What non space thing did you do today?

Today, I had the privilege of enjoying fresh strawberries.

3 Likes

What the Caldari call Kutuoto Miru (best translated as “mind tool”), in essence a set of practical techniques to help improve one’s composure, focus, and mental fortitude. Underlying this practice is to see the Totality as it is, objectively. This exercise clears the mind and prepares it for the task at hand, and calm its roiling hopes.

The reason I practice my Kutuoto Miru now is because I have a choice to make. Or actually, to assure myself that a choice I made is the right one…that is to say, that the path I’m about to take is conforming to the flow of the Totality. Attempt to feel the heartbeat of the universe, instead of just my own.

:heartbeat: Doki

:heartbeat: Doki

1 Like

Watching the Tagushii Sub-light Racing League. Exciting ■■■■, a couple of nice surprises…this looks to be a very thrilling season. I’m hoping that Team Haiian wins the championship this time.

2 Likes

I watched the snail wrestling championships.

Gripping stuff.

5 Likes

I got high watching some weird movie with a friend, about a bunch of vampire like witches that owned a dance school. Gained 2 kg in weight, drove my wife around, then read some rumors in the news about team 10-segrity.

1 Like

I repeatedly picked up and set down heavy objects under high-G conditions. Then ran a kilometer.

4 Likes

Watched 2 holoflicks with my wife and a friend, then got drunk on sort of a customized liquor as I showed friend my old drawings and pictures.

1 Like

Tended my Wind Garden, balanced the books and smoked some fish today.

2 Likes

Made about a dozen trays of cheese biscuits with garlic herb butter for one of my crews.

4 Likes

Today I discovered a piano on Jita. I know they sell them, usually as antique decorations. You’d be lucky to find one that works, much less one that’s in tune. The one I found was in a park, of all places, under the shade of a tree. It worked well enough, and though it really needs to be tuned, it was good enough to play a lullaby my father used to sing to me.

I just wish I could still feel the keys with all my fingers. I wish I still had all my fingers. I guess I’m a little like that piano: I work well enough, but every now and then I could use a little tuning myself. Speaking of which I need to find my elbow grease.

It’s a thing. Don’t ask.

3 Likes

Very interesting. I have several pianos, including one in L’Amore that has been there for many years. :slight_smile: You’re welcome to come try it out.

There was also a venue called The Broken Piano, where I played sometimes. Pianos aren’t rare. You’ve maybe been looking in the wrong places?

3 Likes

Ypu know what they say. Spend ages looking for a piano, then three turn up at once.

1 Like

I witnessed a manumission ceremony…and something else.

1 Like

Spent time resting and recovering. Did paperwork in bed for most of the morning, and now am reading up on Sebiestor customs and history.

2 Likes

Thank you.

I watched a Splinterz game. My team lost. Went to the gym, and otherwise hanged out around my place.

2 Likes

That surprises me. I have memories of seeing pianos in Caille as a boy, but I never really noticed them out in public. I think maybe I just wasn’t looking for them, and the one I found seemed so out of place.

Since you mentioned it, I have noticed more instruments in general. Much of my work takes place in industrial settings, where music isn’t common. I do enjoy music when I’m mining, from Bach to Strache to Miana to Chopin.

3 Likes

I purchased a new ground vehicle to commute between my house and the university.

2 Likes

Today I took time to play my Electric Bass. Did some meal prep and general cleaning.

2 Likes

I’m working toward starting a business, so today has been all about my stockpiles and spreadsheets so I can figure out what I have and what I need. I was hoping to get my business started by now, but it may be closer to the end of YC123 or the beginning of YC124 before I get there.

1 Like