When will there be Eve Online 2

I had to ask but isn’t it time for a second version I bet lots of people would agree it’d be an epic success perhaps suggestions on new game features?

It has already been and gone.

But if you’re meaning a Clean Slate restart? No.

3 Likes

EVE client in a browser soon™

I think we are on EvE 13 atm?

4 Likes

After they finish EVE 1.

5 Likes
1 Like

When? *soon

lots of people would not know what they are talking about

4 Likes

Well somebody at CCP believes that the future is not the PC. They tried consoles with Dust 514, VR with Valkyrie and mobile devices with Echoes. IMO Valkyrie is kind of cool. I could see a full version of EvE in VR potentially being a thing some day. The other two, not so much. They’re also apparently working on a browser-based version of EvE.

But, for regular EvE, on the PC, what does it matter, really, if they call it an update to EvE 1, or EvE 2? They’ve certainly implemented major changes to the game as expansions/updates.

There will be no EvE 2.
Why?
because Eve is dying.

1 Like

When CCP initially created EVE they expected to run it a few years and then make an EVE 2, because that was the way games evolved back then. They soon discovered that this would be a serious mistake as online games are more than just the software, they form communities, it has actual history. A separate new version would harm that severely, split or even destroy the community.

So they understood that instead of an EVE 2, the game could just be iteratively expanded on, maybe forever.

So no, there will never be an EVE 2.

4 Likes

Looking at the company history:

CCP found they had good thing going with Eve. But then:
2006+ White Wolf partnership: Failed
2011: Exansion fail, “restructuring” (firing people)
2014 San Fran studio shut down
2017 Atlanta and Newcastle studios shut down
2018 Bought by the Korean publisher of BDO

This does make me optimistic about their future, or an Eve II.

Looking at the games:
2003: Eve Online, still moderately successful despite huge design problems (such as allowing scams and griefing against which no defense is possible)
2009: Dust 514: Failed (shut down 2011)
2006: World of Darkness cancelled.
2006? Some collectible Eve card game failed miserably
2015 Project Legion cancelled.
2016: Eve Valkyrie, Gunjack, Sparc, Gunjack 2: VR experiments (only the VR market is tiny, so they probably cost a lot more to make than CCP earned.)
2020: Project Nova cancelled, and they’ve announced a shooter (the shooter market is extremely competitive - the top games are well established, and it will be hard to impossible for them to gain a large audience.)

So basically, Eve’s success financed a series of failed projects; would you invest in a company with this track record?

So no, there will never be an Eve 2.

1 Like

Same thing that allowed you to be here?

2 Likes

Nope. I’d still be here if there was a paywall.

I don’t know if you’d still be here,
but lots of the other trash people definitely wouldn’t.

Good thing things aren’t up to you then. And the job of Hater-in-Charge is already taken and far from your grasp so you’re being emotional for nothing.

In my experience ( and yes I’m old ) those who call people “trash” are dumpster dwellers.

1 Like

I’m the emotional one?

I’m not the one hating a thing that I could easily avoid …
… simply by not playing it and not participating on the forums.

You are.
That’s why you’re trash.

You’re driven by your feelings of hate against the game or its players. (whichever applies in your specific case)
There is no rationality behind coming here and spreading your dislike of a product no one forces you to even acknowledge.
There is nothing rational about this behaviour at all.
Nothing.

That’s why you’re trash.

You have to come here to spread your nonsense …
… because that’s the only way you know to deal with your feelings.

No one’s asking you to come here.
It doesn’t change things.

You’re solely doing it, because you can’t handle your feelings …
… and the only way you know how to handle them is by posting them here …
… and because you want others to feel the same way. Miserable.

Emotionally immature, hateful trash.

You’re very welcome.

Yes you are.
You hate “carebears” but you could easily avoid them by not playing :slight_smile:

Like I said, the one calling other people “trash” is dumpster-dweller.

Try to have a good day, hater.
Oh, and Merry Christmas to you.

1 Like

They don’t like the game as it is.
I like the game as it is.

Why should I be leaving, instead of them?

What sense does it make to complain about a game you don’t like …
… instead of playing something else? None! It doesn’t make any sense! :smiley:

Thanks for proving my points about you. :smiley:
You’re probably completely oblivious to how you did that! :smiley:

Anything else you’d like to add to further support them? :slight_smile:

Solstice dude, chill. And don’t come back until after christmas. :slight_smile: i think you need a break and a hug…

TBH I was very against Eve online 2 idea becuase I thought they would just keep going with this and expand but after everything thats happend now I would love to see an Eve 2 with a different universe much smaller than the one we have now and different mechanics so we get to learn the game over and have a new experience.

Current eve is pretty much already solved there is no more mystery and secret’s or cool techniques that let players become god’s being able to 1v30 anymore.

All those secrets are out and all counters to those techniques are well known. A great shake up would be ■■■■■■■ amazing.