When will EVE be fun again?

name one, please.

1 Like

Knowing CCP is probably wont be fun again anytime soon. It seems to take that company an age to realise its made a mistake and there have been a LOT of mistakes recently.

My advice is; To CCP roll back the toxic changes of the past few months immediately and you will immediately see a bounce up in player numbers. (They wont but they should. WCS, industry revamp, ‘scarcity’ all BS, poorly thought out and poorly executed.)

1 Like

I’m having fun in EvE everyday.

New BLOPS changes are gonna be so fun. Changes to CovOps are amazing.

Making DSTs and Blockade Runners more powerful in nullsec is amazing.

And yes, CCP could just cash in on farmville, but many of us who play this game are excited to take in a more challenging industry system where supply is an issue, just like real industry…

As a bonus, the blue donuts may be much less appealing to players if Rorqs and the need for protection don’t define mining.

And the South is just up for grabs right now…

If people were as passionate about playing as they are about complaining, this game would be even more fun.

5 Likes

I see you have bought into the whole ‘by making things worse we are really making them better’ story…

1 Like

Fun?

I just spent a few hours to circumnavigate the northern half of the universe. Had a blast doing it! Saw a lot of nebula I wouldn’t have seen otherwise, escaped some abandoned bubbled gates, escaped out of a sieged system with less than 20% structure, spent some time reflecting at systems on the edges of the universe, saw some local null sec inhabitants mistakenly type “Io Koval X-XXXX” into Local instead of their intel chat (lol), clenched my butthole as 'cepters were sitting on gates and either nice enough to let me pass or just weren’t paying attention, waved and awkwardly said “just passing” when I was about to jump through a gate where local folks were ratting at, and on top of all that I got to take a lot of great pictures.

I did it w/o ever having been in a nullsec alliance and w/o having blue status with any of the folks living at the edge. It might not be elite PvP but I don’t think anyone else can take this experience away from me. If anything I realized how relatively safe nullsec is if you’re a part of a group of people and are not near the pipelines into nullsec. However, for a neutral rando like me, I realize I probably sent off alarm bells – at least until folks realized I was in a frigate and couldn’t steal ESS nor much of anything else, so dealing w/ me was too much a bother. Overall, definitely a transformative experience for a Tuesday.

There’s fun to be had, and it doesn’t require an optimal mix/max playstyle.

5 Likes

Because of the sandbox nature of this game, I think “fun” is up to the player. Maybe doing something a bit different, outside of your usual comfort zone, can bring the fun back for those who are not feeling it any more.

1 Like

The golden age is long gone my dude

4 Likes

It’ll become fun again when CCP Retread, erm…I mean, Rattati and his ilk are gone.

1 Like

I have thought about what it will take for Eve to fun and enjoyable again for some time now.

I think what it will take is a change in leadership and many of the current employees to be removed. Eve needs a real economic department even if it is just two or three trained and experienced people. CCP also needs to start listening to the customer feedback. They need to start focusing on the things players have been wanting for years. (corp or alliance skins, etc) CCP also needs a real PR department to interact with the players and to keep the players informed.

The two and half years have proven to me that CCP does not know the game, the players or even the economy of the game. Some thing has gone very wrong inside of CCP since CCP seagull left the company!

1 Like

Probably never.

“When will EVE be fun again?”

Be the master of your own mindset.

Don’t be dependent on what ccp does or does not do, to be able to enjoy the game.

EvE has so much to offer in a multitude of activities.

5 Likes

i totally agree that EVE still has much to offer and i continue to play. its just that so much of what has been done recently has turned much of EVE into a job. and frankly , i dont need another job.

1 Like

i was asked to explain myself further, so here it is. not that long ago a buildier could mine all the materials necessary to build a battleship for himself or a friend. along with that came a sense of accomplishment. The effort to put it together was “fun”. then came the redistribution and scarcity era. the only way to build a battleship was to acquire materials via transactions from other parts of space. time delays, added costs, and the sense of accomplishment were now somewhat removed from the equation.
Then came the total revision of industry. my battlleship bpo now requires dozens of addtional materials and process steps to create components, that go into other components that eventually become a ship. Some of these items are npc drops, some are reactions, some are PI. from one perspective it now takes a team to build a ship. however, the sense of accomplishment for building a sub-component of a sub-component just doesnt feel the same. The bulders i have talked to say that this just feels like drone work in a factory full of drones. As a result, many bulders have simply stopped building. i know that this change will not get reverted or revised to shorten the now incredibly long build sequences. but CCP needs to understand that there were things in the game other than shooting each other that we enjoyed doing. now we dont. I am sure the trolls will talk about teamwork and doing things together, but lets be honest, the guy that makes a bearing that eventually goes into a wheel that eventually goes on a car doesnt get the feeling that a shipbuilder once had. its just a job

5 Likes

What you say makes sense. I don’t build much, but I could kinda see that the mineral redistribution could be interesting, since it could push people out of their comfort zones into new regions.

The industry changes though…

It is kinda weird that CCP is willing to hit the players with almost any horrendous pain stick in the name of fixing the “economy” - whatever that means. Yet, at the same time, they undermine their own efforts by selling players stuff for cash, bypassing the economy entirely.

1 Like

8 Likes

I don’t really pay much attention to what’s going on, I’m a casual daily player, a few hours here an there. What negative changes were made?

We need orbital change to something more intelligent, and perhaps controllers flying.
I don’t know Rattati and I personally do not care.
I want improvements.

Only negative is on my bank account.
We put real money.
We deserves some logic applied, that’s it.
Graphics is cool, nerfs are bad bla bla.
I want orbital piloting adjustments. Angles of approach. Real time pitch down and up without losing the target.

fewer of our members are logging in regularly now. perhaps it is the usual summer thing, or perhaps it is exactly what our people are saying. it is too much like a job now just to get enough isk to fly the fun ships. As a builder i cant even keep costs down with all the transaction fees and new requirements. we are creating our own fun by taking out cheap t1 ships on roams, but that has always been an option. much of other gameplay has been nerfed to the point that people dont even bother. look at ratting, super low isk generation. why bother. building ships, you cant make anything without buying stuff from remote locations, why bother
war front at a standstill game limitations make it impossible to do more, why bother.
people have to make their own fun now. CCP is doing their best to prevent it though. (unless you love abyssal crap_

1 Like

If you’re looking for something fun to do, join the Gallente Militia.

They are getting pushed back into their traditional fortress of Fliet by the Caldari drones and there is lots of fun small gang fighting in and around the complexes.

There are also lots of pirates around looking to wreak havoc.

If you are looking for something less intense and/or more profitable, the Abyss is really fun if you get two friends and do the three frigate filaments together.

Most importantly, got to mix it up. Don’t do one thing over and over and over… :slight_smile:

2 Likes