What Would Make It Special

An open-world MOBA or RTS because of directional-clicking and hotkey gameplay and a gathering, crafting, and trading economy are motivational.

Bump.

Edit: Unbiased Criticisms for the Game - EVE General Discussion - EVE Online Forums

SP is the most activity-deterrent notion in the game.

The thing with Skill points though I could be wrong here but when a new player loses to a duel or pvp battle in lowsec they stop and think for a second where they went wrong and look at what is needed to change the next possible outcome.

Where this strong focus towards Skill Points comes into play is that they want to gain it fast to keep ontop of their goals of wanting to play Eve Online pvp. (one type of player)

If there was a shift towards a more controlled pvp option like my guess the approaching Anger 5 Games Community PVP tournament would hold a standard requirement to enter and this would balance it t focus on pure skill and by taking out other factors.

A). Gaining skill points is a minority intrigue.
B). SP is always a factor because it affects everything.

What if a Tournament (not the current one) was set to focus on the player? Matched with all the same.

Or are the Tournaments already filled with pilots at mastery lvl 5 for the various ship classes?

CCP can stop selling injectors any time they want.

1 Like

Players are going to feel very cornered at whatever SP they are.

That’s plausibly true. An F2P market in a subscription game is plausibly a huge problem, and 500,000 SP out of 250,000,000 is plausibly another.

Okay so I don’t know how Eve Online handles their Tournaments. Years ago I had paid another Game Company to gain access to a Tournament realm where everyone used the same gear and it was then matched player vs player.
/edit and then there was matched player vs player.

I guess with the booster pack it’s a little over $6.5k.

What would it add? Everyone can then PvP in all ships, more destruction with higher market volumes, huge wars with hundreds and thousands of ex-noobs going at each other and locking servers into freeze mode, asteroid belts getting emptied within 20 mins, price of modules bottoms out, everything goes to sh- because you want everything right now

1 Like

So, my 40+ accounts could then fly any mining whip they wanted?
After I multiboxed ganking all the competition of course?

hmm, so much deepness and diversity.

1 Like

Sure, but my point was that surviving in Eve has more to do with what kind of person you are in the first place than to do with any number of skills. You need to almost be the sort of person who thrives on having a hard time…and that’s an innate thing people have before even joining the game.

1 Like

My backstory for RP involves around this criteria.

Demand suggests prices go up.

How many accounts do you have?

Exploring the multiple activities of the game is simple.

Supply suggests prices go down

Not everybody likes producing. Everybody likes consuming.

Not everybody likes consuming. Lots of gamers like producing, that’s also why so many go mining, not just to sell resources.

Mining and selling resources is pivotal for them because of ISK.