Where are the heroes?

Now that I have read the first post I can reply to parts of it:

The first issue is that AG stands for Anti Ganking and not Anti Griefing, as you know ganking is not griefing, so please try to use the right terminology here as you will confuse people.

You have in fact already answered this, to be blunt what is the difference in helping someone who cannot defend their structure to someone who fits no tank or is AFK?

You make the comment all the time that we are stupid for saving people who don’t save themselves but where is the difference? My group did try to help a few, mostly those who we had some contact with, but a few that we wanted to get content out of. But so many couldn’t even fit their structures with defensive modules, or add even one ship to the defence fleet. When you see this happen again and again, you decide that your game time is best spent elsewhere. That was the attitude of a good number of my comrades and as such difficult to deal with.

And that is your answer.

Furthermore my attitude is that these people need to gang up in groups and it is best to leave them to it. Only by suffering loss will they decide that co-operative play with a group of like minded people will enable them to defend themselves.

Does that help?

In the past we attempted to contact people to see if they would open for allies just like you against selected aggressors, but in the majority of cases they never came back and had indeed left the game or given up on it. And these were structures we could have defended as they were in our preferred TZ.

Another issue we have is that often the defence is not in our main TZ and as such we cannot apply enough force without people making special efforts that effect their RL.

But we have moved on to other, better things.

I noticed that you did not pick up on this thread What was your reasoning? You could have, you could have contacted him in game, ask where his stations were, what timer he had and so on, based on what you said in the first post I would have thought you would have been all over that.