What are we doing here?

3 Likes

Null sec is not the most dangerous place to be. Most people are surrounded by blues and occasionally have neuts or reds fly in, or the random yeets. Hi Security is by far the more dangerous place. You are surrounded by many who you have NO IDEA what they plan on doing and your friends are often times just another PVEā€™er and canā€™t actually help. Speaking of help, logistics tend to be extremely restrictive. Outside of Newbro systems, HI sec is just as dangerous as any other space, if not more so. People need to learn that space is dangerous and start living as such.

4 Likes

Highsec ganking is out of control.

I am dedicated to ensuring Safety for all Highsec players. I request now a one time generous donation of 999999999.99 million isk to assist me as I bring attention to this terrible example of gameplay in a video game. Together, we can make a stand against games.

4 Likes

Dog bless.

This is my new favorite post, Iā€™m very excited. Please @Next_Enemy come back and explain more about the RMT cloak botting hot drops in hi sec that you somehow associate with Frat Tengus?

2 Likes

Of course this is the problem, its not up to ccp to fix this its up to high sec, its always been this way and what the war mechanics should be for, this new group escape jita are war deckers probably taking advantage of the 75 % loot drops.

If people want high sec to be safe make it safe, ironically the very people that make it unsafe are the people who then moan its not safe, like yourself.

Aiko from safety often has a go at me for trying to save ships that probably belong to null groups, sometimes she may be right i hate to say.

Maybe high sec needs to blockade null sec transport routes and keep them all out and then take down the TTT of course :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

4 Likes

I mean think about it like thisā€¦ HS is the video game equivalent of ā€œTHE BIG CITYā€ Population density = more risk of getting killed.

So as you go further out to LS/NS/WH space you are literally in the frontiers of space! So yah you are likely more safer in a backwater systemin LS/NS/WH.

I would also like to add there are many HS systems that see little to no ganker activity.

3 Likes

ā€œI would also like to add there are many HS systems that see little to no ganker activity.ā€

Well, some of us are trying to change thatā€¦

1 Like

But they do think that, so many times they come to high and say things like i have friends, you have picked on the wrong person this time. What happens nothing, if you know how the game works they canā€™t touch you.

Look how your war with pandemic horde went, shows how vulnerable null blocks can be in high sec.

Of course if more people did this it would drive them to use more neutral freighters to get around the problem.

Maybe every npc freighter need killing, only way to stop them

3 Likes

HS is just as dangerous and slightly less lucrative than the frontier in New Eden (all design). Gankers patrol the common trade routes, wardeckers will topple your sandcastles, and ironically FOBs have taken out many peopleā€¦ :sweat_smile: :laughing:

During one of the increased loot drop events my crane was nearly killed at Jita. Had a proper tank on it and it survived the volleys of two tornados. One more tornado and I would have died!

In the end, everyone should recognize that every area of space has its pros/cons. No area of New Eden is superior to the other and every area depends on each other. (No Jita is not going away :wink:)

1 Like

Youā€™re so lucky to be able to get that close.

No u are!

Seriously ? You shove two 160m ISK Ishtars into a totally un-tanked Tayra that could be ganked by a single Catalyst, and somehow the game is going to pot rather than your own fitting and hauling skills being dire ?

Likewise with your Mammoth. You do realise that expanded cargo holds actually weaken the structure of a ship for which you once again have zero tank ? Small wonder a single Hecate was able to gank you. Most of your cargo was smaller itemsā€¦ammo, scripts, shield extendersā€¦all of which would have fitted nicely in my 100K EHP, fast align, cloakable, 450 DPS, Gnosis in which Iā€™ve transported billions worth of such stuff without ever being ganked. Whatā€™s more, with the 2.5 second align time and speed, multiple trips are not a problem.

Your entire setup is focused on carrying as much as possible, via cargo expanders, at the expense of tank. You donā€™t even fit a proper cloaking device ( the extended cloaker allows 25% of speed rather than 10% with the prototype version ). In my view you have only yourself to blame for being gankedā€¦and the issue of ā€˜player retentionā€™ is just a complete red herring.

3 Likes

The Navy Catalyst can reach 1200 DPS. My standard T2 Catalyst can reach 800 DPS ( thatā€™s using several small percentage augmentations as well ). I doubt a T2 Cat can reach 1000 DPS.

1 Like

Keywords here ā€œtryingā€ - you still havenā€™t done anything have you.

2 Likes

Hello MaplesFox

Jody Longbuck RIP told me about how her handler use to demand this and that, so it is clearly obvious that Githany Red is under great pressure and requires support.

1 Like

Yes saved a bowhead the other day, was trying out my new trig logiā€¦

Saying that my eve time is really bad and has been for 2 months because of real. Hope your ok

2 Likes

You mean pressing F1 when someone told you did not prepare you for the real EVE elite PvP endgame in highsec?

Sad

3 Likes

Goes to show no one actually reads. This happens in nullsec, it has happened to me and plenty of other people.
CCP know about Akina mountain family , but decide to do nothing, at the end of the day its alot of sub money coming in.

I think the problem is that people can read. In your first post:

You then link 3 HS losses. So the reason Wes (and several other people) have asked you about being hot dropped in HS is because its WHAT YOU WROTE.

Iā€™m not sure what you are saying happens in nullsec since you donā€™t seem to refer to anything specific, but whatever it is, it isnā€™t related to war-dec mechanics which were the initial complaint, since they are bascially irrelevent outside of HS.

2 Likes