What do miners think of bots?

I think part of the reason that mining is so low in attention required is because the miner is supposed to be at risk and paying attention to their surroundings with that spare attention budget. My opinion is that the problem with mining is a lack of opportunity for players to interfere. I also view mining as a good opportunity to socialize while also doing something potentially useful.

Rather than make mining more interesting for a single player, I’d like to solve the issue I see with the sandbox not engaging people with each other. I have my opinions on what causes that issue, but as that’s a whole other debate, I won’t go into it here. What I want, though, is for people to engage with the game client and each other. I want them to be able to assist or interfere with one another as their individual agenda dictates. Sometimes it’ll be great. Sometimes it’ll be a pain in the butt. It would be interesting, though, either way.

3 Likes

That’s fair. If you ever feel like discussing this further, feel free to ping me about it. I’d love to hear your opinions on the matter.:slightly_smiling_face:

woohoo

3 Likes

I’d like to point out that CCP Hellmar pretty much pointed at the direction of (paraphrased) “making mining more competitive” (a few years late, but hey…) and that an EVE ONILNE people play to relax is actually shitty game … though he didn’t call it that, of course.

2 Likes

I give 1,000,000,000 ISK (1 Billion) to the 1 newbro, who’s is at least 3 months old, and whose standings has climbed between 3.2 and 3.7, and who’s joins us in ganking other newbro miners (and make solo kills of at least 350m ISK). This offer is valid until the upcoming Sunday this October 2019.

PS: do lie to me with killing your alt or your friend’s alt, for I will know who’s who. :grin:

2 Likes

Can you link to the source? I have thoughts, but I’d like to confirm what he actually said before I post.

How do you differentiate between bots and miners?

Their hair styles! :grin:

2 Likes

Why’d the miner leave Halaima?
To get ganked in Kino!

Why’d the miner warp off?
He realized he was in a pod.

Why did the miner have a gunslinger implant?
He wanted to shoot back!

What do you get if you cross a miner with a mission runner?
Mission ready mining!

How many miners does it take to build a catalyst?
One to do the mining, one to do the manufacturing, one to transport it to Jita, and one to buy a permit so a ganker can buy ten catalysts and gank all four miners twice.

Knock knock.
Who’s there?
Gank.
Gank who?
You.

A miner walked into a bar. He sits down next to a ganker, and says to the bartender, “Whiskey, please.” The bartender takes his money, and gives the miner an empty shot glass. “What’s this for?” The bartender points to the ganker, “James ordered tears.”

Did you hear about the wealthy high sec miner?
He’s autopiloting back to Jita with another shipment of PLEX.

What did the orca say to the hulk?
AFK miners don’t talk.

Why did the miner extract his skills and biomass?
He wanted to double his isk and pay rent.

7 Likes

I wish I could, but I can’t find it. I don’t seem to remember where I’ve gotten it from, but I know he touched onto the subject. Probably not finding the right interview.

1 Like

Found it!

2 Likes

Should be noted this doesn’t change the current game mechanics of mining, it just mixes up where to do it and adds a reason to maybe do some mining “offensively” because the rocks won’t magically replace after DT.

CCP will want to balance any future resource depletion mechanics into the economy, rock types moving around or disappearing for more than one day would drive prices up.

“Chaos” seems to be on hold, though, since the Blackout for nullsec was reverted.

This is what they do.
Whatever the code cultists claim to do, they just want to revel in their might-makes-right dominion against the weak.
Eve online is a perfect habitat for such sorts to prosper considering there laissez-faire policies of game management.
That is a reason why we need to fight against them.

1 Like

How is that going at the moment?

2 Likes

Haven’t mined for years, but yes I agree. Any activity that triggers these whinebears is obviously a worthwhile activity.

I mean it’s Hilmar who said that. Has anything he said ever had any cross section with reality?

As disturbing as it was to once again endure the ravings of a [type of person], I cant say I get this person. Unless the author was wearing a Batman uniform when he wrote it.

People start the game in high security space and many of those saw mining as their best means to get started making isk. Some people don’t gravitate to fighting first. People hangin’ with people playing a game. People grouping up with friendly people for engaging conversation in an atmosphere of common interest.

But yes, there is a very inhuman element always at play around real people. That is that is the animal that cannot have an original thought; the monster that cannot speak a word of his own. They are not “brainwashed.” There was nothing to wash, and out of fear they go straight to violence for their many needs. Pride; sense of security; acceptance. And who do they want to attack the most? Highsec miners of course!
“meeeeat”

There’s really nothing cryptic about ignorance. It’s just ignorance. That said, I’m gonna go punch an old lady in the throat because she harbors a wheelchair and she’s a bot. And maybe your friends will think I’m cool.

1 Like

They were wrong… :wink:

If you want to know the best way to make isk, read this:

1 Like

@Aiko_Danuja There is a good reason I work (RL) in an industrial field and a VERY good reason I am not an accountant. So, no.

Blockquote

They were not so wrong.

:roll_eyes:

Yah, but in EVE, people can kill you - repeatedly. :smirk:

So, that’s cool that you work IRL in an industrial field. However, when someone can warp a fleet into orbit and blow your factory up, it might not be that good of a career… :alien:

It’s time for you to get your head out of reality, and wake up in EVE Online. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

@Aiko_Danuja
Okay, I’ll spell it out. It’s what people enjoy that they persue. Which takes us right back up to my initial posted response. I don’t need CODE or anyone else to think for me and tell me what’s right.
OMG lol
Just read it again.

2 Likes