Whats the point of skins, if

But are you counting the skins on Serenity?

You should have bought them when they were on sale in the store for cheap, or went farming for them during the events.

I have no insight into the chinese mind, but I don’t doubt that they too buy both virtual and real crap for a perceived “social status” and “identification”.

lol i run 12 orcas each with expensive as all hell skins simply to show that I have the spare isk to splurge on a bunch of golden skinned orcas lol

if you cant afford a skin for a ship try rattintg in said ship then buy it, skins aint to make you look prity they are to show you have more spare isk then the person looking at you

2 Likes

Edit: posted in wrong topic :frowning:

Aside from skill books the EvE economy is player created so the pertinent question is
where do these skins come from?

I suspect the cost of skins is a reflection of their uptake from the NE store which is the only way they find their way in-game. As more players buy skins with PLEX and sell them via the in-game market competition will drive down prices but until that happens sellers have a monopoly on the supply so can charge whatever they want. Presumably even the supposedly “unaffordable” skins do eventually sell, otherwise their price would fall. It’s a low volume, high margin business but there are also relatively “cheap” skins available as alternatives.

1 Like

I’m a big time skinner vs skinner player.

Those are the Rosada Dawn skins, which were part of a fund raiser for breast cancer awareness.

The news article is somewhat plagued by duplication of text, but here it is, for reference.

1 Like

Oh, hell. I didn’t know. My bad …

I was not intending to sound accusatory, if you got that impression. The Rosada Dawn skins are one of the few things I went out of my way to acquire, and I took a personal interest in letting people know where they came from. It’s true, they look like something out of hello kitty. I’d not deny it, nor would I call a person out for wrong doing for making the observation.

I just thought someone might like to know. That’s all. :slight_smile:

No, that’s fine. You can scold me for it if you like. I had no idea it was based on something this serious. I know we had many “Hello Kitty” jokes in the past and even players who created render art of EVE ships with it as motive. Hence I concluded it must have been inspired by it. I just checked the store, but there are none on sale any more.

Scolding people for honest mistakes is not my policy, so I will decline to do so. I don’t want to make people feel bad. If anything, I just want to make better people by sharing information, philosophy, or reasoning, and I want to be a better person by listening to information, philosophy, or reasoning that others have to share.

I am as terrified as anyone that I’d say the wrong thing and offend someone. I’m definitely disinclined to be the person to inflict that situation on another. I prefer that people can freely express what they think or what they feel, even if it’s wrong, because how are we to correct our errors if we can not express them?

There is no wrong in not knowing. There is no wrong in stating a fact - the skin looks to you like what it looks like to you. The harm is in silence out of fear of judgement by our peers because it inhibits the free flow of ideas that would allow us to refine ourselves into better people.

Or so I think. In any case, I’m glad you took an interest in the skins. I like them a lot.

2 Likes

Given the price to buy and fit a carrier/dread, lose it and replace it…really the skin is about the same cost here; however, unlike the carrier/dread when you go pop, it doesn’t it can be reused. The price is within range of the cost of flying the ship and is reusable. Now, that being said I do agree with you on the bit of being unavailable. CCP removes far too many skins in this game. They do it as a marketing ploy to MAKE you want to buy them to have them incase you do fancy them later, its a failed tactic because if you wanted to buy them in case you wanted them later, you would have already done so when they were available in the first place. All it does is prevent newer players from attaining it, thats a philosophy I had hoped CCP would never stoop to but it seems like that day has arrived…

2 Likes

As if!
My ship has to match my shoes… or whats the point of the game!
:stuck_out_tongue:

You win CCP!
'scuse me while break out my cc, this grl gonna gets me some more plex!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.