What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?

I have started playing back in 2006 my first char

Learning Skills

EVE was the only game I ever have played, where you should train some specific skills prior training skills in general :woman_facepalming:

It was so great, farming ISK for skillbooks, that teach you how to learn faster.
And after you have reached level 5, there was another skillbook for each skill to train it at least to 4…

4 Likes

My Bookmark making industry back before Warp to 0 was a thing, and warping to any point dropped you at 15km from it.

Made billions selling regional bookmark packs so people could land at 0km on gates and stations.

1 Like

“Who has the Curse container!”

1 Like

Do you currently hold a bookmark to the centre of a star?

/ the best docking bookmark I have is to Jita4-4 before the station was rotated leaving my ability to warp to inside the station before docking.

Anyone remember J’Poll? I miss her…

2 Likes

“What do you miss about Eve that is now gone?”

Solo pvp and being able to roam in a battle cruiser without getting hot dropped within 5minutes.

3 Likes

Captains quarter :slight_smile:

or better walking in stations.

4 Likes

Flew with -10 and the guristas associates back in the day. Never had more fun than getting a point on someone, getting them on coms and making them do things to get cut loose. I’d wake up with a sore gut the next morning from laughing so hysterically all night.

Best times.

1 Like

It also weeded out the weak.

2 Likes

I miss the old war-dec mechanic and the days where there wasn’t a safety lock on your weapons.

2 Likes

That’s sociopathic, you know that right?

In real life, or in game?

1 Like

Love the story. Sadly, if I got point on someone, I just pulled the trigger for being stupid enough to let me catch them.

Having a choice of what roids I can mine in high sec. Simple ship builds.
The days Eve was fun to play, not a pay to win game…

4 Likes

Miss not being able to re-purchase the starter packs.

2 Likes

I miss “griefing” when I did it simply because I only gave an alpha strike just to see how well I did. Test my fit, so to speak. Leaving him/her a burning wreck was enough for me anyway…

Undock camp in null and off grid boost.

I miss the the UI before Photon.

2 Likes

I miss the old Nighthawk model. The Drake hull now doesn’t match it.

Developers that care about expanding and improving EVE online.

9 Likes