What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

CCP devs that weren’t in a hurry to sellout to anyone whoms genitalia they can hop on and go for a ride.

Dr Who? are you f***ing kidding me?

5 Likes

I still miss MTUs in starter systems.

Is CCP really afraid that a starter character will immediately buy a combat scanner and probes, probe down a mission pocket, and warp to it, see that the mission runner has for some reason put a corp ad on his MTU, and have a bad feeling about it?

No, the issue was a few people decided to anchor a ton of MTU spam in the starter systems next to the stations, thus filling up new players overviews with a bunch of empty MTU trash.

1 Like

Simple fix, remove MTUs from overview options …

1 Like

HA !

Yep

Brand new players are just beginning to learn the game, there’s a lot of stuff they need to learn very quickly such as how to do skill training, access the market, fit up and pilot their ships. Setting up and customizing their Overviews isn’t a high priority right at the start.

Yet that’s the first thing I did, getting my overview in order, and questions about the overview regularly pop up in the noob chat. It seems to be a high priority for new players regardless of your opinion here. Without an overview that suits your play you might as well autopilot and afk the whole way.
A familiar overview is indispensable for any capsuleer, new or old but especially new.

Yes it is.

1 Like

Most new players right at the start are trying to learn the game and how to work the basic interface, not dive deep into customizing their overview, regardless of your opinion here.

Prove it,…

Of course it is. DeCrimson either don’t know what he’s talking about or he takes his case for a generality.

Yea, and the Overview is one of the most important parts of the interface.

Why the ■■■■ would I waste my time with this ?

It’s common knowledge Overview Packs being handed out to noobs for smooth riding the interface …

1 Like

I could not agree more!

Common knowledge that brand new players are getting handed Overview packs, lol, yeah right…

I like how you try to portray new players, as some 2nd-grade morons who don’t know what end of the ship faces forward. I realize it helps your ego but, regardless of your opinion, it’s not the reality.
Lots of people coming to this game have enough smarts to realize that an Overview that works for them is one of the most important things in the game. Treating new players like school children may raise your ego but it won’t help them.
Quit treating new players like 7-year-olds.

No one actually truly new is going to do any overview editing, if only because they don’t even know what the overview IS.

2 Likes

Then why did I edit my overview within an hour of play? Why did I tinker with it for an entire hour not two hours into starting the game?
Why do we have questions in the Help Chat about the Overview from noobs not a day old?
New players do know what an Overview is, they’re not retarded.

Exactly, 100% correct.

Especially when most are more concerned with learning how to operate the basic controls.

1 Like

You didn’t, you might have done it on this alt but when you started playing, however many years ago, you didn’t.

Most seriously have no clue. The ones that magically do are alts pretending to be new, not new players.

1 Like

I’m in NPC starter Corp and most brand new players ask about accessing the Market, fitting ships, skill training, etc.