What are you reading?

Happy Belated National Book Lovers Day!
9th of August.
Here is some advice to read faster:

What are you reading today?

1 Like

https://online.ucpress.edu/collabra/article/10/1/92328/199933/Responding-to-Online-Toxicity-Which-Strategies

2 Likes

I’m reading Dune. It is a 900+ page edition and the book appears to have a few sci-fi concepts or words I’m not familiar with. The weapons Paul train with at the training room are quite possibly invented by the author. I’m still not finished, so I don’t want to say anything else about it, yet.

Thank you for contributing to the thread @Naomie_Pennilez :slight_smile:

1 Like

Picked up a copy of TIME. I think I should buy an Analogue Pocket.

1 Like

Almost finished with the second volume of Le Morte D’Arthur. It’s basically 1000 pages of solo frigate PVP with the occasional FFA sponsored by Tuskers or Stay Frosty. No plot, yet strangely entertaining.

Started The Dark Forest, which has the unique structural feature of not using chapters, and The Farthest Shore, which I hope I enjoy more than Tombs of Atuan.

2 Likes

If you’re longing to buy a new e-book reader right now, you might want to wait 10 more days. The rumor mills are indicating Amazon ran out of stock when it comes to their e-readers, and about to release new versions after that time. Perhaps this time they’re going all color. Of course, those who like android devices can try out other brands.

It’s been at least 1 year since Scribe was out. How time flies!

I still think the best is the Kindle Oasis. Strange how they only sell the cellular version outside of the US.

1 Like

I agree and the latter thing you said is true as well. Even stranger is that they don’t even sell it(or any other Kindles or even e-books!) on one different language Amazon website, i.e. the Turkish website.

What is even more peculiar is that that website sells their competitors’ devices&accessories inexpensively instead. As a result, people here b(r)ought the 20$ cheaper, advert enabled version from abroad and abused the ad-removal exploit. There are theories on why A doesn’t sell the Kindles, such as: They reportedly gave the rights of selling their e-devices to a small, tech importing company in the country.

1 Like
Best Kindle names
  • Kindle in the Wind
  • Kinderella
  • Emotional support kindle
  • Scheherazade
  • Kindle Jenner
  • Bookie McBookface
  • Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
  • Alexandria
  • Paige Turner
0 voters

You haven’t added an option for

You have a lot of Brit’s for

:roll_eyes:
Boaty McBoatface was embarrassing enough! :rofl:

1 Like

Encountered his brother the other day whilst cycling - Beepy McBeepface

Clearly he didnt know that Zaera owns the road.

2 Likes

Off topic but I got hit by a car at 13 yrs old. 2 days in ICU, etc. Still love riding a good high-quality bike. :wink:

1 Like

Got run over by a car when I was small. Didn’t know what all the fuss was about though as I was fine.

AS a car driver, recently a cyclist bombing down a steep hill in pouring rain ran into the back of my car at high speed. He kept asking me if I was okay which I found strange as I was totally fine and surpised that he even survived due to how hard he hit the car.

1 Like

Why? Do you see e-readers as the work of Satan? :sweat_smile:

Do you LordOfDarkness ?

I see you’re responding to a question with another question. :slightly_smiling_face:
I personally think they’re one of the best inventions ever made.