What Are You Eating And Drinking Right Now?

Not eating or drinking it but I sure wish I were!

:yum:

Simply ymmy!

1 Like

There are many kinds of rice dishes called paella and most of them are called so after the way they’re cooked. A paella is a rice dish cooked on a special kind of flat pan called a paella, without stirring the rice once the last broth is added, letting it sit still until the broth boils down so the rice keeps all the starch and flavors attach to the individual grains.

This is the really tricky part, since the rice will only remain edible for a short while before becoming glue-ish, but also the broth must last enough to let the rice cook properly since a second serving of broth would wash away the starch. How many broth add, when, for how long, and how fast the paella should be eaten once the rice is cooked are an art.

This is what in Catalonia is called “paella del senyoret” (translatable as “young master’s paella”) which is a fish & seafood paella were shrimps are served clean (with their tails attached to prove it comes from whole shrimps, not frozen tails). That’s a four-servings paella, and this is one individual serving:

Notice how the rice is still shiny, moist but not glueish as starch hasn’t settled fully. In about 30 minutes, that dish would compete with concrete at worst, and pass for glue at best. The brown pieces of flesh are squid and not visible are mussels and paler pieces of flesh from cuttlefish (buried under the rice to keep them warm). And yes, both squid and cuttlefish have their own cooking times which must match the time when they’re added to the broth and raw rice… as a matter of fact, when used for paellas in restaurants squid and cuttlefish are cooked to their “long” point (slow heat for a long time) raher than the “fast” point (extreme heat for a very short time) so they can be kept warm and added to several paella orders.

PS: the pictures are from my mom’s birthday, we celebrated at our usual restaurant.

3 Likes

Going to bake some fish today.

1 Like

Have you every tried adding three cans of potatoe soup, mushrooms and other vegetables?

Wait until about ten minutes before the turkey is done then add the potatoe soup and vegetables.

Add in some rice as well, maybe a cup overall.

1 Like

I have broccoli mushrooms ginger garlic chilli tomatoes potatoes avocado asparagus green peas chickpeas blueberries green apples bell peppers and sometimes onions along with the occasional banana though I don’t mix them all together.

1 Like

Most store apples are too sweet for me now. A red delicious tastes like a Fuji! That’s why I order directly from an orchard I used to go to as a kid.

Too expensive to order all the time, but I’d rather go without than eat the unhealthy GMO garbage.

2 Likes

Chicken and rice…

2 Likes

Which bird absorbs the flavor of the potatoe soup better, chicken or turkey?

Had 3 jr cheeseburgers from wendys

2 Likes

I am not currently eating Shopska salad, but I’m craving for it.

Instead, I’m eating Russian(Olivier) salad.

5 Likes

I’m eating that rn without the cheese and olive, with pieces of boiled eggs :yum:

2 Likes

I’ve been known for eating Russian (Olivier?) salad without dressing, specially without mayo. Well, the potatoes and veggies with salt and virgin olive oil but that’s just eating like a civilized person. I mean, someone who looks like me is also known for eating sliced bread as a oil and salt sandwich… oil in one side, brush together, sprinkle salt, build a sandwich without anything else than bread oil and salt and enjoy the mix of sweetish taste from bread (not actually sweet, just kind of, but then I… that person who looks like me… notices how carrots are sweet, and milk is swet too)… so the oil and salt sandwich is a little sweet and also bitter because of oil and salty and it’s just a treat that person who looks like me is known to have each now and then, even if a sandwich of nothing looks a little crazy but then bread, olive oil and salt are how civilized people eat and who needs more?

PS: common bread, oil and sugar are also a simple and delicious treat, but diabetes doesn’t likes it. The funny thing is that bread dressed this way has LESS sugar than spread with Nutella, at least if one uses the amount of sugar that naturally sticks to oiled bread…

3 Likes

I have a turkey recipe.

1. Using a small, medium or large turkey, cook the turkey in the usual manner.

2. About ten minutes from finishing, reduce the heat to turkey by 50 degrees.

3. Add an amount of potato soup with a hint of broccoli soup or chicken noodle soup, along with a dash of fresh ginger, onions, a dash of salt and pepper, broccoli and carrots to the dish the turkey is cooking in.

4. The turkey should be glazed with golden honey and cooked until a light brown.

5. Add homemade dumplings, already cooked, at two minutes before the turkey is done. Dumplings should have a filling that compliments the potato soup and turkey. If you don’t want to add dumplings, you can add biscuits, sweat or unsweetened, potato cakes and bacon strips.

Once the entree has finished you have the following for your plate:

1. Turkey slices, some with a hint of potato soup, the bottom part of the turkey and the top part with a slight to no hint of turkey.

2. Dumplings can be added to a bowl and then the potato soup poured in the bowl with amount of low-fat butter or your favorite meltable stacked on top.

3. The potato soup can be eaten like a normal soup. Crushed up crackers.

4. The potato soup can also be used to smoother freshly browned waffles, morning fried potatoes, sausage, tall mountains of flap jacks and so much more, like mashed potatoes, potato cakes, sweat potato’s, and cornbread and even over deep-fried fish. Ham. Over a bowl of grits and shrimp. The soup can even be used with dipping tacos.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Take-home sushi from Whole Foods.

1 Like

After a hard day of collecting data for Rudy I needed brain food :brain:

2 Likes

I could totally go for popcorn right now but I’m too intoxicated to go over to the shops

/12:36pm on a Sunday

2 Likes

Garlic Roasted Cod with Mashed-Potato Crust
There is never enough for everyone :yum:

3 Likes

Liquid dinner tonight

You really should have your own home brew brand at this point. :wink: :blush:

Didn’t really meant brand in such a detail, just making your own beer and putting it in a large keg or such and drink from that.

This is why we can’t have nice things. :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiling_imp: