What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

Aura’s original voice (much higher quality than current one!!!)

Learning skills

Old Ibis and old Bantam

Old mining laser sounds

Jetcan Mining™ in an Osprey dreaming about a promising future

The 8th missile launcher of my Drake Navy Issue… I want it back!!!

Please remove planetary interaction. EVE was much better before that ■■■■.

1 Like

Omg this BZZZZZZ ZZZZZZZ ZZZZRRRRRRRR

Perfect! That is number 1 for me also!

Do you still get ghost town whistling winds sounds when you’re mining a belt? I always liked that cheesy effect. Of course, there’s no wind in space or even any sound. Your ship plays that simulated sound for you. Same as it does for turret fire or missile launches. Because our sensory perception is used to have audio as well as visual. The weapon sounds help us with our tactical situational awareness. But in the case of the ghost town sounds when we’re mining, they help us realize that we’re sitting in the middle of nowhere for minutes or hours, shooting a rock.

3 Likes

Aura’s original voice, as said above.

5 Likes

The old Rifter. The new Rifter model isn’t quite the same…

My virginity… oh, wait posting in wrong thread.

Yep! And still sad to read some of those memorials :frowning:

3 Likes

I hate it people make me put my glasses and read carefully… :wink:

No, you did not take that out of context. All I am saying is at the time in the game, the ability to be one of Robin Hood’s merry men (I’ll save you the men in tights vid) was a great draw for us. We were the underdogs in all our Wd’s against the blocks. We would rotate through them as often as we could. We, as underdogs who were to stupid/proud to grow and wanted to stay small, a tight group who could take on the null blocks in higsec and make them pay for the advantage of null.

2 Likes

I miss the mystery and learning the game along side thousands of others. But nothing can bring that back outside of a complete rework of every mechanic from combat and exploration to indy and resource acquisition. Possibly adding whole new unthought of mechanics/gameplay/interactions along such changes such that it’s not just doing the same thing we were before but in a different way.

1 Like

I wrote this original thread on May 8th before the blackout. I hope CCP realizes that their game in the past had a lot of things that we miss.

Given the recent success of other classic servers it may be worth looking at some of the things that CCP has taken away. It makes me feel like the game was more feature rich in the past than it is today.

Thank you for your opinion on what you miss from this game…please keep the civil replies coming.

3 Likes

The problem here is everyone knows what to do to get to that capital the “fastest”.

I liked the CSM14 notes where they talked about climbing Mount Everest.
Originally a challenge it’s now a guided tour to the top.

The internet… youtube, websites…it’s all out there to read and watch instead of login and experiment and learn by trial and error.

“Restarting” Eve won’t make any difference.
It will just restart the current race and we’ll get to exactly the same place we’re at now but in months instead of years.

This player but a better way :slight_smile:

Don’t restart it, re-imagine it. Of course you will lose a lot of “die hards” but that would probably be best for the game.

Oh, as long as they pick the way I like. It is best of course.

I miss reading new Eve Chronicles, mining sites that actually had to be probed down, empire faction standings actually meant something, the more ‘ethnic/cultural’ clothing options in the character creator for different factions, choosing a different races and bloodlines actually made a small difference and added flavor vs just what facial looks are available, that dying in your pod meant something.

1 Like

No classic EVE.

I miss when anchoring a structure in HiSec or getting Jump Clones was actually a big deal.

In fact I miss things being big deals.

Nothing is a big deal anymore. They’ve made everything so easy. Sigh.

6 Likes

a very small minority complained EVE IS TOO HARD so ccp whimped eve just for them, I agree getting standards just to buy a jump clone was a big deal grinding faction standings to float a pos in High was also a big deal but today pffft whats to point of faction standings. even fixing a security status used to mean weeks of grinding in null or low sec but now just go buy a tag lol

6 Likes

In the old days Eve was an unforgiving but simpler game. For example, you had clones, and if it wasn’t updated and you died, you lost a lot of sp ect - everything was fine.
But on the other hand, the player did not waste so much time on senseless complications - like the recent changes in cyno ihmo idiotic. cyno should be able to be installed on every ship, but it should require more and more liquid fuel to handle it for large fleets (on the cyno side not only sender side only) - so that there is no infinite jump on one cyno - but who cares … people from CCCP are “the smartest”. The very idea of ​​transportation after 0 was also simpler. The dread could play the role of a small truck … beautiful times :). Today, playing is too complicated in a bad way. Game should not waste time of the player in such way.
On the other hand we lack of real skill specialization. Everyone are the same all on 5 - it should be more skill level not 5 but 10 for people who want to specialize in something greatly for example in flying in small ships.

3 Likes

the old login screens…

7 Likes