Where too next?

@DeMichael_Crimson - I remember when I did the cosmos missions that I have done, some of the difficulty was trying to find the parts to make the stuff, they often were more expensive than the modules themselves. I have read a few guides on them since so if I do them again I hopefully will have a better understanding. The epic arcs interest me too, I may stockpile the appropriate ships in the starting systems, depending on if I decide to stay in the FW corp I am in atm or not.

@Salvos_Rhoska: aint that the truth.

2 Likes

What have you enjoyed most in EVE?

I don’t recall any Cosmos mission requiring any production. You must be referring to building the modules from the Storyline BPC’s. Yeah, those materials take some time to get.

Most of the Cosmos missions are basically go search and retrieve a specific item for the agent, there isn’t any specific details on how to get the item, it was just go get the item which can be found in this location. That’s why I said to first research guides about each agent mission series to see what items are needed to complete their missions, then go collect those items before accessing the agent.

I think the thing to remember is I get bored easy and I think this, coupled with the fact i’ve had no meaningful break is possibly the issue here.

I’ve enjoyed mission running but now find them dull, same with anomolies and signatures, good ISK but dull

Exploration is enjoyable to a point but then there is only so much hacking you can do before losing the will to live.

Industry/manufacturing - i really enjoy the act of making things, but in my honest opinion you need to have skills in interrogating the eve API so you can get information about where to sell etc, I dont want to be traipsing all around new eden trying to find a good market for X, Y Z items. For instance I made 700 Valkyrie II drones and 900 Hornet II drones recently, I sold a few before the price fell to a level I wasn’t prepared to sell at, so now I am sitting on those items, I may be able to find a slow moving market someone in the arseend of the map but isn’t something I enjoy, so although I enjoy making stuff, because I am not a market maker or interested in the level of research needed for it to work, I dont really do it

Solo PVP - tried it for a while, terrible at it to the point whereby its frustrating so dont go there.

Ive even been through the eve career chart and struggle to point something out that is interesting (to me). I think the best thing I can do is mix it up and move around, maybe have jump clones in different places for different activities.

I used to try and choose things that made decent ISK but Ive since changed my view on that, and now look for things that are fun or interesting to d regardless of ISK (or lack thereof)

yes sorry, I meant the BPCs that you get, the items for those. Can you recommend any decent guides?

1 Like

How about founding a Corp, and seeing where you and members take it together?

Youve certainly got the years and experience in to have credibility as an EVE player, if not yet a CEO.

The ‘Faction Standing Repair Plan’ aka ‘The Plan’ that I posted earlier has links to various Cosmos and Epic Arc guides contained within it.

EDIT:
As for where to get the materials to build the Storyline BPC’s, most of the main materials are random drops from hacking cans located in static Cosmos Complexes.

What you are describing is not uncommon, in fact it is something that pops up a lot in stories from players who are at a downcycle in their retention curve.

In general, there’s two angles of approach, both of which share one commonality: don’t continue as you have been.

So, either take a break, or take what I call a refresher. The first is obvious, just do a bit of spring cleaning to get affairs in order and then look at the real world, get busy there. The second is a lot simpler these days, make an Alpha, or a few. Do things with them which you have never done before. Up to and including your own boundaries of behaviour. Take them to places you haven’t been.

This may sound odd, but when you become detached from your established fun, simple exposure to what isn’t your fun can very easily reinvigorate matters. At the same time, it also widens horizons and gets you exposure to different mindsets, mentalities and mechanisms.

Also, as an Alpha it is quite easy to join a pubbie / newbie / player school organisation. Red Federation / Blue Republic springs to mind, but also Brave Collective, EVE University, KarmaFleet, Pandemic Horde and Code.

The point there is that the treshold towards group interaction is a lot lower without luggage or baggage. Yes, you will not be able to do things the way you are used to, and while that can be a challenge, it is also an incentive towards teamwork.

Sometimes one step back or sidewards, is two steps forward.

3 Likes

8 years of continuous, active, play is uncommon, even and especially in EVE.

You’d be surprised. My own group has a pretty unbroken line since day 1, beta even in most cases. And among us there’s a lot of contacts / network with people who’ve been around continuously for over a decade. In player school organisations it isn’t an uncommon thing either, on the contrary. In roleplayer groups it’s pretty much the same.

1 Like

How many individuals do you count from that with atleast 8yrs continuous active play in EVE?

Wtf is a “player school organisation”?

You’re trying to find something to disagree on by taking one comment and applying it to another perception point. Feel free to do this in your own time, but don’t try to drag me into that kind of thing.

My point here is that when you play for a long time of continuous gameplay it is not uncommon to face the circumstances and challenges the topicstarter described.

You are trying to turn that into a binairy debat of “omg no it is not common that people play for X continuous years”.

In my circles, over the many, many years, it isn’t uncommon in relation to humans sticking through it either. But I am not going to entertain this kind of silly sidestep.

2 Likes

As I said, 8yr continuous active players are uncommon, contrary to you claim.

My conservative estimate would be <1k.

In the +10 yrs of playing this game, I probably have max of 1 yr out during that time so I definitely have over 8 yrs continuous play in the game.

Here we go again. One only needs to take a single look at a topic you jump on.

Continuous active play >8yr vets are anything but common in EVE.

You mistake their extended presence as always here, with them being common.

They are not.
We are talking about EVEs 1% hardcore.

That depends on your reasons for needing a break.
Sometimes it can be healthy to stop playing for a while.
EvE is an incredibly deep and time consuming game but even it isn’t designed to hold
your interest 24/7 year after year.

Perhaps but you don’t speak for everyone.
It’s up to the OP to decide what he wants to do.

1 Like

Nice job of selective quoting and misrepresenting what I said.

Here’s the rest of my statement:

I’ve also taken a couple of months break here and there within that time but I always kept my account subbed so my character could keep training skills.

I wasn’t specifically referring to scamming but your 3 item list seemed to imply there is a bunch of stuff you’ve avoided for whatever reason, so maybe reconsider that decision?

As an example, some of the most fun I had in EvE was as a pirate. Even undocking was exciting because you’re a target for anyone and everyone, so you don’t know who’s going to shoot you next!

Again, I’m not suggesting you become a pirate but if you’re really bored of everything you’ve tried so far then why not try something else?

EDIT: Referring specifically to this part of your post…

…perhaps it’s more a case of finding a corp who have members online when you are, doing the stuff you want to do, on a daily/weekly basis? I’ve been in corps so small it was a struggle to get together enough members to do anything but also in corps so large you felt like a soldier in an army being ordered around all the time :smiley: In my experience, finding the right corp makes a huge difference to your enjoyment of EvE and when you return after a break, it’s almost like coming home…

If all you’re saying is you can remain subbed to keep training skills then you’re not saying anything useful at all, other than stating the obvious.