When will CCP start accepting applications to run for CSM?

I’ve pre-announced my candidacy today, because my novel approach to campaign needs extra time to spread by word of mouth. There’s a few links if folks are interested, and feel free to come by channel GHSOL in game where there’s a FAQ in the MoTD too.

I imagine that before we can post anything in CSM Campaigns, all the i’s have to be dotted and t’s crossed in the application.

@Brisc_Rubal may have some idea for you

Edit: I looked back, and it was this time last year that they announced the CSM election
its possible tomorrow 4/21/23 could be when they announce the CSM18 and early may is when applications start being accepted.

I expect there will be information about the next election soon™.

3 Likes

Good, I am also ‘champing at the bit’, here

m

3 Likes

Running again? Did you hit your head?

2 Likes

Will CCP announce the CSM election this week? Inquiring minds want to know!

CCP Swift has said, on the EVE O discord, that the minutes should be out next week. Hopefully when they come out they will include information on the next election.

3 Likes

Looking for those minutes this week and that hopefully CSM election announcement for the schedule!

Any update @CCP_Swift

1 Like

Applications will open in July for CSM 18 to take term September 26th, 2023

A bit later than usual, discussed here: CSM 17 Summit Recap and Upcoming Election Announcement

2 Likes

Thanks for the update! More time to pre-campaign!!

Almost a week into July…not even a hint from CCP about the CSM election announcement. I’ve already pre-announced in TURN YOUR CSM VOTE INTO FREE SHIPPING FOR MY WHOLE CSM TERM

Why not get something for yourself when you vote in the upcoming CSM election? One paid GHSOL contract comes back to you as 2.5b in hauling services over my CSM term!

1 Like

Lancers are quite possibly the largest threat to GHSOL.

Aside from a contract running late, that is.

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

@CCP_Swift

Everybody’s wondering and waiting patiently.

It’s the middle of July and still no announcement on the upcoming CSM elections key dates.

If voting is supposed to begin in August, how long are players even going to have to run campaigns?

Is this going to be another big bloc controlled CSM, or could we possibly get some diversity this time around? The shorter the campaign timeframe, the less fair it is for any non bloc players to even attempt to run.

Also… When do we get to see Polaris through non-passworded wormholes?
:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

There is nothing stopping folks from starting their campaigns now. Never hurt to get a jump on the competition

I’m excited to hear the enthusiasm for the upcoming CSM elections.

All the durations for each segment of the process remain the same as in previous years. The submission period begins August 1, 2023. More information can be found here: CSM 18 Announcement & Key Dates | EVE Online

I’d say the events of the last several months have built up the atmosphere of this election season to be QUITE spicy indeed!

Brisc, some of us have been campaigning for almost 2 months informally. I figured my grass roots effort (where voters get FREE SHIPPING if I win) might need more than 6 weeks to take hold.

But did you make one in the official csm candidate forum

from the offical announcement I quote

After you have been deemed eligible, you must create a campaign thread on the CSM section of the EVE Online forums

source

just saying there is an order to this and trying to skip steps is not the best start, eh?

m

Whoops my bad