What non space thing did you do today?

I planted some new Seeds in my garden, with the help of a few laborers of course. I am looking forward to watching them grow.

3 Likes

There is an estate my family owns on a tropical island that has fallen into disarray since my father’s death. Given the complicated nature of our family relations, it was necessary for me to buy the estate from my family in order to keep it, well, kept up.

L’Delafaux is a wonderful place. My ancestors purchased the property from the locals and hired them to cultivate the land. They built a bungalow that has since been expanded into a mansion, and there are sugar cane fields where the locals can work if they need a job.

Today I became the sole owner of 'L’Delafaux, and ordered a veritable armada of drones to come in and repair the house. There’s also quite a bit of work to be done on the eastern fields, and there’s drones for that as well.

Right now, I’m seated on the front porch, drinking rum, enjoying a corona cigar, and watching a few of the locals scamper about in the surf. It’s the calm before the storm, and I only regret I’ll have to leave to handle my business.

One day, I plan to retire here, when it’s all said and done.

3 Likes

I took a trip back to Caldari Prime, visited the Kaalakiota mountains. Did some hiking and rock climbing.

It was really nice.

Spent some time on a summit with Cold Wind. Felt good to feel it upon my face and reconnect.

6 Likes

I went to a Liberation Games party on the audience side with my siskon [translator: cohort sisters and brothers, members of a clan of the same age] (way to go translator, you did it!) on the condition that they do not spend the entire time to 1) nag at me about retiring or 2) discuss with me the prospects or failings of my son the young chief. Had a blast, now have a hangover.

4 Likes

Your similarly aged relatives are always used by your older relatives as measuring sticks to judge and/or beat you with.

Must be some kind of genetic thing at work or something. Like how siblings, even if childless, become instant experts on the subject of how you are raising your children wrong.

4 Likes

Once again, tended my wind garden. Then took some time to practice my posing routine for the upcoming intergalactic bodybuilding competition being held on Villore.

Finished the day off meal prepping and watching a Splinterz game.

My team lost again.

1 Like

I spent more time doing a whole lot of nothing. This isn’t healthy for me.

1 Like

I fear I may have lost a friend I hold in high regard. It has been several months since my colleagues and I have heard from him, and this after reports of serious concerns for his health.

Today, I began arrangements to ignite his cyno, either to lead him home or shine in his memory.

" I must go out to the stars again, to the vagrant miner life,
To the rat’s way and the moon’s way where the warp’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,
And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over."

Rest in Peace, Ash.

3 Likes

I made some traditional Thukker vodka by blending the ethyl-alcohol refrigerant used in my Stabber’s air conditioning system with some native Matari herbs and berries. Just like the ancestors used to make it.

2 Likes

I taught some of my cousin’s pre-school age children how to make farty sounds with their hands.

My cousin did not find this as amusing as her children did.

5 Likes

Enjoyed my first glass of blood red wine in almost 10 months, while having a well deserved day off from being a mother of twins

5 Likes

To settle an argument at the university with a social sciences professor, I engaged in a mud wrestling challenge.

I prevailed despite being subjected to several fishhooking fouls.

I have to say. Wow. That Kaztropolitan certified non-toxic safety sports mud sure is non toxic. And safe too !

2 Likes

This, sounds AMAZING!

Sign me up!

I started my new job as waitress at Cafe Marlinea in Mehatoor.

4 Likes

I found a long-lost shipment of my homemade wine near the hangars aboard the Sahtogas IV station! It surely didn’t age within the bottle but definitely good wine!

2 Likes

I was cleaning my long-neglected quarters this morning. While taking out the trash, I discovered someone had very nearly broken out an airlock window. Most of my morning was spent speaking with CONCORD and the station management about the damage. The offender remains at large, last I heard.

Binge watching holoreel series like 4 Atrons and a Tristan or Wayward - One system at a time.
Volume set to loud. With a plush Yak to keep me company and having some dried and pressed seaweed with sesame.

4 Likes

Slept in! That was sooooo nice.

Also it was my cheat day. The chocolate cake didn’t stand a chance!

3 Likes

Went to a BBQ

3 Likes

Yesterday after church, I went shopping with a friend. Saw this very daring1 dress that I half jokingly suggested she might like.
Somewhat to my surprise she agreed and went for it.

1. By daring I mean that the neckline wasn’t just plunging slightly, it plunged far enough that not only did it show the navel, but would also show if the wearer shaved. Quite scandalous really.

2 Likes