Warzone extraction info/thread

There is an unsolvable problem with sites like those, if rats are hard enough that they cannot be done in pvp fit nobody will bother to check more dangerous places in cluster because pvp fit > pve fit. Did few BR sites on sisi and they are great. Low level entry with pvp possibilites.

I think the time it takes to do the site is much more than the time to scoop loot, so that is not what will create conflict. In High Sec though, if the site’s loot is concentrated in one drop people will be more competitive for that drop.

That’s a good thing. Maybe you could add NPC nullsec to the list for high rewards, if this is technically possible. I do understand WH space don’t get it by that logic, however I was often ninja running sites in WH for best rewards, which I will miss.

As mentioned above, this time I was not running the sites in lower sec mainly because of their risk profile and the good enough rewards in highsec. Crimson Harvest should be different again, if you do not up the risk profile from last year.

I’m strongly against selling boosters for $$$ in the NES, keep them as an event exclusive and not make them just another RMT item, which only gets into competition to injectors. But injectors do not generate SP out of thin air.

1 Like

In what universe is null safer than low sec?
@CCP_Dragon
Smh.

Let’s just have sites spawn everywhere with an equal chance to get loot for everyone so everyone can participate. Like rogue swarm/guardians gala.
Lots of sites in wormhole, null, low, and high. Everyone gets same chance to get a drop.

Have you heard of this game called EVE Online?

2 Likes

Please no NES boosters, a “mini skill extractor” is more tolerable. Skill extraction is player driven. We know where the SP comes from; participants are complicit in the huge paradigm shift it brought to the game. CCP sets the base price and can offer discounts to help drive volume sales during events. CCP could even make “collectible variations” like is done for ship SKIN’s. Some people might pay extra for a Blood Raider brain suction device.

1 Like

@CCP_Dragon Please reconsider the naming of the accelerators. The first blood raider event did it right; at the end all the accelerators were converted by script to an “Expired” variant. I know this is costly for CCP, but the current system of burying the expiration date in small print results in many disappointed or upset customers, quite probably some new players as well - who see these items on the market long after events are over.

Also, Limited items should always have a YC date in the name.

1 Like

Would you rather take a Rorqual out to low sec or null?

Yes, but we shouldn’t have to run those sites.

I don’t think changing this mechanic would be a great idea, currently the system rewards people that explore and travel to the far flung corners of eve not just farm the systems around them.

If you keep the pooling mechanic but keep adding extra sites then you are inflating the supply of whatever those sites drop and thereby decrease their value (See data/relic sites after the Rat change, pricing dropped to 1/10th of the value and never recovered)

Null sec is largely empty, has big intel channels and bubble camps. Low is much harder to secure . That being said its much easier to travel in LS (MWD+Cloak trick and you are pretty much good)

Agreed, this jackpot-like mechanic is very nice incentive to actually explore, and why should the lazy be rewarded? Just keep the randomness, but with a high enough soft cap, like 5 or even 10 sites per single system when you reroll the dice once more and you are good.

1 Like

■■■■ NO!

Who do we need to talk to in order for this to get stopped? Please keep the accelerators as in game drops only.

2 Likes

Any accelerators for the event, no accelerators for the NES.
Accelerator - concentrated Skillpoints, SP for money, unlimited SP which were not trained by the players.

1 Like

To add a an economic argument. For players SP from acc are only slightly worse than skill injectors, hence they are in direct competition. Acc for cash do not add value but only confusion, and IMO in total not more revenue for CCP as money put in Acc will not be put in Extractors/Injectors. What it will do is, destroying the uniqueness as a reward.

1 Like

The big difference, and a possible reason to have them in the NES as far as CCP is concerned, is that accelerators work regardless of current SP total. This means older players with lots of SP can be tempted into purchasing some, whereas injectors give them so little that it is a waste of isk for them.

It was interesting, actually, in the last event, to run the calculation and see how “overpriced” (in SP/Isk) accelerators were if you were a low SP account. It was much better to sell them and buy a small injector. However, this high price was upheld by older players with better income streams than hunting their own accelerators, for whom the accelerators represented a better return than injectors.

Now that CCP has seen it happen, they likely want to sell accelerators in the NES to those old players who have lots of isk/PLEX but weren’t buying injectors.

I was rather surprised how quickly the accelerator price eroded in the Rogue Drone event. I managed to buy enough during the second week that I didn’t need to put up with that event any longer.

I’m hoping something similar happens with the latest batch. Should see them fall within a reasonable price in the next few days. OTOH it’s quite likely that the supply is smaller since they’ve had a much better shelf life so it’s possible there will be some price support.

You have a point here, but it depends on the pricing of the Accelerators in NES store.

Hi. Very opposed to this.

7 Likes

What is the opinion of the rest of the CSM for this and what are you doing to stop this.

I’m ok with free2play games that do such things. But EVE still is a subscription game. This is not ok at all!!!

1 Like

I wonder when NES will start selling fitted tech 3 cruisers. :rofl:

Oh yes, give this site creation tool to me! \o/

1 Like