What are you reading?

(Corraidhin Farsaidh) #41

Dune Messiah right now, then moving onto The latest Terry Brooks Shannara series and/or William Gibsons CyberPunk books. I only just read Neuromancer even though I played CyberPunk 2020 for years, just never seemed to get around to it before :smiley:

(Gneeznow) #42

Have you read the Mars Trilogy? Great books, hard reading at times though because of all the geography talk.

(Steve Ronuken) #43

Just finished The End of the World Running Club. (Fairly quick read. Though I read quickly. Chewed through it in around 3 and a half hours)

Don’t want to say too much about it, but I enjoyed the journey.

(Corraidhin Farsaidh) #44

Oh,if any wants an excellent mix of psychotic mythology and comedy I really recommend Good Omens by Neil Gaimen and Terry Pratchett

(Khergit Deserters) #45

Just finished Iain M. Banks’s Use of Weapons. Dang, ohmigarsh! I’ll be pondering that one and sorting backward from page 500 to page 1 for a while. I started reading the Culture novels from a later one, then started reading from the order they were written. Every one has been great, but Use of Weapons (No. 3 in the order) is the best and most intense of the group I’ve seen, so far. What a writer, what patience in telling many stories while all along telling a tale.

(Roksana Kolesnikova) #46

Just finished the “The Tower of Swallows” by Andrzej Sapkowski (Witcher)
I don’t know how the Witcher is translated to “Vaják”, horrible…

(LordOdysseus) #47

I was juggling the remaining 4 books in the OP and got bored. But to gain momentum, I did something counter-intuitive and searched for which classic books are the shortest and started reading Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451. It helped me read faster because I’ve read 65% of it in one sitting.

Have you played the games too? Are they true to the books?

(Roksana Kolesnikova) #48

I actually playing with the Witcher 3 GotY and there are many references to the books, something needed to be changed tho… :slight_smile:

(LordOdysseus) #49

Finished reading Fahrenheit 451. It was a great,short read.

(Nana Skalski) #50

The story in game was not written by Sapkowski. Sapkowski only sold the rights. Didnt even took the percentage of gains option because he never thought about game becoming a success.

Of course the stories and world in Sapkowski’s books was so rich, it was a good base to make a game that takes place there.

(Amber Stonei) #51

Great books

(Amber Stonei) #52

Hilarious book, I really enjoyed it. Might actually re-read it here soon as I have once again run out of books

(Celise Katelo) #53

These two books:

(Corraidhin Farsaidh) #54

They’re doing a series of it! Michael Sheen as Aziraphael and David Tennant as Crowley. Inspired casting I think :slight_smile:

(StonerPhReaK) #55

The Once and Future King By T.H. White

(Viktor Revon) #56

I’m currently re-reading TEA and Templar One, along with these forums every now and then.

(Steve Ronuken) #57

The Black Tide Rising series.

Zombies! And Boats!

(Renesco) #58

Seveneves by Neal Stephenson, I’m a big fan of his and Snow Crash and Anathem are two of my favourite novels but I’m not blown away by Seveneves. I’m 4/5ths of the way through the book and it’s a 3/5 so far.

(Stromberg Moon) #59

Just finishing Evan Currie’s Hayden War series awesome fun read, Next I might reread my Hammers’s Slammers by David Drake.

(22000) #60

Livy. VI-X. d. A.D. 17