What do you think would bring eve into a new golden age

play galaxy on roblox it is just waht you asked for

Youā€™re putting the cart before the horse, really. ā€œBetter players doing more interesting things will revitalize EVEā€ is circular reasoning.

EVE already had the better players, doing more interesting things. You can check all their videos and posts from a decade before you joined. They mostly then got bored and left because in the long run, except for a quite small niche of players, EVE just doesnā€™t have enough interesting options.

Once youā€™ve done the content youā€™re interested in a couple thousand times you tend to lose interest. Then you do some other content a couple thousand times. Then you do another. That takes you about 3-4 years maybe and then youā€™ve pretty much exhausted everything EVE offers to the small niche interested in those things.

CCP simply hasnā€™t kept up with new options for the long-term players over the past decade.

2 Likes

There is content in FW currently. I donā€™t know how much will it last (yes, mostly is just farming at times - I am aware and destruction accounts to mostly frigates, destroyers and cruisers), but if they could somehow extrapolate this to nullsec and players would lose capitals at the rate they lose cruisers in FW, Iā€™d say we are at the start of a new golden age. But the equation, in order for this to happen, is a very complicated oneā€¦ high PLEX and subscription price, high capital manufacturing cost, player retention, etc.
Also - and I might be biased here- it feels like the game no longer provides that immersion for a new player as to the Eve I know, feels like everything is so simple and dull right now. I remember it to be challenging, if I had started this game now in 2023 , Iā€™d just quit in a week. And it feels like due to the changes CCP is doing , the nullsec blocks are no longer at liberty or very limited to create content the way they would like to, because no matter how CCP sets the conditions, ultimately is for the players to create the content, or at least that should be. Better servers would also help, although historically weā€™ve always pushed them to the very edge each time.

We lack 2 major ingredientsā€¦ accesible subscription and ships costs, the rest is up to the players imagination.

So youā€™re saying that mashing d-scan and scouting every gate isnā€™t quality entertainment in its own right?

They wonā€™t. CCP made resources harder to obtain and thereā€™s a whole bunch of extra ISK sinks, so the amount of effort involved in replacing capitals has gone up, so they arenā€™t going to throw them away on a whim.

For some weird reason, CCP thought that resource scarcity would create activity even though most players and a bunch of CSM members were telling them the opposite would happen.

6 Likes

We got Pochven. But guess what ? Itā€™s still the same old usual suspects from the game that got their hands on itā€¦ I have to agree with you , it is indeed way too monolithic right now.

1 Like

time to summion players @Brisc_Rubal @Gix_Firebrand @x123xxx @Iceacid_Frostpacker @tutucox_Khamsi

2 Likes

This will cost you isk, please forward fine to @Aiko_Danuja for the summon

how much as my corp is broke and Iā€™m broke as well but Iā€™ll send it

plus isd now watches my ever move waiting for me to do it again

Recognition of 100million skill points and beyond showing such progress brings a loyal Capsuleer into the new golden age of Eve Online that can be seen by all while undocked in New Eden.

1 Like

yes lets us make that an hourner

so what should we say when a csm or isd member comes here @ISD_Traindriver you know my work and I would have continued it had not be forrced to leave and to see your idea

General discussion is not general banterā€¦

The longer you delay the reason behind your summon the fine will increaseā€¦

If I knew what they could do to create a new golden age, Iā€™d have told them already.

8 Likes

EVEā€™s glory days are long since passed, unfortunately. The current generation of gamers lack patience, which EVE requires in abundance. So, CCP will have to change the way EVE is played if they want to increase the player count. The old guard is all but dead, and the current generation of ā€œgotta have it now for no effortā€ type of players are, unfortunately, the future of EVE. Weā€™ve already seen it trending that way for the past few years nowā€¦

1 Like

That just means that there are less players.

If complaining and whining isnā€™t on EvEā€™s ā€˜What to do in EvEā€™ chartā€¦ it should be.

ā€“Gadget might check the chart later

1 Like

I can agree to certain extend, but lots of activities in EVE are boring or extremely painful.

So, only the ones with EXTRA patience or the ones that choose the right areas stay.

Iā€™m not here to defend this or that, but I believe if you gonna offer something, do it right or delete it.

Iā€™m looking at you, PvE.

Did anyone expect different?

1 Like

Population and popularity go hand in hand, creation of new content is only a starting point. You need to market the product properly. So far, all the Eve Online advertisements I have seen are misleading. Thus new player arrives expecting one thing and gets another. They need to be honest about the product.

There is a YouTube trailer " This is EVE - Uncensored" at the very start they state ā€œAll voices recorded by Eve Online players during game playā€ but then they flaunt eye-candy and donā€™t show the actual perspective of gameplay. At least they were honest about the audio. New players see this and think they are going to jump into a ship and dogfight with the WASD keys.

The ā€œEVE Online | Uprising ā€“ Expansion Launch Trailerā€ starts out fine for the first 85 seconds (1:25) with a news broadcast, but then they toss in pilots walking across a flight deck to the ships. At this point, a new player is going to think they can exit the ship and do activities on the stations. Those of us who assist in rookie help chat know this question gets asked far too often.

I understand the need for embellishment in a promotional video, but toss in some harsh reality, otherwise you have people coming into a game expecting 3D walkabouts on stations and battles without computer assisted piloting. Honesty is the best policy.

7 Likes

If you want honest advertising, CCP should produce a half-hour promotional video of a Retriever just sitting there in one spot miningā€¦

5 Likes

I think thatā€™s a really good idea! Automatic clicker games are a fast-growing trend in the video game sector at the moment, and todayā€™s growing demand for ā€œpassive entertainmentā€ enables mobile developers to leverage synergies between their in-house UX design departments and their app store brand name recognition to create hot new gaming experiences for the ā€œon-the-goā€ 18-54 demographic. For example, check out this advertisement for a mobile, spaceship-themed digital entertainment product:

The crisp visuals and compelling gameplay mechanics really appeal to both youngsters and adults alike seeking the thrills of collection-focused gameplay experiences. Market research indicates that point collection focus-tests really well with contemporary consumer demographics, as is evident by almost every single retail/service business offering some kind of rewards program. Itā€™s a no-brainer that video games like this, if marketed properly, are a surefire way to grow both market share and market capacity!

4 Likes