Weekly or Dailly Omega purchase options

Looks like you were right

The biggest concern I have with short frames like this is the impact on industry and the market.

The current rules for industry jobs are based on a 1-month sub: maximum job length for BP interactions is 30 days (or the time for a single run, if that is longer, like with capital ships). With a 1 day sub option, industrialists only need to sub for a few days a month, filling their Omega-restricted job slots for a pittance.

Similarly, additional contract and order slots are Omega-restricted past a certain point, so if you are a trade who only refreshes orders once a week, you only need to sub one day a week. Yes, you will pay higher taxes because your tax benefit skills will lock, but broker/relist fees are front-loaded and will be reduced by skills at time of listing.

So, I very much am not in support of a single-day sub option - too many opportunities for abuse that affect the wider game economy and lay environment.

As for week-plus sub periods, CCP added Alpha accounts specifically to give more flexibility in play without adding shorter sub intervals. Iā€™m not sure when they added the 7 day Steam option - Iā€™ve sene it before at least a year ago, but I donā€™t know when it came out, or how it has impacted the purchase and play patterns of steam users. I would definitely like to see how much the shorter Steam sub offering gets used (and how it gets used) before opening it up to the wider player base.

1 Like

Easy fix: just pause all jobs that fall outside of the Alpha limit, sorted by time of creation. Jobs can be unpaused automatically as slots become available.

Omega really only pays for reduced fees, since the slot limitation can be circumvented by using more accounts. This problem takes care of itself in terms of taxes and fees paid.

Contract thing, I donā€™t know. Sounds like a useless limitation anyway. Just make more accounts and you have more slots. Might as well get rid of it entirely.

Well, in the case of Research iirc only certain Blueprints that are skill limited cannot be done on an Alpha, otherwise those limits and all limits on contracts etc are bypassable since the creation of Alphas because you just make a legion of them.

I do as much trading when Im full Alpha as when Im full Omega, I just use my slaves er I mean family for it

Billy doesnā€™t screw up any numbers? Iā€™m impressed.

Buy a weekend Omega once a month for the 150k SP and fill my 20 Omega industry slots with stuff that will continue to complete after that weekend?

Iā€™m in.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Pick up an extra shift at mcdonalds for christ sakeā€¦

1 Like

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Sounds good, time to make a bunch of free PI alts now. Extract for a few months, omega for the day, export everything.

A rational system would impact your gathering efficiency while in the Alpha clone state, similar to how your market taxes would increase. Seems like an oversight that CCP needs to patch out of the game.

He doesnt screw up ā€œPut MTU Tractor BPO in machine, push button or lose eyeā€

Which is about all I trust him with

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.