Warp To Me (The Gateway Drug of New Eden) and the "Invasions"

Until they fix the HS Incursion nerf im not buying another sub, best part of the game by a mile!

1 Like

I agree!

Hi I’m pretty new to this… around 3 months and just found out about the incursions from someone I met in-game and am very disappointed that when I wanted to play. it wasn’t available. I mean I do pay monthly… anyway that’s besides the point. I’ve ran 2 fleets in the new invasion and both times received 0 loot. which is of course how through venting my frustration at the lack of some sort of fair loot system, was told about the warp to me missions and that there is a system like that in place. Now to further that disappointment I’m discovering the Trig invasion is slowing down the incursion mission spawns… Erm…

1 Like

Would dearly love to see an increase in high-sec incursion sites. WTM has given me a new place to enjoy EVE since I’ve returned. They are a great bunch of folks who put a ton of effort in helping out new and us old returning players find our feet. I’d hate to think of this dying a slow painful death due to inactivity. It needs to be addressed.

3 Likes

Since I found incursions and Warp To Me, I have been flying with these guys (and gals) and it is as much or more fun than any activity I have participated in in EvE. This is a dedicated and diverse group of players. There is a lot of cross-pollination and information exchanged about different aspects of the game, from bitter vets to players new to all that EvE is, nullseccers and wormholers and carebears alike. With the reduction in HS incursion spawns, the fleet will not be able to run constantly, This will cause members to drift away into other activities, and without sufficient numbers to form a fleet, the incursion community will eventually fade away. It works because it is constant and dependable. Without that, EvE stands to lose a long standing, vibrant activity that has helped many players learn basic fleet tactics, earn good isk, launch into other activities, and make friends. I don’t see invasions offering the same qualities, at least at this time. I hope I’m wrong.

6 Likes

think i’ll go alpha, i play this game for the wtm community, i like the community we developed, theres no point to me subbing anymore really

3 Likes

It has been years since I have cared about running incursions, but I can definitely see the issue here. If Invasions could replace incursions as good group PVE content for organized fleets then it wouldn’t have been an issue, but the fact that invasions just seem to be a clusterfuck of whoever can warp in and whore / salvage stuff it will certainly discourage people who like doing organized fleets. I hope that the ARK sites and Major conduits are more interesting, but we will see.

4 Likes

Well said, Max… well said.

3 Likes

Well said Max, Lets hope CCP listens and helps with sites for invasions and provide better incursion spawns.

2 Likes

May I link this * I linked it anyway* to the forum i made yesterday? You articulated this more then I could bother

This was suppose to be a reply to Maximus, but it didn’t work correct*

1 Like

Thank you for a well written post. As I’ve said in other places too. I run Incursions, because of the community, and that’s what I do in Eve. Take away Incursions, or force them into Lowsec, or down to a single focus, and you’ve taken the fun out of the game for me. Invasions aren’t my thing, and this salvage theft would just make me angry and unhappy. Now, that isn’t having fun, is it? So I have cancelled my monthly subscription, and won’t spend another cent on this frustrating waste of time unless CCP repeal the Highsec Incursion drought.

It was bad enough when the Incursion communitiea were causing Incursions to go dark for extended periods, but for CCP to do it, to use a nice Afrikaans expression “Hulle vat ons nou vir 'n poes”

9 Likes

maximus [6:35 PM]
yeah its free material
link and comment as people wish
thank you

1 Like

Well written. CCP should understand it is stupid marketing move to force players to new contents by cutting existing content. For a game that has been running for such a long time, it is amazing they come up with such idea…

4 Likes

Price of plex will not be dropping at all. Incursion runners don’t generate 90% of the isk that’s Nul sec so the plex prices will continue to increase till no one but the alliance backed cap pilots can afford it.

As for my message to CCP we didn’t make your game you did but we expect you to keep us in some quality of life as high sec players that like to make isk there to fuel other things without being forced into the drama of nul sec. We are players too CCP.

Unlike Max i am not as hopeful you are even going to allow us 1 spawn and this will be making a lot of people reconsider playing this game.

5 Likes

Hey guys,

Setup and using my first post for this.

WTM is by far the largest new player friendly community I have found.

About 3 months into Eve even with a helpful corp I was still struggling and considered quitting EVE. Found WTM and started training towards a battleship fit so I could join in. That increase in isk and the amount of activities I could do with it made me get an omega account and start paying for eve.

WTM has made me want to play and pay for omega, it was the jumping point for me. Without safe incursions and invasions needing quite the ship investment I feel like you are going to lose more players in that “this game is cool” to “what am I going to do next” phase.

Now I am sure WTM will do what they can for invasions but with no real way to share loot it is never going to be fair.

Open up at least 2 high sec incursions and lets make invasions a little more group friendly.

8 Likes

“I run Incursions, because of the community, and that’s what I do in Eve. Take away Incursions, or force them into Lowsec, or down to a single focus, and you’ve taken the fun out of the game for me.” Same for me … and WTM is where I’ve learned a lot more to just running missions and mining that was taking forever to get any where sensible in generating ISK and net worth …

Well said Max …

2 Likes

Warp To Me is the only reason why I feel accepted, for me and I believe for many other pilots this is where we value something, at least we feel this and that is important! and we do not want Invasion to take that place where we all feel happy, so! CCP do not allow us to suffer. o7 :heart:

3 Likes

The problem is, when the new content is crap and they can’t do better, how you bring people to try it? They learned their lessons when people had a choice (e.g. resource wars).

Also, nobody cares about highsec, except if it’s about ways to bring more people to join the big nullsec blocs (who make the money for CCP without crying about bad content).

1 Like

Thank you @Scarloc_Lorne

That is why the Warp to Me commanders do what we do. We help slingshot players who are struggling with the game learn fleet mechanics, how to play with a group in a relatively safe space, with a steady payout. Our fleet has had a positive effect on many players like Scarloc, and in fact I subbed the game to Omega so I could keep flying Incursions, and I spend the ISK I make on ships, ammo and when it piles up high enough I start buying ships to give to new players. I don’t drive up the price of PLEX, since I buy PLEX to supplement my income from Incursions, since I can’t play most week nights for very long, and I don’t like feeling like I need to run 90 hours this month or I can’t play anymore. So I paid to play, and what I like to do is command an Incursion fleet. With no Highsec spawn, I cannot get a fleet going, or join in a fleet with a battleship or a logistics cruiser, or coach aspiring FCs. I can’t do any of my game, so I don’t even see why I need to log in.

@CCP_Falcon you really need to fix this, or your log-in figures are going to permanently drop as other Incursion pilots go dormant.

4 Likes

Thanks, SparksZA. It’s always good to have you in fleet o7
Here’s hoping that can still happen.