What are you reading?

not for the faint of heart

1 Like

I’m currently reading LOTR: TTT. Instead of reading Dresden Files series non-stop, I did this in order to be not burnt out so soon.

Finished reading for the 6th time Stanislaw Lem’s “Fiasco”. The novel deals with an attempt to communicate with an alien race after traveling to their home system, which as the title suggests, won’t go well. Lem throws some interesting concepts about the development of intelligent species, and the means of interstellar travel are well developed even if they’re SF and probably will never be real…

Slowly getting through 1984.

1 Like

My normal redings before hitting the stock market. My homework to make my BLING you might say.

Ready Player Two. I was considering reading 1984 once and for all after I complete this. Or maybe Brave New World.

I’m still reading LOTR: TTT. The book is 447 pages and I don’t read much these days. I’m 55% through.

I am living Papillion in my isolation. READ IT or watch the movie.

I’m trying to find the Apollo Decision-Table Matrix Figure that I posted that is possibly removed from the forums as other interference seems to have also intended to remove it from my hardware system,
and the current version of the 2nd edition of the book that I have,

Systems analysis & design methods Jeffrey L. Whitten, Lonnie D. Bentley, Victor…

doesn’t seem to have that diagram image in the book,
but rather some other articles instead.

Also, the book had a short description of a chapter or so,
accompanying the figure , describing the different choices related to it.

I’m sure that it was published in that edition,
because I managed to retrieve it from it before,
and it I then published it on the EVE forums .

It would also help to make it easier to find by putting tags in it.
#Apollo #Matrix #Constraint #Decision-Making Table

The next time I retrieve it from the edition again,
from another version, I will save it on Read-Only mode,
and pay $55 to register copyright for it,
with my own description, as well as my own take on the art.

I abandoned reading LOTR:TTT at 60%, because the part with Sam, Frodo and Gollum were boring me to tears.
The book wasn’t bad, but that part was unbearable.
One of the things it helped was curing me of my being burnt out of reading TDF series.
I am currently reading Jim Bucher’s third book of The Dresden Files series; Grave Peril.
People who recommended it to me were right by saying it gets better and better with each book.
I’m moving through it with ease so much that…I’m currently 44% through it.

https://www.amazon.com/Grave-Peril-Dresden-Files-Three-ebook/dp/B003EH18P2/

I’m 56% through it. It gets better and better.

67% through Grave Peril.

Horus Heresy from Black Library. Some are good some are medicore. Dembsky- Bowden is best of them (authors).
Edit: Maybe time has come to refresh Dune and Foundation?

91% through and it is hella exciting.

IIRC I said I stopped reading them at some point in the past. Now I’m focused solely on The Dresden Files series. I haven’t dropped Titan yet. I’m still 22% through it, but it is at the boring parts and hard to read. They say if you don’t like a book, don’t bother reading it. We’ll see.

Foundation aged well. Dune is a masterpiece. Ageless. Lord of the rings after the movies is non readable. I agree if you don’t “feel” the book, don’t bother reading.

2 Likes

Gonna finish up The Iliad this week and start on Jordan Peterson’s Beyond Order.

2 Likes

It is hard to believe that anybody can sit through those movies.

1 Like

Doing trilogy from Hobbit was nuts (130 pages movel?), but there are boring parts, as I called it “nature descriptions”, from LoTR that makes them uninterested. Descriptions of marshes etc. Movies have certain tempo. I watched all 3 in 4 hours versions ( in one sitting) long time ago and never go back to them again tho.

I finished reading Grave Peril.

Onto the next book in the Dresden Files series:

They apparently managed to pull it off through J.R.R.'s notes and letters of Middle-Earth lore and with help from his son, Cristopher.

Titan(non-fiction), Summer Knight(fiction) and… what else to read next?
re-read:

Or

CWG or MM?
  • Conversations With God
  • Medical Medium: Liver Rescue
0 voters

The poll I set up went unnoticed. Oh well, I’ll choose MM then.

This is the device I’m still using since 2011 to read books in case you guys were wondering. The screen got replaced back in 2015 due to getting cracked from carrying the device under my arm while walking. The battery is so worn out that even the software can’t correctly detect the level of charge. In its prime it took 2 hours to charge, but now it only takes 15 minutes. The battery runs low only after 100 pages of reading intead of originally lasting for 4 weeks of occasional use. The interesting part is once the battery software warns the kindle will shut down because of low battery, it lasts 300 pages of reading in that state until it shuts itself down. I opened the back to see whether the battery is bulged or not and I sighed in relief when I saw it wasn’t.

I’m 26% through Summer Knight, the 4th book in Dresden Files series. This is the book that takes the series off the ground exponentially. The first 3 were gradually getting good but this one is the real deal.