actually commit to doing the content you will be scrammed and there is nothing you can do about it despite disingenuous people pissing in your ear telling you otherwise to make you feel bad. And if someone else shows up while you’re scrammed there is nothing you can do besides align out, destroy the tackle NPCs and get out ASAP… if you can. It would not hurt to warp at 100km to split up the NPCs initially and give yourself extra time versus a less experienced (or less intelligent) ganker. But because it is not deadspace, gankers can also make jump bookmarks and use the enemy wrecks around you to warp to you no matter where you’re at. The only thing CCP could do is make it deadspace. But as I said before, they want to make it easy for you to get got. That’s the point. So they aren’t going to change anything. You getting ganked is the feature, not the bug.

I stand corrected, thanks for doing the real work.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.