What MAC does the job

My current Macbook Pro 2013, 16GB, I7, Nvidea setup stops working with native eve client. Unplayable. Also after fresh eve install. (to bad…old client worked pretty damn good in patato mode)

So im going for an upgrade.

What setup will play the native eve client with no issues? Want to be able to dual box with virtual desktops…and i dont mind the nice look en feel…i always play in performance mode…

Any suggestions?

The new 16" M1 Pro of Max?

Minimum System Requirements:

• Processor: Intel i5 @ 2.5 GHz Apple M1
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Graphics: Intel HD 4000

Recommended System Configuration:

• Processor: Intel i7 Series @ 3.8 GHz or greater
  • Memory: 16 GB or higher
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5700 or better with at least 8 GB VRAM

Run Linux on the old one then you can play with Proton/Wine.

Pity about the Notch on new Macs.

I can’t tell you what you’ll need to dual box, but I can tell you that you don’t need anywhere near the recommended system specs to be able to do it. In fact, I’m kind of surprised at how high they are. Maybe it helps in huge fleet fights. Dunno. But it seems like real overkill for everyday play.

Anyway, 8GB of RAM would probably be enough, even with a web browser and chat programs open. But 16 is cheap enough. So, you might want to go with 16 anyway.

And if you turn the graphics settings down, a GTX 1060 with 3GB of VRAM can run 9x 720p clients (for a total resolution of 4k) in most situations, and still not max out RAM and GPU utilization. However, as previously stated, things might be a different matter in large fleet fights.

I also use a Ryzen 5 3600 running at stock to multibox 10 clients. So, you certainly don’t need anything more than that to dual box.

I absolutely LOVE playing EVE on my 16" M1 Max <3

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.