What is effective against a Phantasm

It has a mohawk of spikes!

4 Likes

Webbing it is not always effective. The problem is that the Phantasm line of ships have a strong bonus to afterburner. Per Caldari Cruiser level you get 20% boost to afterburner velocity. Use an oversized afterburner and you have a ship traveling at MWD speeds using only an afterburner. Yes webs slow it down, but not enough.

Idealy you need a heavy grappled but getting a ship with that close enough to a Phantasm for long enough to lock and grapple it is not easy.

Neuts are a good option, but you need almost surprise Neuts. A smart Phantasm pilot will pick their fight and not engage against a typical neut ship without support.

Best counter… A fast kitey ship with a very long point and maybe missiles. Keep the Phantasm at range so you can’t be scrammed but you can keep him pointed. Then hope he can’t escape by sling shooting out if your point.

1 Like

I think i know who you are talking about. I also had the “pleasure” of his company a few times. I thought about setting up a trap with a cloaked Rapier and Pilgrim, but im really bad at multitasking and me multiboxing in this PvP fight would probably result in juicy killmails for the Phantasm pilot.

I wouldnt even try to engage him with 1 ship. A Phantasm is pretty much designed to be slippery. Its perfect for harassing PvEers in highsec.

Neuts and webs are Phantasm hardcounters, any good pilot will run far away from Rapiers/Curses and simmilar ewar ships. But yeah, don’t play with him in highsec unless you know exactly what you are doing.

1 Like

Kill its speed with webs, duel webs and a scram. Kill its drones with a smart bomb & the rest is easy.

1 Like

EM\thermal resist myrmidon or dominix with neuts and dual webs should do the trick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.