What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

My point was simply when was the last time you actually had a fight where your hands shake after?

It’s gotten to the point I don’t fret a loss. But now I can replace ships and not worry about a few losses. I’m getting fuzzy but if I had more time to play, I’m sure I could bring my score back up. But to what end? It just seems mechanical. Pvp turned into kinda a grind in itself for me. Meh, I’m sure I’m not wording this to anyone’s satisfaction.

Ive just never been any good at PvP so most times Im running cargo in an unarmed ship, getting blockaded, camped, chased etc. Not losing another transport is still pretty exciting to me even if I can replace it.

Please… :laughing:

I bet the most you get is a good chuckle!

I know, right.

I took my girl to Wixon’s Shovel Museum a while back for an afternoon of love and Nuka-Cola when out of nowhere six super mutants came at us.

Bullets, grenades, and missiles rained down on us. I tossed her out the back window and stood my ground to distract them. It was the fight of my life but in the end I stood victorious. Not many could have survived what I did that day.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

Oh I think youd be surprised.

Im a person of actual very modest tastes.

Then were not playing the game for the same reasons.

If its not puzzle solving with simulation of high risk, then probably not.

I generally just autopilot freighter from jita to amarr for good profits

Sounds dull and not very lucrative.

Am making about 35bil per week doing this plus i work on coding projects during the time. Very fun.

Yeah as I said.

So, for both of you, there is nothing you miss.

The game is a shell of what it once was mostly due to pisspoor gen z gamers attitudes but we survive.

2007-2010 was the best years of EVE. can flipping, wardec corps like Interstellar Brotherhood of Gravediggers, ganking before CODE turned it into a team event and the general interaction of players.

Don’t forget suddenly ninjas and the glory days of Motsu.

3 Likes

Huh? I dont know how you got that.

I probably mentioned some of what I miss like several hundred posts ago.

Its all people. Friends who came with me from MechWarrior 4, to people who became enemies only out of circumstance, to my corpmates.

And the third engine on my Curse.

Oh a fellow battletech fan. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since 85/86 sometime

1 Like

What do you miss about Eve that is now gone

Player access to Why Was It Ganked! Channel!

3 Likes

I miss the $14.99 sub price!

1 Like

the dynamic, nerdy mindset of people building and maintaining a game for nerds

9 Likes

Man those were the days. After the summer of rage EVE got so many great updates. The game had a roadmap, CCP had a vision to expand the universe (Dust 514) and devs did awesome stuff like in the video on the side. I had no problem paying ~300€ a year for subs.

All of this is gone now. EVE is in maintenance mode but CCP tries to aggressively monetize it like an AAA game. I wouldnt even pay 30€ a year for the empty shell that EVE has become.

2 Likes