What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

Hey if you arent enjoying it, you shouldnt feel “forced” to stay

I know work can be hard, and quitting is the easiest…

Sorry can’t be bothered finishing this… zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

“I Saw Your Ship” was my favorite.

1 Like

Smoke Down Below is mine

But I love how just the title alone on “I Saw Your Ship” tells a little story in of itself

1 Like

“Nouvelle Rouvenor Hero”
“…But Still We Go On”
“Tomorrow’s Neverending Yesterday”
“My Other Residency”
oh, and “Last Power Cell” - most foreboding track in the old jukebox

1 Like

I can almost hear them in their titles.

Man I miss the jukebox so much

I also added a bunch of X2 tracks to mine too

1 Like

You don’t have to miss it. Ashy recreated it months ago

No adding other tracks though

3 Likes

I have them all on my iPhone.

CCP has them on their Soundcloud.

5 Likes

Incursion Shiny Network (ISN) and the people. Great fun.

Noble, Kodavor, Krany, Red Claw, speedball, niddengolliah, Drifter and all the rest.

Miss the days of solo and small gang pvp where when you went to someones home in nullsec they had to dock up in stations.
If you waited there a little they would undock something to look get caught becuase of their curiocity and then their friends would be forced to undock and help which starts a pretty good fight most of the time back then. (tethering and citadel guns killed this :confused: )

Alliance tournament - Lot’s of times I ended up quitting the game only to tuin into alliance tournament and being inspired to play again.

I miss seeing lots of people out in space that was no where near their home the universe always felt more full, now most people are always very close to their home.

The overall attitude of players, back in the days no one worried too much about loosing ships if you died to someone or shot someone people where friendly and had a good laugh in local. Now a days everyone has a heart attack every time you shoot them as they are desperately grinding for many hours just to afford anything with the massive inflation that eve has experienced.

I miss not seeing capitals in space, in the early days if you saw a carrier in space it was a wow moment and there would only be 1 or 2 max and everyone would gather there and the pvp would be great even while loosing horribly.

Nowadays if you see a capital you know you messed up because someone has lit a cyno on you and its over no more content or fun for you. Which psychologically makes you hate seeing capitals.

4 Likes

Come down to Black Rise sometime and be disabused of this erroneous opinion.

Fair enough I will say that black rise is pretty decent, I was more aimed at nullsec areas.

Yep, the jukebox was gone before I started playing EVE, so I missed out on that era/feature, but… I heard tell of it, and when they started putting the themes and other tunes on their soundcloud, I too rejoiced. Love that soundcloud! have all the tracks from it separately bookmarked and ranked with my own star ratings for 'em, like it’s in my iTunes. ;D

3 Likes

I have incursioned with peops that knew Noble from the ISN glory days. I have incursioned with Krany myself. :wink:

:+1: nice one

1 Like

I just have to vent…

I miss these kinda Saturday nights in EVE… (watch your goodies!)

I held on for years in hope…

I put up with all of CCP’s…

And for all the whiners who cant win… (cant forget them)

CCP tells us…

I always did my best to fight hard…

Back when they would flock to the game and stick it out…

Now all the old folk want to do is…

Half the players are drunk half the time… :wink:

The new players want to grow up fast…

We all think…

And some of us just like to…
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYjZK_6i37M

How I felt when I 1st started playing…

But now CCP seems to running the place like the…

Now most locals…

The game is confusion to new players… (THAT is a hard one to fix no matter what)

And for the endless armchair quarterbacks, we have…

Ganking, (sigh) get over it. I did.

Unfortunately, I now have to say…

I now get vitamin d from sunlight!!!

I will NEVER regret my time in EVE…

Edit; I forgot the flamers…

2 Likes

Actually I also miss the old POS’s with the old functionalities (perhaps without moon mining). Today they could be manageable platforms for small corporations (also in terms of defense), while the Upwell structures - if these were scaled properly for defense e.g., in hisec - could be used by larger corporations/alliances. Okay, so it’s a “what do you miss” and an “idea” combined.

3 Likes

After calming down. :wink:

I miss when being able to fly a T1 cruiser to 4/5 was gold and flying a battleship was still a dream…

Edit; A lot of the other ships had not been invented yet.

2 Likes

I could tell you about the afterlife for a small fee

1 Like

I’d assume you were an American TV evangelist, if you hadn’t said ‘small fee’…

Is there a vacancy ?