What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

That looked awesome.

1 Like

neat , reminds me of the extreme early days when they showed a rough video of a eve online atmospheric flight/scene change demo…looked so neat, things felt so promising back then.

2 Likes
  1. Travel in EvE - The reason why jump fatigue was introduced is because certain groups were able to jump across New Eden and back again with almost zero risk of being caught. That and said group was basically jumping on anything shiny so most kept those things docked up.

2. Sov system - Yes it still sucks… ESPECIALLY WITH THIS BRM CRAP. BRM or ADM pick one and get rid of the other. Nothing says kill player motivation than grinding up the ADM by either mining useless rocks (thanks to scarcity/prosperity) or ratting for very little rewards. And don’t get me started on the keys for the ESS crap. Either increase the payout for using the keys AND don’t limit the farming sites to just low sec or get rid of the reserve bank all together.

3. Upwell structures - I was thinking that there should be a set limit on how many can be set up in a system, but then I remembered that they need fuel and limiting them would crash the ice mining market. I do, however, believe that they should all be loot pinatas regardless of where they are set up. Get rid of asset safety and put some of the risk back into living in null sec. Every part of null sec should have an NPC presence, too. No safe space to run to, especially for the botters. (You know who you are)

4. Balance issues - This one is tricky. You will always get those who min/max the crap out of everything and follow the meta. ANNNNDDD you will get those who will be a crybaby to the devs to change the game in their favor instead of HTFU. Some of them will go out of the way to be the loudest voices in the forums and a couple have made it to the CSM.

5. More skins and hats - Cosmetic items are a good way for a gaming company to make some extra cash. Period. They got to pay the bills to get more hamsters to run those servers.

6. Put tritanium back in the god damn belts in null sec. It use to be that if a new player wanted to start in null sec, they could just grab a venture with some BPCs and start building their own ships. But since scarcity/prosperity, that option has gone out the window. The only way a new player can do that now is to DEPEND ON AN OLD PLAYER TO SHIP IT IN for them to start building. Seriously, when CCP Seagull was at the helm, null sec was about building your empire. My tin foil hat is saying that a certain dev is looking at what EvE Echoes is doing … My response to that is LEAVE EVE ONLINE AND GO WORK FOR EVE ECHOES.

2 Likes

I have to say, I DONT miss krabs like above

Walking in Stations and Dust 514, or any other game tie in. Both are pretty incredible feats technology wise so hats off to them for trying honestly.

Everything else is fine (for me atlaest) I love this game.

I miss the vision at least…

6 Likes

I completly aggree to this!

1 Like

the jukebox!!!

2 Likes

I’m not botting!!!

Feyd’s blog.

2 Likes
  • Forum wars of 0.0 alliances, when there wasnt even an alliance mechanic. The backstabbing and drama of it.

• Pre-capital fleet battles.

• Economy and the harsh losses before ETC/PLEX etc.

1 Like

Mittani, is that you?

I miss the old Torpedo explosions ! They used to look great.

4 Likes

I loved the Seagull era. It was organized, they had timelines, she projected this idea that they CARED for the player. This is certainly no longer the case.

3 Likes

“The developers today are running it like a business”
True dev’s dont run anything, the exec’s with bean counter armies do. CSM is simply an arm of this, perhaps to give regular players the illusion of influence.
Everything is and has always been a business to some degree, but at least there used to be a bit of genuine spirit of creating something good (in this case a game). That is gone pretty much everywhere, and if it does pop up, the locusts consume/assimilate it instantly.
Combined with the era’s political correctness and exploding wealth disparity, I’d not hold my breath for the average player. I check back in every year or so for amusement, but hold no hope. ‘Change’ only happens at the end of utter collapse. Maybe in a decade or so, after that happens, there will be new growth of goodness.

I could tell you what I miss about EVE that made me quit, but I’d be wasting my time.

Yet still on forums…

Yeah I still poke my head in the door every few months to see if this game may be worth returning to. Thus far, the answer is no. Now, got any more standardized forum warrior replies in that coat of yours?

Nope but i do have the Lizzo emoji for you! :poop:

1 Like

Another pod kill and nowhere to share the kill
/and still no access. What must a Pilot do to gain access?