Weird mail - Veles Clade?

Uh, pilots? I’m posting this here because it feels like I should.

I just got this odd sending from … well, it claims to be Veles Clade. Like, literally. I can’t trace the pilot data from the link like I usually can. It appears to show a ship design or something.

Has anyone else gotten this?

(I’m kind of hoping it’s not just me. If it is, that would be creepy.)

Edit, while being slightly less afflicted with cold shivers:

So, here’s the text, verbatim:

RElSRUNUSVZFIFRXRUxWRQ
Sent: 2019.11.15 15:04
To: Aria Jenneth,

https://web.ccpgamescdn.com/fiction/eveonline/Triglavian/efaret12.mp4

2 Likes

This is decisively the ship we see being produced en masse in the shipyards in tier 5 abyssal sites, the same one that was shown in another Semiosis intercept some time ago.

The best guess we have is that the vessel may take a Dreadnought-similar role in the Collective’s lineup, judging by its size and its mounts for Disintegrators

SUBPOSORG CASTING PATTERN: REVISION II-A
STRATEGIC DISCOURSE-ELEMENT: EXPANSION
TACTICAL DISCOURSE-ELEMENT: VOID STRUCTURES

SUBCAT DISCOURSE-ELEMENT: XORDAZH CHISLOV ZVEMOKORG
NOW-TIME DISCOURSE-ELEMENT: SAMPLING
ADVANCING-TIME DISCOURSE-ELEMENT: ESCALATION
LIMINALITY PROTOCOL: PRAYER/RESPONSE

1 Like

How considerate of them.

“Since we have noticed that you foolishly restrict your own capital ship access into your high-security systems, this is the next thing we will be invading you with. Look forward to it!”

2 Likes

I mean… maybe they think it’s a game. And they’re so excited to show us this cool new toy they got for it.

To be fair, only capsuleer access is restricted. The Empires can fly theirs around all they want.

2 Likes

Sure, but would you like to guess who hasn’t been very involved in the invasions, Mr. Toov?

Admittedly for what seems to be good reason. Just …

The empires have been quite involved with them. The news has mentioned this several times, and losses from the war were a factor in Empress Catiz’s new decree.

1 Like

They must be mostly involved in defending planets and orbital facilities, Samira. We haven’t seen a lot of them otherwise.

Either way, engaging Triglavian dreadnoughts with the empires’ might not be the best move.

1 Like

Whether or not you physically see them is irrelevant to knowing what they are doing. I’m sure the military personnel engaged in the fighting are also saying that it’s the capsuleers who are doing nothing because they aren’t seeing any of you.

We see the sites that are broadcast to us with request for us to take care of them. We don’t see the sites that are already being taken care of.

Why not?

1 Like

Well … depending on what the Triglavians use them for, massed capsuleer forces might fare much better against them than a conventional dreadnought would. The navies do have capsuleer forces as well, but …

… basically, if they can it might be best to leave these ships to capsuleer subcapital fleets, which tend to be built around conducting engagements with few or no losses.

Though it’s not like we ever see any of them. I’ve run into a couple Serpentis dreadnoughts and a Titan out in Syndicate, but I’ve never seen a Gallente or Caldari capital ship in any of the war zones I’ve travelled through.

Well, they aren’t the kind of things that one sticks on regular patrols.

2 Likes

I’ve sat on the outskirts of several battlefields to watch what was going on, and not once have I seen a group of capital ships slugging it out with one another. I have the feeling that’s gonna change pretty soon.

I’ve shot at Federation capital ships and seen ours explode in high security space.

Granted it was kind of a special situation, but still.

3 Likes

Not to mention the Titan that sat over Caldari prime for awhile before Federation Dreds shot it down.

2 Likes

Has anyone killed Cribba’s Veldnought yet?

Will the Triglavians begin siegeing stations with these dreads?

No. The Veldnought remains one of only two independent capsuleer capital ships known to be in highsec. Both in Amarr.

3 Likes

Standard non-Upwell stations should still retain their entosis shielding. I’m not sure what the entropic disintegrator can do against that.

You’d think that by now, the Triglavians would have collected enough information from their meme worm that attacked the CONCORD news billboard networks, that they’d be able to communicate more fluently with New Eden, rather than always being so damn cryptic all the time.

Or at least repost well known memes with different captions. Or something.

1 Like