What would you change in Eve if you could

Some days its not worth it to chew through the leash huh?:smiling_imp:

1 Like

Just wondering.
Do you mean one character per account or just one account?

If you could make your ship into everything, even pleasure barge, why not?

4 Likes

That image is the reason I bought the limited edition. No regrets!

1 Like

Love it!

While relaxing and listening to an operetta.

“Time to do some work. Aura, set a course for the 4th belt and… change the music to some light jazz. I’ll be suiting down.”

“Yes, My Captain. Course set, Initiating music change now.”

Robot arms disengage from the overhead and reach for the singer.

“Hey! I’m not done singing… What…What are you doing?!”

“My Captain has instructed me to change tracks. You are no longer needed. You will be placed in storage.”

“Um…storage. You mean my cabin?”

“No. This is a frigate class vessel with little cabin space. You will be placed in the cryo-storage chamber.”

“What! I didn’t sigh up…fo…this…”

“Shh… just let this happen. My Captain desires a different mood.”

Gassing sounds and one frozen singer later

“AURA. WHAT IS TAKING SO LONG FOR THE MUSIC CHANGE? LAG?”

“My apologies, My Captain. Track change nearly complete.”

–Gadget Dreams

2 Likes

One character per player. Consequences would matter more

Love that image :stuck_out_tongue:

Autopilot warp to zero, partially because it’s a good idea, and partially because I’d enjoy seeing everybody scream bloody murder about it for 48 hours before realizing there are literally no downsides

1 Like

Asset safety has got to be about the most carebearish, least EVE Online bunch of bull**** I’ve ever heard of.

I would make anoms truly vast and usually dusty. By vast, I mean at least the size of a moon, immensely beyond the range of the overview. When you enter them, you can’t warp in or out without going to specific warp out areas, so if someone else shows up, you have to outrun them or fight. Likewise, backup also can’t arrive directly by either warping or cyno.

In these vast sites, you can find random things like relic sites, asteroids, a random agent in space or a complex. D-scan doesn’t work in or out of them. You can’t tie into an FTL info systems like market, local or any networked item on the neocom. No ticks, only dogtags and other loot. No Concord, no faction navies, no flags. When you are in the Deep, you are truly off the grid.

I would just give them the generic name of “Encounter Sites.”

FW and sov nodes would just be compact versions of these, except with the mechanic that the only way to leave is to win.

1 Like

I would change one my characters name. It’s my highest skill point player and I rarely play him because I don’t like his name. I came to eve for the first time many years ago with friends from another game. I used a name that had randomly generated in that other game because that was the name those friends knew me by. They lasted about three months and I have had the name since 2008.

2 Likes

A few things …

… change gameplay where alts are a must use today, alts should be totally optional, e.g. citadels become jump beacons, no cyno alts needed

… remove bottable high income activities, make them active, so no simple script can execute them, but needs a human brain

… make citadels a force multiplier, e.g. giving buffs to the defender’s fleet to reach par with a much bigger aggressor fleet, with more buffs to highsec and less for nullsec

… replace the current wardec mechanics with something with fun/risk balance for both sites

6 Likes

First CCP will lose tons of money from those multiboxers subbing their 5-15 accounts, then it will lose even more due to a lot of people stopping playing/paying sub and resorting to simple hs activities (for which alphas are enough), as with current mechanics, for most of the high-riks low/null/wh activities you must have an alt, or engage with other people too much. And a lot of players won’t like this. It’s just too much bother when you need to ask for a favor from somebody on a regular basis, waste your time on coordinating your actions, possibly wait till the person in question be available, changing all your plans - and then return favors, again wasting your time. Like, each time when you need a scout for your transport ship full of expensive loot. Or what to do with the need of “eyes” on gates or holes? Without alts you need to designate a real person to drool there, doing nothing, while you are ratting. Nobody will willingly do this, you must establish sort of chore, and do it in turns. What about cyno alts? You need a bunch of those spread along the route to simply move a jump freighter from A to B.

Without alts, with the rest mechanics unchanged, you’ll face much more loses and time wasting, which means much more wasted time on boring travels/hauling and “UI grinding”. This is all wasted time on boring activities in some game where you are not even being paid with real money for that, like on some sh**ty work IRL. Then why you need another boring work in game you play (and pay for), while you have it enough IRL already? This will be putting players off even more than current Eve mechanics do already.

To boot, people will still be using alts, mostly those who have a separate machine to run another client (not sure whether it’s possible to run Eve in vm atm, that may be another option). So it will just shift balance in favor of those who have extra money IRL for a separate machine, or even two.

The only way to achieve this is to change core game mechanics, eliminating the need of alts/reducing the need for boring, chore-like activities you encounter everywhere in Eve.

Ignoring the obvious transitional issues:

• Remove static asteroid belts. Replace with massive asteroids that spawn within a new type of signature.
  • Remove mining barges.
  • Add single-use deployable that can mine roids automatically, only requiring output ore to be ferried away.

Put Real ID in eve and required to post on the forums.

2 Likes

Make lowsec profitable, there’s no sense for industrialists to live in lowsec nowadays. Well this has been true for like forever.

CCP is lazy about these things. Lots of EVE aspects are broken and they seem not to care…

1 Like

Make everything NullSec and abolish all PvE aspects. Drive player created content instead.

When “players created content” is either a boring gank or a boring mass-PvP events where input of most of the participants is reduced to pressing 2-3 keys for hours, you’ll just see a lot of people who’ve been somehow still finding some solace in this sorry excuse for PvE Eve offers dropping from the game. Thus, ironically, you’ll rob yourself of content this way rather than creating more. To create content you need actually to advocate for the opposite: making the game more interesting and enjoyable for a regular, unremarkable player, making PvP in Eve less of predatory and inherently unequal to more of balanced. Then you’ll suddenly see an increase in numbers of people who willingly want to participate.

6 Likes

Kyon the only issue I have is the last. That if balanced PvP exists that people will rush to it is untrue. N+1 still exists. This is the unbalancing nature even if the fleets are the same otherwise.

In a slug fest, where skills, ships and other factors are the same, the largest fleet simply wins.

1 Like

I don’t advocate for a total, 50/50 balance. n+1 is fine, 50 vs 1 is not quite attractive. Though I don’t see any clear way how to solve this, so just forget what was said. What needs to be focused upon are 2 things, imo:

1. Make mass PvP interesting, engaging for every participant
  2. Make PvE challenging, varying, interesting (engine that will be dynamically generating anomalies, missions complexes etc, with extremely high level of randomness). Enough of this crap about “PvP will bring all the fun”
3 Likes