Cyvok
Kia tolon (Suas)
Mactep
Bobby Atlas
Ginger Magician
Tiller
Shamis Orzoz
Nync

I know I am missing a chunk of people I have ran across, flew with or just shot over the last 14+ years, but I suffer from CRS so the list is the best I could come up with on the spot. These folks made the game fun and interesting.

6 Likes

Honestly can’t remember all the names, but the guys in the Original “Corp 1” showed me the ropes of EVE way back then and was hands down some of the best times on EVE.

The other person i’ll never forget was “Ginger Magician” haha the amount of times i got snipped by him was actually comical and believe it or not he actually taught me some tricks to avoid being snipped.

EVE has changed a lot from the “Old Days” but those core players (even the ones i’ve never met) have help shape EVE as to what it is today, so i /salute them all!

3 Likes

Does anyone remember Verone & Ikvar from Sniggerdly? They used to hang out around Molden Heath, before they moved on.

I also remember the community hatred against a guy that went by “Firstname Lastname” due to a certain unwise comment …

3 Likes

Hehe, there as a corp known as Corp 1? Nice…

Verone is CCP Falcon :slight_smile:

My first EVE hero, back in the first days, was @Wensley, the Rifter Drifter himself. You noobs don’t remember this, but he literally wrote the book on how to solo pvp and be a pirate in a Rifter. He also had a popular blog about his adventures, which seems to have been taken down. Here’s the rifter guide for reference - just a bit outdated. :grinning:

https://eve-files.com/media/corp/wensley/The_Rifter_Guide_Solo_PvP.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiqg9-hyL_jAhWld98KHVGUC3cQFjACegQIChAB&usg=AOvVaw0dU_FqYFu6DvYlNcD7EkUC

Wensley taught whole generations of EVE players how to solo PvP.

My next EVE hero was @Media_Assassin, who bought a stack of a hundred Merlins for the brand new EVE University nullsec campus in Syndicate, which we had just rebelliously founded without the approval of our very rule-driven, micromanaging CEO, sometime around 2011ish. Media Assassin and his free Merlins got me out in space killing things, and discovering I was somewhat good at it.

Sometime after that, I became a disciple of my next EVE hero, @Psychotic_Monk, who taught me to be the chaos I wanted to see in the universe. I won’t get into too many details, but some of you know Monk and the kind of stuff I’m talking about. :grinning:

My last EVE heroes were @Cannibal_Kane, and @Bing_Bangboom, who both inspired me to try solo wardecs, the playstyle that consumed most of my career, and gave me so many great memories.

And finally, my EVE nemesis, @Dark_LizardLord, who can-flipped me on my second day in the game. I tried to get him back with my Thrasher, but he melted my face with a Punisher. I vowed revenge. One day he’ll log in again and I’ll get that bastard.

5 Likes

My Hero is my own…

Then

Code. I wish to hunt them down and collect their corpses.

1 Like

Kind of like your (empty) KB?

1 Like

Not in this thread.

Lord Maldoror.
And the rest at RnK.

Clarion Call.

For the inspiration.

1 Like

Please feel free to point to a thread where I claim to be a big killer or master of PvP…else STFU…

that is why it is still a wish!

I am yet to be in contact with someone whom might be considered a hero in this game, someone who stands for something and someone who is not a hypocrite.

There is like two different atmospheres here, one inside the game where it is fine to scam, cheat or even metagame to rob others out of both enjoyment by disrupting ones game time.

Now here with your reply asking for such edit. I question your actions.

I have understanding that there are tactics to prevent someone from logging into the game or forcing such person to be removed etc… Is that what your doing here?

Referring to player appreciation, I appreciate someone who doesn’t go out of their way to disrupt others both in game and out.

I am unable to support your request as you had openly called me out. If the thread comment requires removing, I invite the correct procedure to be followed here thank you.

Watching footage by @Chessur, @cuffdawg, @Auraus_Porcaleus, and the like has really shown me what the possibilities are to fight against the odds, and serve as an example to show me what good piloting looks like.

Thank you to @Chagrin Case and @Jinx_De_Caire for showing me the way. Your infinite wisdom was really valuable to me.

2 Likes

EvE hero; Black Claw

…and really anybody who has given of their time and effort to teach other players about EvE.

1 Like

I did not have a Hero in this game. But I do now after watching this vid!

2 Likes

I voted for him for CMS because of that (and then watching his other vids)…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.