We're in a Golden Age with the Mac client. Thanks, CCP!

i’ve been playing this game since 2006, and have pretty much never run it in Windows. I originally started playing because there was a Linux client – or maybe it just ran in Wine? It was 16 years ago, I can’t be certain.

After a year or so on Linux I started running 2-3 clients on a Mac, and there have been tons of ups and downs over the years. There was a long period of completely random disconnects, there have been performance nightmares, there were definitely some dark times when it seemed like maybe Mac support would get dropped.

But right now I’m running two clients in high graphics settings in separate spaces on an M1 Macbook Air, and they’re completely stable and look beautiful.

We’ve come a loooooooong way, and I just wanted to say thanks!

6 Likes

How much RAM do you have on your MacBook Air?

Looking to buy a new Mac for the house. Currently I run a couple of clients in separate spaces on late 2010 iMac 24GB RAM 2GB video.

Retired engineering professor - so now EVE is likely the greatest resource demand the machine will see.

Grateful for any 1st person experiences you folks could pass along.

TIA
Doc

it’s easy 3 box on air 8/256 m1 with low graph or 2 with high, but last few days see problem with overheat GPU cores. even in 1 window.
But today i play without overheating GPUs. so maybe problem resolved by CCP or MAC update (idk bcs mac get update at last night).
Will see what happend next few days .

add if intresting it’s lifetime 10h~ on battery in 2 box+ wifi from phone :smile:

1 Like

How much RAM do you have on your MacBook Air?

I have 16GB, and can run 3 clients in Performance Mode. I prefer the lower-res mode, I’m just used to it.

I also run Ableton Live all the time and all my other apps as well.

1 Like

Thank you for the info in your reply. Good surprise with 10 hr battery life. More than I expected.

Fly safe.

Thanks for your reply. Good to know about Ableton Live also. I am surprised by the M1 performance. I expected to need 24GB or more.

Fly safe.

Do you have a tutorial on how to do this? I am new to the Mac. I just bought it on Saturday because the Eve Client is available. But I can’t figure out how to easily set it up.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.