What did I do to CCP other than give them my RL ISK?

I think you should keep your post related to the game rather than implying I lack an appropriate level of manhood to be playing this game.

If I far less distressed about the original post than lack of imagination of the people that are replying to the post.

I agree with everyone posting that my lack of game skills was on display. That is kind of my point. CCP is telling a group of people, go get a new, more expensive ship so you can have any hope to complete this mission. Then, beyond the scope of the mission itself, they put this mission it in the universe so in such a way to make easier and more profitable for one group to win.

In your scenario, I would say the CCP makes loser pay for the game of Chess and purposely matches new players against more skilled players. I have no problem with the skilled Chess players.

To the OP, might I suggest watching the above to see how one truly epic group used smart bombs to achieve the amazing. Well worth the watch.

3 Likes

Nope, EVE is a sandbox. That’s your definition of fun in this game. My definition of fun is blowing up ships (well more like watching my ship go boom haha). Neither is better than the other. We’re all equal in this chaotic universe.

That’s what EVE is about in my opinion: Chaos. With spaceships.

4 Likes

Actually, you can add quality to the cost/time/ etc. line. Quality, of course, is very subjective, but also very important to the decision making process. There are some items, that quality supersedes monetary time costs, but there are other items that my quality standard is “won’t kill me”.

–Gadget always has quality posts😉

1 Like

Well, it is left to players what will happen. You have all those opportunities around the game.

1 Like

I miss Lord Maldo and his terrific voice :frowning:

2 Likes

I think you should keep the post related to your butt-hurt at being killed, which is what it’s really about. You lack the appropriate level of minerals to be playing this game.

The info has been good. Everyone has informed you that it was your fault and not a game design issue. That info is correct and to ask for different info is to ask for everyone to pretend with you. Suck it up, Buttercup.

That’s actually the way with pretty much every game until you get decent at it. You joined an open world sandbox where people can do what they want and you’re essentially suggesting that CCP do “something” to prevent the big baddies from hurting you as you do your little mission. You want the game designed in such a way as to protect you from the harshness that is EvE, and you learned that is not the way here.

People get told off for shooting up the starter systems, that’s plenty enough hand holding thank you very much.

3 Likes

Quit telling people they aren’t the right fit for the game. Quit driving people away from the game because you think it’s some exclusive club of ‘hard men’ or whatever, and it makes you feel better about yourself to think of yourself as being in this exclusive club.

Don’t take that as my sympathizing or empathizing with the OP, or agreeing with his post, outlook, mentality, etc.

2 Likes

TL;DR

I got lazy was warping gate-to-gate in LS and was ganked in my interceptor. CCPlease change the game in a fundamental way due to my laziness.

Kthanksbye.

4 Likes

No. Go away.

1 Like

OP you’re just flat out wrong.

Smart bombs for gate camps are effective vs everything. Juts because you happened to be in an interceptor does not mean rest of their targets were. In fact, a travel fit any small ship, ( I mean ship with Inertia Stabs and warp rigs) regardless if its explo, small agile transport, small combat, any ship at all. Their advantage is that they don’t have to target anything to actually hit it. Instead they have to sort of “match location”.

2nd, even if they don’t kill you, lets say you are in a larger vessel, they will still do a lot of damage to you for their partner to scram and finish you off, and they will apply it much faster again because of no need for targeting. But their set up is harder to do as they have to get the positioning exactly right.

3rd, smart bombs are very useful during battles to take out drones and close range frigs defensively, while damaging large number of opponents offensively, so for you to say that their only use is for such gate camps is sheer folly and you truly do not understand this weapon system. Let me link you a nice smart bomb video, now this one is fairly old, but it will give you a good idea of what smart bombs can do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfALAEfywIM

And no, I have never actually smart bombed, in fact, I got smart bombed myself lots of times back in the day while flying through Udianor as well as few other places (think I got the spelling correct but maybe not) on one of my characters that used to live in Aridia for some time.

It takes practice, but you can actually avoid smart bomb camps unless there are multiple smart bombing ships covering almost all approach angles on a gate and covering a wide area.

So this weapon system absolutely should not be taken out of the game, in fact it should be buffed as it is one of the few that lets you take out superior numbers when executed correctly. We need more, not less systems like this where tactics can be used to take out forces with greatly increased numbers.

1 Like

So OP went boom lost 20mil isk and comes to whine that the game isn’t fair for him and wants it changed.This game was never meant to be fair I’d point you to the door out but CCP removed it.

2 Likes

So, here is the answer. CCP does purposefully, by design (at least sometimes) create the possibility or likelihood of risk, of interactions with other players, of PvP - whatever you want to call this. An example of this was when they redid the Rorqual. They purposefully made it a lucrative ship (meaning, it has the potential to make lots of ISK) while at the same time made its mechanics risky to use, in that to use the thing to its full potential you have to click on a module that locks the thing down in place for 5 minutes. Again, this was done on purpose - to create a tension, a dynamic. This makes it more fun, as it presents opportunities, risk, danger, thrills on both sides (the hunter and the hunted), etc. To me this is a good thing, and you will see it that way too, once you have had time to cool off, re-evaluate things, and recover your ISK.

On mission running. All I can tell you is that CCP created a variety of missions in different areas. You want little risk? You either run the mission in high sec, or in null sec as a member of a null sec cartel within their space. You want a lot of risk, with a higher payoff in return? Run the mission in low sec, or in null sec NOT as a member of the null sec cartel who’s space you are ‘trespassing’ in. But if you choose the riskier options (low sec, null sec), expect to lose your ship.

3 Likes

see here, this is the problem, you think you’re on a quest. you’re not!

you flew into low sec without using a scout, probably on auto pilot :rofl:

then blame the NPC mission :joy::joy::joy:

I’m gonna give your post a like just because it made me laugh so fecking hard.

2 Likes

my highlights!

All EVE players are PvP players.

If you don’t want to be a PvP player, don’t play EVE.

o/

2 Likes

Come on, bro. That’s really what you want? Less EVE players?

Nobody wants less players but if the so called “lowest common denominator” is all what we can get as an alternative, I think it is safe to say that almost all dedicated EVE players rather see EVE die than become Hello Kitty Spaceships Online. :wink:

2 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly, if that’s the choice. But I was hoping (perhaps against hope) that there was some “third way” i.e. educating the lowest common denominator (LCD), explaining game mechanics and the intention of the developers, calmly dispensing out information while giving the LCDs a chance to cool down, etc.

Perhaps it’s just the Amarrian missionary in me. Back in the very old days we called it the “white man’s burden.”

It never hurts to try. I myself have made some guides, organize giveaways, maintain an open corp (no requirement to join, no api check, no duties, no assets, etc.) that provides tax benefit and so on to aid the community and everyone who needs assistance, but it still is far from being as efficient as it could.

I have one alt for every NPC corp to promote this initiative and to reach as many players as I can but still haven’t got as much time to sign in to be as effective as I would want to.

All in all no effort is wasted but still I feel things could be more efficient. But by all means don’t be discouraged as the more people dedicate at least some time to such the more people will be reached and shown that they are not alone in EVE and can more easier learn the ropes of playing the game.

Btw if interested here you can read about my initiative: