What is the best way to talk to the devs?

Well, we can’t come out and blurt out “Linux is for smart people” can we.

2 Likes

well… smart is said to be Mr Gates , the one at the other side of the window… lol

Well, I could link you a video on that but, that would be off topic and an eye opener, he can jump over a chair though in front of a reporter, but that’s about it

Then just Do not please, there is no need…

Avoid Jita in the routes list may be another option…

image BAD EVIL! BAD!!!
People who are accustomed to windows may find PCLinuxOS helpful to them in transitioning a general computer user to using Linux. PCLinuxOS uses a graphical interface very similar to how windows works.
A good feature of PCLinuxOS is that one can run it and try it without uninstalling windows first.

What is PCLinuxOS?

PCLinuxOS is a free easy to use Linux-based Operating System for x86_64 desktops or laptops.

PCLinuxOS is distributed as a LiveCD/DVD/USB ISO image, and can also be installed to your computer. The LiveCD/DVD/USB mode lets you try PCLInuxOS without making any changes to your computer. If you like it, you can install the operating system to your hard drive. Locally installed versions of PCLinuxOS utilize the Advanced Packaging Tool (or APT), a package management system (originally from the Debian distribution), together with Synaptic, a GUI frontend to APT for easy software installation. PCLinuxOS has over 12,000 rpm software packages available from our software repository.

PCLinuxOS has a script called mylivecd, which allows the user to take a ‘snapshot’ of their current hard drive installation (all settings, applications, documents, etc.) and compress it into an ISO CD/DVD/USB image. This allows easy backup of a user’s data and also makes it easy to create your own custom liveCD/DVD/USB.

PCLinuxOS has additional support for over 85 language through our simple Addlocale interface."

https://www.pclinuxos.com/?page_id=2

OP…somewhat sadly…it has been observed that one seems to have a better chance at talking to an EvE dev via reddit than on the “official” EvE forums… :cry:

you have to seduce one
its the only way

tcsh, zsh instead? :wink:

1 Like

I see what you did there

He needs a good tcling off

They never grow old,
they always stay new,
those three little words;
Please and thank you

3 Likes

One thing here; I read the post and by dev I just automatically assumed you meant someone from community management / development. I blame it on lack of coffee.
If you’re referring to gameplay devs and software devs those that can be directly poked are most often on Twitter, else it’s poking us the community devs and ISDs to relay your message.

2 Likes

Go to CCP’s Contact page and send them an email.

No “Send Beer” button?

Pokes

Make a post in the forums and write articulately and politely?

There are so many people here who talk in pejorative terms about the devs, failing to recognise that they do a really hard job because keeping everyone happy all the time is literally impossible.

This won’t mean that you actually get what you want mind you, but they might actually rake the time to read your subsequent posts rather than ignoring them because ‘you’re one of those forum people who just likes to rant at the devs’.

:mouse:

2 Likes

Yes, and don’t forget the ultimatums. Those make me laugh :laughing:

1 Like

You may laugh, but it is the top of the iceberg only. There are people about which devs will never even hear about and they are always major part of the disgruntled.

I wouldnt ignore the desperate cries like that, especially when the issue is seriously critical, like caps and berets without hair.
Or Imicus being so ugly.
Or many other things in need of improvement…

By all means, I hope they don’t get ignored. I’m pretty sure CCP is aware of the disgruntled player’s game issues and desires. Not sure what they decide to do about those desperate cries on a daily basis but ignoring those pleas isn’t a good idea, I agree.
I can’t help but find those funny though. Maybe because we’re talking about a game, that it is not essential to play it for someone’s quality of life and that if CCP did close EVE down we’d all go on with our lives.

1 Like

Our quality of life is their quality of life. Demanding prettier or more streamlined UI design is nothing to shrug off.

Lets do reality check. We pay for their salaries.

1 Like