What are you reading?

Having now read it, I have to agree. Good story.

1 Like

I’ve just started Leviathan Wakes from The Expanse series. So far it’s been one of the better scifi books I’ve read.
I also have an on and off relationship with The Lost Fleet series. Although I enjoy the technical aspect of the writing, something about the character developement seems a bit lacking in my opinion. Still worth a read for anyone who is needing a decent read.

2 Likes

I read the horus heresy…i enjoyed it…but hunting down all the books was a pain.

I was gonna read the Wheel of time series and sword of truth again…I like reading stuff over and over. Pls theyre both good series…i recommend.

They should make an epic hollywood production of wheel of time…here’s hoping.

SENECA: Letter from an Stoic

Level Up, by Scott Rogers.

1 Like

Re-reading:

• Solaris - Stanislaw Lem

And just before that:

• Richard Flanagan - The Narrow Road to the Deep North

And I got to know this writer by his book Gould’s Book of Fish.

And I would recommend this dude to anyone. If sou saw movie called Van Diemen’s Land, he is kinda behind it as well.

o7

1 Like

1 and 2 are some of my favorites.

Ender’s Game, for the gazillionth time.

OT: I wonder if they ever make a ‘Speaker for the Dead’ movie.

2 Likes

User Manuals for this machine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXJKdh1KZ0w&ytbChannel=rlcarnes

4 Likes

Reading, what, books?

Ain’t nobody got no time fo dat

3 Likes

I read Tweets and this forum.

i r smrt

3 Likes

Wait, there’s not even an ‘Ender’s Game’ movie yet, is there, before moving on to ‘Speaker for the Dead’? Did I miss something? I know there was an Ender’s movie planned a few years ago.

(On topic-- finishing up Iain M. Banks Consider Phlebas. In addition to many amazing ideas, some excellent writing. Iain is not as gnarly with the pain and suffering in this one as in the later ones either…)

1 Like
2 Likes

Aurora by Kim Stanley Robinson

This is my second reading as I enjoyed it so much the first time. A narrative account of human race’s first attempt to travel to & colonize a planet around Tau Ceti, aboard a generation ship.

I highly recommend this book to anyone that likes sci-fi based upon the near technological future & the possible challenges that such a future may present.

2 Likes

In Conquest Born by C.S. Friedman. Again. She’s a great writer who paints a vivid picture. The coldfire trilogy is what initially sucked me into her writings. I recommend them if you are looking for something sci-fi / fantasy-ish.

1 Like

Ubik by Philip K. Dick who’s more famous for Do Androids dream of Electronic Sheep? (film Bladerunner)

It’s a nice read :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Started “The Fourth Turning” by William Strauss.

Also started The Rats Trilogoy based on post above.

I need to finish that one. I’ve been letting it and The Outer Limits of Reason by Noson S. Yanofsky gather dust . . .

Instead, I’ve been wallowing in light reads like The Chronicles of St Marys series by Jodi Taylor; and I just picked up A Closed and Common Orbit by Becky Chambers.

An old series, but I never got around to reading it until now; Eragon by Christopher Paolini.

I never seen the movie adaption either and don’t plan to until I read the books first. It’s great from what I’ve read so far; I’m really getting into it.

Are those the fantasy books written by a guy when he was 14-years-old?

I wasn’t actually sure, but went to Wikipedia and it appears so. I am still enjoying it either way. I’m a big lover of fantasy stories. :slight_smile:

I’ve finished reading The Autobiography of Benjamin Franklin.Now 4 remains.

3 Likes