What has happened to this game?

Yeah, nothing major, just the first few words are superfluous and don’t really add anything.

“Fact of the matter is, in my opinion”

vs

“In my opinion”

Nothing major. Your opinion is as valid as anyone else’s.

Sure that may have been in 2012/2013 but considering CCP’s track record, it takes them a long time just to acknowledge an issue in-game and even longer for them to address it.

As for loss of player retention due to softening the game, that’s possible. Over the years CCP has lowered the skill requirements to where brand new players can easily access larger ships without actually training up the support skills making it easier for them to quickly lose the ship, which could be part of the poor retention issue.

1 Like

I’m just amused at how quickly people can contradict themselves sometimes.

It’s one hell of an oxymoron don’t you think?

2 Likes

What a joke you are, the discussion was about new players and since Rookie chat lasts for 30 days, then that’s the time status of being a new player, not 60 days, 90 days, 120 days, etc.

4 Likes

I’m sorry that you are operating on such a low resolution. It’s neither. But if you need to get hung up over this to justify your self, go ahead.

1 Like

Yeah i still see someone pulling the ‘no true scotsman’.

Nothing is a ‘new player’ unless it agrees with your narrative. And when the data is absent it agrees with you by default.

This from a ‘trusted’ player. :rofl:

3 Likes

You have to join the corp to find out, or send me 5 billion isk.

Nobody is going to teach you for free.

1 Like

I see, that’s a good point. In that case, I’ll do my part.

Hey OP, why are you trying to “relax” in a game made for hardcore PvP? You wouldn’t go to a whorehouse for bible study, would you? Well, I mean, I guess you could, but it would be a very particular type of bible study, and I’m pretty sure it would mean that you can’t go to heaven afterwards anyway.

3 Likes

Heh, the only ‘no true Scotsman’ here is you.

Oh and nice try on trying to deflect from you stating an oldass 2015 New Player Experience presentation was valid to this topic.

And you’re a Veteran player… :yawning_face:

1 Like

EvE is not made for PVP only. The industrial backbone of eve is paramount to the existence of PvP.
Who the ■■■■ would manufacture the ships, modules, ammo etc. that you use to PvP, without the industrialists?
This kind of idea that eve == pvp is a huge contributor of the toxicity in eve.
EvE is a sandbox where every facet of it depends on each other.

1 Like

Firstly this is not a baiting post or whatever that is. I dont usually post on the forums, but I going to think twice from now on. People trying to work out my motivation for making such a post how dare I?
Now, somebody trying to question my motivation for playing the game in the first place? So I shouldn’t be relaxing now lol.

That is exactly what I say when I make these threads on my alts, so I’d really appreciate it if you didn’t try to rip off my style and muscle in on my territory, thanks.

1 Like

EvE is not made for industry only. The PvP backbone of eve is paramount to the existence of industry.
Who the ■■■■ would create demand by blowing up the ships, modules, ammo etc. that you produce from industry, without the PvP’ers?
This kind of idea that eve == industry is a huge contributor of the toxicity in eve.
EvE is a sandbox where every facet of it depends on each other.

5 Likes

Dear god what a dumb fallacy.

The point i’m trying to make just goes above and beyond these forum warriors.

So serious…

Well, CCP Paradox said on a TiS that they might look at ganking soon. And he didn’t exactly sound unsympathetic to the plight of the nerf-ganking crowd. Of course, CCP is not a monolith, but I am kind of worried that they might listen the scrubs asking for their enemies to be nerfed.

I dunno, maybe I’m just being paranoid, but there are an awful lot of players that think ganking is unbalanced in favor of the ganker. And it really doesn’t matter that they’re dead ■■■■■■■ wrong if they can convince CCP that they need to do something about it.

Maybe CCP might surprise me with some inventive mechanics that increase the perception of fairness without nerfing ganking into the ground… but I’m not going to hold my breath.
No P2W

Oh, I didn’t feel like looking for the link to the CCP paradox comments, but I will if you really want them.

I’m completely fine with buying them from CCP directly. Time is money, and whether I spend time on grinding in-game space bux or put in overtime at my job doesn’t really matter to me if it achieves the same effect.

Yes. I’m sick of people like you.

1 Like

On my alt, not a chance, I can see there is toxicity here and it is far from helpful. You just get bashed and disrespected for having posting an observation from an incident in the game.

Time is money… What a stupid thing to say.