What Battle Ventures are Being Used

I noticed some people were using battle ventures during the event. I want to know some likely fits. Unfortunately on zKillboard, I mostly find ventures that are either industrial cynos or ventures being used for their intended harvesting purposes. I’m not asking what would be a good battle venture, but the ones most typically used. There’s a difference. I don’t think everyone uses the Tech II guns on these since… well if you’re crashing one of these sites with a battle venture you’re probably doing it for laughs and wouldn’t be blinging it out.

1. go back to zkillboard
  2. select ‘advanced search’ (magnifying glass next to the search bar)
  3. filter on kills involving Ventures
  4. move the Venture to the ‘attacker’ side
  5. click on the Venture pilots to get the zkillboard pages of pilots who kill using Ventures
  6. sort by losses
  7. pick a Venture loss
  8. you are now probably looking at a battle Venture fit
  9. repeat 5-8 until you have multiple battle Venture fits from different players to see if there’s any variation
  10. plug favourite fit into Pyfa
  11. modify to your own taste
  12. buy fit ingame
  13. go kill people in your battle Venture
6 Likes

Step 4.5: glance at the side column and see who has the most venture kills in the last week, copy their fit

1 Like

The battle venture ought to be T2 fit.

T2 guns, two of the same (short range variant), microwarp drive (meta is fine), T2 warp scramber, T2 medium shield extender, and a T2 damage control. The rigs can be T1, some combination of shield extending or EM/THM resistance, or some PG for the low skill chars.

Do not be fooled, the battle venture is a solid combat ship and can easily take down a ship that is unprepared. The venture’s small sig makes it get under the guns of larger ships very well, and it’s scram resistance bonus means that you can just laugh at nano-kite-damp garmurs and warp off regardless.

Similarly, if you warp 10 battle ventures onto a gas site, there’s a good chance that somebody will be too stupid to realize that they are battle ventures and try to attack them head on – for example: Lachesis | Whorchie | Killmail | zKillboard

1 Like

I more wanted to know what battle ventures fit are typically used, not what the fit ought to be. That said, after going through 32 fits, it does seem that almost every uses t2 guns and the Damage Control too if they used one, with about 7/8 of them using t2 on the prop mod, or the shield extender, or both. Three guys used a drone amplifier, one guy actually used an inertia stabilizer, and some guy did an overdrive injector.

If you’re using a battle Venture, you probably want to go after mining ships. You’ll be attacked by drones so of the four types of damage, you can just ignore EM since barges and Endurances don’t run acolytes

What’s kind of a Garmur is this?

[Venture, *Venture]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Faint Epsilon Scoped Warp Scrambler
Small Azeotropic Restrained Shield Extender
5MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive

Light Neutron Blaster II
Small Energy Nosferatu I
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small Hybrid Burst Aerator I
Small Hybrid Collision Accelerator I

Hornet I x2

Void S x406

I kind of wanted to find a typical battle venture, not necessarily a good one.

That said, apparently I was wrong and you’re right about the tf2 guns. T2 guns are common

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.